We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Weather Downtime. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Brian Proctor
View Profile
Inner circle
Somewhere
2315 Posts

Profile of Brian Proctor
What do you guys do to keep performing if the weather gets bad and the crowds dissapear. I certainly wish I lived in the southern states where the weather is nice all year. But I live in Oregon. We get a small window of good weather from April to September then the rest of the year is just crap and no one wants to stop. I certainly plan to use the down time to get more formal shows, restaurant gigs, and to work at home on my street show for the next season.
G.Gilbert
View Profile
Elite user
baltimore
495 Posts

Profile of G.Gilbert
I think you already know the answer to this.. When the weather gets bad, travel where the weather isn't bad..

Or like you said, just work indoors.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
At least I have more school shows to do when it gets cold.
gallagher
View Profile
Inner circle
1074 Posts

Profile of gallagher
Reminds me of the old joke, "Hey, what's TWO days of rain in Oregon?!? A weekend."

A friend of mine told me, though, that everybody up there is used to the `fine english weather', and dresses accordingly. Don't know if this is true or not, but if so..... maybe you could take advantage of the disadvantage. (Jimmy Durante used to say, "Accentuate your problem. That's YOUR strength!) hmmm,... a water/rain- proof show? Are the folks still walking around, OUTSIDE, even tho the weather is for the ducks? Might be interesting,...

Just curious,...
and sitting dry,
gallagher
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Weather Downtime. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL