The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » sheet pan in the head trick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Profile of Justin McWilliams
Here's something different, I hope. I ask a person out on the street to take a card, lose it in the deck, take out a card and it's wrong. Then my friend Nathan smacks me in the head with a sheet pan, and an imprint of the card is left on my forehead. Have any of you seen anything like this? If so, let me know so I can drop the idea.
Hey I'm a magician, i've never told a lie.....oops:o/
Jay
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern New Jersey
400 Posts

Profile of Jay
Wow! How many shows a day can you do before you pass out? Smile

Seriously, sounds like a cool revelation!

Jay Smile
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Jersey huh? What part?
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5348 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
Dan Sylvester (AKA Sylvester the Jester) used to do something similar. A card selected and returned to the deck, the deck shuffled and placed into a large cast iron frying pan. He would hit himself in the face with the large cast iron frying pan (cards flying everywhere) and leave the imprint of his face on the pan. The selected card would be held in his mouth (showing some missing teeth). It was a funny routine.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
Monte,
Don't drop it; it sounds like a wonderful routine!
Just one little problem I have -- really minor, but what's the logic, the motivation, for you being whacked with the pan? Smile
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Peter, I went to culinary school, and one day I was cutting an onion when all of a sudden, WHAM!, someone hit me in the back with a sheet pan. I looked up, wondering what that noise was. I didn't feel anything, it doesn't hurt. So we kept it up, and one day I took a pan to my head only to realize it doesn't hurt. So, it sort of came from learning to cook. In one of my routines, I'm dressed as a chef and I'm doing things with food.
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
Monte,

If your friend Nathan cannot show up for one of your shows, I'd consider flying to NJ and hitting you in the face with the sheet pan until "you get it right"!

Turk
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
Justin McWilliams
View Profile
1983 - 2005
New Jersey
157 Posts

Thanks Turk, I need a back up for that Smile Bong!!! Smile
Dragona
View Profile
Regular user
New Jersey
159 Posts

Profile of Dragona
Hey Turk,
I can always make it if it means hitting Justin in the head with a sheet pan. On a realted topic, we were at Justins old work, one of the top rated restaraunts in NJ and I hit myself about 12 times in the head really fast. His boss looked at me and said "now turn it over and bend it back". I did, and even though I have the worlds hardest head, I saw stars for days. Smile
I have the breath of dragons and the soul of a human.
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
so, you do costume changes doing street magic?

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » We double dare you! » » sheet pan in the head trick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL