The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn is on it's way to me, tips please: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
Hi,

Extreme Burn is in the mail, on it's way to me. Am looking forward to getting it. I would love to receive PM's from anyone with any tips or helpful pointers that might not be on the DVD and have been learned the hard way by users.

If they are non-exposure tips, please leave them here in the forum. Thanks much.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Just do a search on the Café, as there are many posts already on Extreme Burn that are helpful.
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24148 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Yea, do a search like Rizzo mentioned. But, the DVD will tell it all.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
One consideration is when Richard does a change, notice not only does the denomination of the bills change, the currency will also be upside down from the original display. In other words, heads up bills change to tails up bills. I'm not saying this is either a pro or a con, it just is a result of constructing "things" according to the instructions.

I currently constructed "things" a little differently so the changes show a heads up bill changing to a different denomination heads up bill. Not a major thing by any means, but something you may want to consider.
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-23 17:08, Glenn Morphew wrote:
One consideration is when Richard does a change, notice not only does the denomination of the bills change, the currency will also be upside down from the original display. In other words, heads up bills change to tails up bills. I'm not saying this is either a pro or a con, it just is a result of constructing "things" according to the instructions.

I currently constructed "things" a little differently so the changes show a heads up bill changing to a different denomination heads up bill. Not a major thing by any means, but something you may want to consider.

Thanks very much for that inside tip. Just the stuff I am looking for. I am reading the other threads as well.
I am hoping to 'debug' my construction and execution as much as possible, and that knowledge usually comes from hands on users. Your tip is "bingo". Thanks.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I have my EB constructed to where the bills are both face up as well. The reactions I get from this is worth way more than I paid for it! I use it all the time.
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
You're quite welcome.

Here's another worthwhile tip: Don't use brand new bills. They don't spread very easily, and it will take quite a while before they will. Use bills that are relatively new that you can fan out easily...they are far easier to count and handle.

I suggest you iron all your bills on both sides for a few seconds before assembling them, too. This way, you start with wrinkle free bills, but you avoid any problems with the bills binding when you want to show them, count them, or fan them out.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Quote:
On 2008-09-23 19:51, Glenn Morphew wrote:
You're quite welcome.

Here's another worthwhile tip: Don't use brand new bills. They don't spread very easily, and it will take quite a while before they will. Use bills that are relatively new that you can fan out easily...they are far easier to count and handle.

I suggest you iron all your bills on both sides for a few seconds before assembling them, too. This way, you start with wrinkle free bills, but you avoid any problems with the bills binding when you want to show them, count them, or fan them out.

You are "spot on" with that advice. I tried using brand new bills, and it was a nightmare trying to spread them. I went to the bank and asked them for some "slightly used" bills, and they were very accommodating. I've been to my bank several times getting certain bills I need, and the teller asked me why I always seemed to need a certain type of bill. I told her it was for a magic trick and, when I came back, I'd show her.

Well, when I went back I did show her, and she freaked out. Now when I go in, they all expect me to show them something. Kind of cool actually.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
I assume you have seen the promo for Extreme Burn, so you have already seen what you'll soon be able to do. So, may I suggest you spend some time thinking about good presentation possibilities you might use while you're waiting for it to arrive?

You might want to think about some ideas that will allow you to do 2 or 3 changes in the course of your routine. My personal presentation allows me to do 3 changes.

The changes are so visually cool and fun to do it's almost impossible to not get caught up in the visual aspects once you have it... So, now's a good time to think about your presentation options.
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-23 20:05, mysto59 wrote:
I told her it was for a magic trick and, when I came back, I'd show her.

Well, when I went back I did show her, and she freaked out.

LOL, I can see a nervous bank security guard jumping you for having robbed some dough.
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-23 22:50, Glenn Morphew wrote:
So, may I suggest you spend some time thinking about good presentation possibilities you might use while you're waiting for it to arrive?

Thanks. I am thinking up routines, and I am thinking I will do $1's to $20's to $50's if possible. I really don't know the inner workings, so don't know what is possible. Will re-watch the trailer.
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
Well, my good friend's wife works at the bank, so I'm pretty sure she filled everyone in about my magic, including security. At least, I hope so!
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Unfortunately, you can't get 3 changes in the manner you mentioned... 1's to 20's to 50's. You can only go, for example, from 1's to 20's and back to 1's again.
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Again, TY. As far as routines, I like the topical ones. Gas, stocks, political, etc. A neat one would be an McCain/Obama type patter, and depending on your political take, one being elected could either turn your 1's into 50's or visa versa.
Spiderxi
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
28 Posts

Profile of Spiderxi
Do you get the bills when you buy it, or do you have to get your own bills? If so, what can you suggest?
Spider
Do You Feel The Magic?
The Magic Is Comming Smile
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
486 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
You use your own bills, So you get to pick the denominations you'd like. You don't destroy any money but you are tying up the money you use, so it might depend on your disposable income. I originally just used One and two dollar bills, and used a humorous story having to do with betting on a horse at the race track.

This made sense of the two dollar bills because they were commonly used at race tracks in the 70s. My patter justified using the $2 bills. Effect wise, I worked 2 changes into the script. I turned the 2's into 1's and back into 2's again, which is easy to do with a race track type of story.

My current version justifies 3 changes rather than just two.

For pure reaction it's hard to beat just turning 1's into hundreds and leaving them hundreds. But on the other hand, you can put together a very entertaining and eye popping piece of magic with more changes, without tying up a lot of cash... if you think about presentations that can entertain and justify the changes.

That's the way I currently perform it and I'm very happy with it.
deadcatbounce
View Profile
Special user
the Wilds of Ireland
863 Posts

Profile of deadcatbounce
Does this work with any currency? Euros here, and they're all different sizes.
Anyone?

Tks!
"With every mistake - we must surely be learning..." George Harrison.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
You can change pieces of paper into currency. You don't have to change from one currency to another. For a creepy effect, you can, for example, change $5 bills into bloody $5 bills (using fake blood).
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3698 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
But ..... whatever you change from and to must be the same size.

Jim
**Roper**
View Profile
Regular user
Houston
179 Posts

Profile of **Roper**
Motivation for doing the contrived folding action before making the bills change. Say you change $1s into $2s, here is motivation for doing the folding action before making the bills change. During explanation inform your audience you’re going to double the money, do the folding move while joking (“when folded it looks like more money!“), creating the verbal image of doubling your money. Fold the bills back out to normal…then bam, the money does double!

Same goes with the joke about ‘increasing’ your money…fold the bills in half, having now actually creased your money.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Extreme Burn is on it's way to me, tips please: (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL