The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Wand Online: the magic video site (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I remodeled my website, The Wand Online.

It is now a magic video collection. I plan to make this one of the largest collections of magic videos on the internet.

Here is a list of features:

* Rating - you get to rate videos and let the best ones rise to the top
* Comments - comment and talk about your favorite videos
* Social Bookmarking - save your favorite magic videos to more than 50 social bookmarking websites
* Tell a Friend - instantly tell your friends about cool videos at the click of a mouse
* Search - easily find videos without the need to browse. All videos are tagged in order to provide you with hassle free searches
* Anti Spam - three layers of anti spam are in place. Captcha, spam filters and human moderation
* Categories - all videos are organized by genre. Go to your favorite type of magic at the push of a button
* Free - All of these great videos and tools are provided free thanks to our sponsors. If it were not for them, the Wand Online would not exist
-Matt
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1613 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
I do not agree with you on that

Magic video depot is mainly user submitted videos of their own work.

The Wand Online is a collection performance videos of famous and professional magicians, unique effects and other related videos rather than a collection of videos shot in someones basement or living room.

This was created to be used as a reference source for magic videos, so that you do not need to weed out the cr@p and unrelated videos on youtube.

None of the videos on the Wand Online are on MagicVideoDepot.

Please rethink your statement of "unnecessary."

-Matt
-Matt
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Still unnecessary in my opinion, thanks to Abratube.

http://www.abratube.com/
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Still, these other websites are offering a different service.

The Wand Online offers a constantly updated library of magic videos, not needing to rely on user submitted content.
-Matt
Majestic12
View Profile
Special user
Maryland
643 Posts

Profile of Majestic12
Still unnecessary,

http://www.itricks.tv
Uli Weigel
View Profile
Inner circle
Berlin, Germany
1478 Posts

Profile of Uli Weigel
Majestic12, thanks for the link. I didn't know that site. Looks good to me, as well as abratube.

Matthew, you've got a lot of work to do to compare with those two websites. Smile
Matthew W
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2456 Posts

Profile of Matthew W
Yes, I have a lot of work, but I assure you it will be done.
And I do not think it is unnecessary, I don't know why you say that. Each of the sites offers something different, and it is up to the user to make their choice.

How many magic forums are out there?
-Matt
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
TrickeryMagic
View Profile
New user
NJ
77 Posts

Profile of TrickeryMagic
How typical. Here we have a kid who's doing something positive and is doing a nice job with it, but he gets shot down. Matthew, I'm sure the 4 hobbyists have contributed nothing to the magic industry other than seeing their own words typed in a hobby forum. Simply ignore them.
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Profile of Ethan the emazing
Hey Matthew! Unfortunatly I agree with some of the people above, this niche is already taken. I think you have some good ideas, you just need to find you niche in the online magic world.

I also run websites (about 20+ at the moment) and know how much it stinks to find your ideas are already taken. So keep on trying and develop your ideas, who knows, your site may end up being the best one of all...Just not with this avenue.

Ethan
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
The site does look great and it does look like much work was put inot it maybe if it was modified slightly it could be a different slant on the same niche. Would be a shame to waste all that work but the wandonline domain name purcase is nice because when he does change the website to something differnet the name can be applied to another magic site. its not like he named it magicvideos.com or something.
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Exactly. Its a great domain, the site just needs some work.
Futureal
View Profile
Inner circle
1613 Posts

Profile of Futureal
Quote:
The Wand Online is a collection performance videos of famous and professional magicians, unique effects and other related videos rather than a collection of videos shot in someones basement or living room.

Ok, so you don't own the rights to host or distribute any of the clips on your site?

Just a matter of time before you get nailed under copyright laws then isn't it?
Ethan the emazing
View Profile
Elite user
anywhere but here USA
454 Posts

Not if they are hosted on youtube. He can't be sued or get in trouble for a third party site hosting the videos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » The Wand Online: the magic video site (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL