The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Purchase suggestions needed please for Fickle Nickel Type vanish. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
Hi,

Mostly do cards. I am just getting into coins. (Got Bobo's on the way) and have been working on basic sleight for coins. I love the look of the Fickle Nickel.

2 questions: For amateur social performance, (friends parties etc.) do you suggest I get this illusion, and if so does anyone recommend a certain shop, make or supplier?

(FYI, I know nothing about this illusion, or how it works, despite loving the look; so hands on critiques are much appreciated).

Thanks in advance.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3620 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Hello from Louisville:

The Ickle Pickle Fickle Nickel is a nice little effect, and it's CHEAP! You can pick it up a Penguinmagic.com Better have something else to order or the shipping will cost more than the trick!

This is a good starting point for gaffed coin tricks - you can also do other things with the nickel once you figure out what's going on. David Blaine uses one (or is it a quarter?) in his vanishing coin on palm trick.

I would also recommend "Scotch and Soda", it's a great little trick with some unbelievable coin gaffs.

Jim
Pecan_Creek
View Profile
Veteran user
The Nation of TEXAS!
323 Posts

Profile of Pecan_Creek
While Ickle pickle nickle
isn't the same as fickle nickle.
any effect well handled
can give the audience a tickle!
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-25 15:46, Pecan_Creek wrote:
While Ickle pickle nickle
isn't the same as fickle nickle.
any effect well handled
can give the audience a tickle!

There once was gent :"Pecan Creek",
who gave all his postings a 'tweak',
He couldn't just write,
about magical sleight,
instead he would 'rhyme', so to speak.
:)
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Then there's "The Wizards Machine".
No, he's not trying to be mean.
He just wants a laugh,
while reviewing this gaff,
one of the best values he's ever seen.
Sammy J. Teague
soccergod
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of soccergod
I remember seeing this trick on one of the tapes or dvds I have. Does anyone know which tape it is?
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Hip Hip Hooray Sammy J.!
who threw back a limerick my way.
To those who have said,
that wit might be dead,
Ain't been to The Magic Café!
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
What the heck am I supposed to think?
Sometimes my magic just seems to stink.
The fickel nickle's a beginner thing.
With proper handling it can really sing!
Sammy J. Teague
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2650 Posts

Profile of Tom G
The original Fickle Nickle that Doug Henning performed isn't really for close up. The handling is a little cozy.
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3620 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
There once was a man from Nantucket,
Who's ............

Jim
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
862 Posts

Profile of boydy
You can find the effect as a bonus on Ammar Classic Renditions DVD about Rubber band magic (Crazy mans Handcuffs).

Alan
brettsaunders
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
108 Posts

Profile of brettsaunders
The Wizards Machine,

I purchased Fickle Nickel This is an amazing looking effect. It can NOT be performed surrounded (only appropriate for people in front of you and can be done with coins probably no larger than a quarter (10 cent piece Australian), depending on your body size however the smaller the coin, the easier to achieve the effect. You cannot do a complete vanish, however you can show both sides of the hand empty albeit with an unnatural posture. Does not require much practice, moreso an awareness of angles. You can walk around all day ready to perform the effect at a seconds' notice once you've made basis quick preparations.

If you need a gimmicked one-handed coin vanish, this is very amazing, but David Stone's one-coin routine with his "wiped clean" move is also very good, however that effect requires 2 hands & more practice than with "Fickle Nickel"
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
The Fickle Nickle was not originally from Ickle Pickle. John Cornelius was the inventor of this effect, and he was the one who sold it. This might give some idea as to why he, Steve Dusheck and others are hesitant to release their creations now...they get knocked off rapidly.

Bob Phillips
MarkTirone
View Profile
Inner circle
palming not 1 coin, but
1139 Posts

Profile of MarkTirone
Hehe. I havn't thought about this trick in ages. I am going to try and dig this one up tonight and try it out again.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
John Cornelius sells the Fickle Nickle on his website for $10.50 (not including shipping).

http://www.johncornelius.com/

Bob Phillips
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Purchase suggestions needed please for Fickle Nickel Type vanish. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL