The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CupOodles from Hottrix (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
I have heard many pros and cons on it. Just want to ask some questions:

1)Some people mentioned that they had bad experience with Hottrix, is it a reliable dealer?

2)Can I choose my own package, not just use cup noodles?

3)I've heard that Silencer is exactly the same thing of CupOodles. Is it worth to buy a silencer for an extra routine (e.g. to make a ring vanish using a bag)?

4)Is the handling difficult? Or is just some basic sleight used (e.g. false transfer)?

5)Is it better than rinky dinky (comparing the ring to other place routine)?

If any of these questions is not appropriate to discuss here, just forget it! Thanks for your kind attention.

Hirase
In love with magic!
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
You can use any almost packages you like. You don't have to use cup noodles. I prefer using bags of chips. Yes. Silencer is the exact same thing. I don't thing it's worth getting both. The handling is not difficult at all. It's very simple. Rinky Dinky is a completely different routine. I don't think you can compare them. Overall, Cup Oodles is a pretty good effect. I recommend it.
Hope this helps. Smile
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
I was very mad when I bought Cupoodles, since I had bought Silencer. I can't go into detail witout saying what Silencer IS, but you need silencer to make Cupoodles work. I could have made Cupoodles with a tiny bit of thinking...if only someone told me it was the same thing!!!

Ian
Michele
View Profile
Loyal user
Taiwan
299 Posts

Profile of Michele
CupOodles and Silencer are nearly the same!
Personally, I don't recommend either. The Rinky Dinky is the best trick from Hottrix !!
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
No, Michele!! I would have to disagree with you. The best thing at Hottrix is their Handz-Up.

Ivan
Yours,

Ivan
eebie376
View Profile
Elite user
415 Posts

Profile of eebie376
I agree- I love the handz up.

Ian
Michele
View Profile
Loyal user
Taiwan
299 Posts

Profile of Michele
oh! Sorry...yes, handz up is for stage work, but not for me. It's too big.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Thank you very much for all your kind reply.
I think I will order CupOodles within this week.

Best,
Hirase
In love with magic!
grazza
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of grazza
I'd love to comment on this one. I ordered my Cup Oodles over two months ago and it has still not arrived, despite several e-mails chasing it.

This was my first (and now last!) purchase from Hot Trix. Has anyone else had a similar problem, or have I just been very unlucky??
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
Although I like CupOodles, I think Silencer is a ripoff....It is not a vanish, as stated in the description, yet a transposition...I emailed Hottrix about this multiple times, asking for a refund, and they didn't respond to any emails. The customer service blows, and I'll never order from them again,nor will I recommend anyone to buy anything from them again.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Grazi, magicman.

After your posts, maybe I have to rethink before I buy. Anyway, can I buy Cupoodles anywhere else, not Hottrix?

thanks,
Hirase
In love with magic!
yoey2000
View Profile
Regular user
127 Posts

Profile of yoey2000
Yes, it's available at other stores.
manipulator
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, Texas
319 Posts

Profile of manipulator
You can order it from a few other places, such as penguin magic (www.penguinmagic.com) and magic pro shop (www.magicproshop.com). Lower prices too.
grazza
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of grazza
There's got to be something wrong when a 3rd party can retail a product at less than the manufacturer?!
magicmanr
View Profile
Loyal user
226 Posts

Profile of magicmanr
Actually grazza, that's quite common...The manufacturer sells it at their 'msrp' price, while dealers can sell it at a lesser profit..
rami7007
View Profile
New user
58 Posts

Profile of rami7007
I just posted my own thing on cup oodles and silencer..... I wanna know some people say silencer is the same as cup oodles???? can I use cup oodles as silencer????? I really wanna know casue I have a show soon and might use them...... I will probly get cup oodles but really is silencer a good vanish for a stage show or would I be better off doing another kind of vanish and forget silencer... should I get cup oodles but vanish the object with a totaly different method????
jonnyt
View Profile
New user
22 Posts

Profile of jonnyt
I personally think Cupoodles is just alright..its more like tools and an idea to accomplish an effect as opposed to rinky dinky in which the gimmick does most of the 'work' for you. I personally like rinky dinky much. I know what Silencer is and think that you can get an equally strong effect with just Cupoodles by itself
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » CupOodles from Hottrix (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL