The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Best Walk Around....for.... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Profile of Clifford the Red
Dude that would be a great queue effect. I like how you could involve the people in looking for the ghastly little thing. The thing is you don't do it for everyone. You do it for a little group, while others can hear and try to see. Then it escapes and all hell breaks loose as you run after something. Then the people start talking amongst themselves about "What did you see?"

Maybe you could combine it with a hook up a (self-resetting) mechanical line that shoots something underneath the carpet (a bit away from where people are standing) or along a wall, very quick so people see something but don't know what they saw.

So you lose the creature and then zing there is commotion behind people and you run after it frantically asking people "Have you seen it?"
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
TEB3
View Profile
Veteran user
Texas
366 Posts

Profile of TEB3
The little creature in the cupped hands sounds a lot like something Carl Herron (Brother Shadow) has been doing for years.

TEB3/Lary/Traveler
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
I'm not sure when in the passed few years I saw the product sold in the magic shop.
was Brother Shadow the one to put it out on the market?

C
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Or, you could eventually find him...like I said, many Hot costumes on Halloween... Smile
www.christiancagigal.com
srayproctor
View Profile
New user
84 Posts

Profile of srayproctor
Clifford the Red,

Could you please elaborate on "the flaming fortune cookie" from Eugene. Is this a marketed effect? I searched for it and found no results.

Thanks,
Scott
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I don't believe Brother Shadow put this out on the market. He uses a doll hand that was painted and modified by him. I purchased one years ago that looks like a four fingered monster hand. It's made of latex. I planned on using this in the lines this year.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-30 19:28, srayproctor wrote:
Clifford the Red,

Could you please elaborate on "the flaming fortune cookie" from Eugene. Is this a marketed effect? I searched for it and found no results.

Thanks,
Scott

Eugene Burger Magical Voyages Vol 2 Flash Spirit Message

You'd almost feel guilty doing it if you had any shred of decency, but we don't. It is a great icebreaker for a party and really attracts attention. Trust me, we use this all the time.
"The universe is full of magical things, waiting for our wits to grow sharper." Eden Philpotts
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
The magician shows to the children a photographie of Freddy Krueger.
He rolls it in ball and deposits the pellet in his left hand. He opens his hand … Freddy is disappeared !
More nothing! One sees nothing any more but the palm of the open hand.

The magician declares that he will now make return Freddy.
He closes again his left hand and covers it with the right-hand. Suddenly he pushes a cry! The frightened children can see a small hand emerging with the magician's hands. At the end of each finger of the small hand there is a blade… it is the hand of Freddy Krueger !!!!
The magician opens his hand and the children can note that the hand of Freddy is disappeared but that the magician's palm is striated with scratches (think ashes in the palm)
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
(continuation not obligatory)
The photography was signed by a child (or a drawing)

In the end of routine the child finds the paper pellet in his pocket. It unfolds it, recognizes its signature (or drawing) on the photograph. It is well that of Freddy but now Freddy shows a broad smile. This night it will not sleep! Signed by a child (or a drawing)

(think "Out of lunch")
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Beyrevra, that is some great thinking there!!
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
I perform anything that looks like bizzare magic.
I talk a lot but when it's time to put up, I shut up...
I'm not event sure I’m apt to perform anything either...

;)
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-30 19:34, EVILDAN wrote:
I don't believe Brother Shadow put this out on the market. He uses a doll hand that was painted and modified by him. I purchased one years ago that looks like a four fingered monster hand. It's made of latex. I planned on using this in the lines this year.

Does anybody remember the the little creature put out a few years ago?
Instead of a hand that reached out of your cupped hands, this was a vague little twisted creature face that could be seen when you allowed people a tiny peek into your closed hands. You could then make it seem to vanished in an instant.

C

ps
Bey,
Yes great stuff!
www.christiancagigal.com
Clifford the Red
View Profile
Inner circle
LA, California
1935 Posts

Of course, Creature by Arlen Studio, Keith Lack. He also did Parasite which was similar. I think he's out of business, his site disappeared a while ago. You could call it D'Monster, in fact I had the idea to muck with it like a D'Lite to make it's eyes glow red (or blue or whatever you want). Great stuff. That was on my list of "Things to Screw with People's minds in the New Age Shop" along with using a D'Lite to make the crystals glow that I pick up. Oh and loops are on the list too. Can you tell the list is real? I am so bad. I know. But you would enjoy seeing that, you know it. Admit it.
papus
View Profile
New user
Toronto,Canada
16 Posts

Profile of papus
I have to say the Voodoo Doll that rises in you hand
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1265 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I have Daniel Greenwolf's Wicker Man. It's big and can be used for close up, stage and anything in between.

Another effect that I've been having success with (for the little ones) is the Stiff Rope. I call the routine, "Shaking Hands With A Ghost." I ask if they've ever shaken hands with a ghost. Then I stick my hand out and shake hands with nothing. They all have that look of disbelief at this point.

I tell them that it looks like you don't believe me so I'll prove it. Out comes the rope. I take the end on the right and hold it up in the air. When I let go it drops because that's not the side the ghost's on. But...if I take the left side and hold it up. Look, the ghost grabs a hold.

Okay, you can let go now....(and the rope drops along with their jaws.)

Like I said, the little one like this. A bit older and they all claim it's a trick rope.

Trick rope? Who ever heard of such a thing anyway?
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Best Walk Around....for.... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL