The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Just learned Extreme Burn, and I gotta say the effect is: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS GENIUS
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Okay I calmed down. But I gotta tell ya, Richard Sanders really outdid himself with this one. Wow. I just love all the ways you can play it. I love the close quarters brush back with the hand move. Really fun.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
480 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
I knew you were gonna love it, everyone does. You'll have a blast playing with it, I know I did. But, when the dust settles your biggest challenge will be developing a presentation and routine with as much entertainment value as eye candy.

Good luck on a very fun journey.

Glenn
Visit www.povmagician.com for
The Rub-a-dub Deluxe Suite
The Morphew One Hand Top Palm
Bob's 3 Shell Boot Camp and more...
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3629 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Just got mine yesterday. What a terrific idea, and a terrific effect. I can't wait to start practicing. This has to be the best effect of 2008

Jim
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Thanks Glenn. My wife almost fell down after I did the 'close quarters' version for her. Then when I handed her a $20 to look at: "NO WAY! HOW THE HECK DID YOU DO THAT!?"
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
480 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
You're welcome. Richard talks about the idea of paying for something with one of the bills after the change, and it's a great one. I do have one bit of advice though. If you are going to pay for lunch or want to leave a tip for example, just add the bill you want to use to pay, to the bills you'll be changing your ones into. There is really no need to remove any of the bills already there. Just don't put the bill in the exact middle and things will work just fine. Lot's of fun.
Glenn Morphew
View Profile
Elite user
Chicago
480 Posts

Profile of Glenn Morphew
Jim,

I agree. Another fabulous item, oddly enough from Richard again... is called Interlace. Check it out if you're not already familiar with it.

Glenn
CurtWaltermire
View Profile
Elite user
Curtis The Mentalist
486 Posts

Profile of CurtWaltermire
I received a copy of Extreme Burn almost immediately after it was released. It is an absolute reputation maker. I often carry it with me. I have a friend who is an aerospace engineer who has had me perform it for other engineers and the result is always the same--they're speechless.

I realize that it is really a variation of another bill switch technique, but IMHO it really stands alone. I considered it a compliment the other day when my barber claimed he saw David Blaine the other night on television perform the same effect, and he said "he did it just as good as you do!"

It is one of those rare effects that is what REAL magic is supposed to look like!

Curtis
http://www.CurtisMagic.com
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
The handling is so much more stable than the other versions. I love it!
Sammy J. Teague
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

I can't stop playing with this. I built it yesterday, but decided to rebuild another today. I had a hunch that a VERY slight altering of the placement of the gimmick would really help with the fluidity of the illusion. Boy, did it. PM me for details if you like.
Brian S. Tanner
View Profile
Regular user
161 Posts

Profile of Brian S. Tanner
I can't say enough about this effect. I went in to a local pizzeria to pick up an order. The fellow behind the counter says "the total is $12.75, sir."

I pulled out EB, and counted out 5 $1 bills. I said "Would it be alright if I give you five dollars today, and I'll just owe you the rest ?" Of course the young man said "No !" I then said "As you wish." as I flicked my fingertips over the ones, thereby changing them into TWENTY'S. This kid's eyes popped , his jaw fell to the floor, and said "What the **** ?"

I then took one of the $20.00 and paid for my order. This kid's hand was actually shaking as he counted back my change .

Maybe it was the first time he witnessed a magic effect first hand, but it was priceless just the same.
Judge:How do you plead?
<BR>Defendant:I plead insanity.
<BR>Judge:Insanity?
<BR>Defendant:Yep. I'm just crazy about that stuff!
BooRadley
View Profile
Regular user
Houston Area
176 Posts

Profile of BooRadley
I'm curious about The Wizard's Machine's alternative placement of the gimmick, but he has no PM icon...so...if he sees this...I hope he'll post it or PM it to me. It's a great effect. I was thinking of altering the bills to have them end face up instead of face down.
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2008-09-27 09:42, BooRadley wrote:
I'm curious about The Wizard's Machine's alternative placement of the gimmick, but he has no PM icon...so...if he sees this...I hope he'll post it or PM it to me. It's a great effect. I was thinking of altering the bills to have them end face up instead of face down.

I'm interested, as well. Wizard, can you check out why we can't PM you?
Thanks,
Sam
Sammy J. Teague
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

My PM is fixed....me thinks.
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-09-27 03:29, B to the T wrote:
I can't say enough about this effect. I went in to a local pizzeria to pick up an order. The fellow behind the counter says "the total is $12.75, sir."

I pulled out EB, and counted out 5 $1 bills. I said "Would it be alright if I give you five dollars today, and I'll just owe you the rest ?" Of course the young man said "No !" I then said "As you wish." as I flicked my fingertips over the ones, thereby changing them into TWENTY'S. This kid's eyes popped , his jaw fell to the floor, and said "What the **** ?"

I then took one of the $20.00 and paid for my order. This kid's hand was actually shaking as he counted back my change .

Maybe it was the first time he witnessed a magic effect first hand, but it was priceless just the same.

Great! Would have loved to seen his face. This illusion is going to go down as one of the classics. I mean, you can carry it around with you, the angles are manageable, has many ways you can play it, AND is done with actual currency that you can pay with after knocking the socks off a spec. (In a practical scenario!)

Hard to beat.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
When my wife saw David Blaine do Extreme Burn on his special the other night, she got really excited and asked me, "Hey, how come you only make your ones turn into twenties?" Curse you, Blaine!
hou_dini
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of hou_dini
I can't wait to hit the shops during the holiday season!
K_B_G
View Profile
Regular user
136 Posts

Profile of K_B_G
A quick question, and I'm guessin' the answer is an obvious NO if Extreme Burn is based on the same idea like Hundy500, but can I use different sized bills? It's a pain because all our bills are diff sizes...
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-01 07:44, K_B_G wrote:
A quick question, and I'm guessin' the answer is an obvious NO if Extreme Burn is based on the same idea like Hundy500, but can I use different sized bills? It's a pain because all our bills are diff sizes...

Jeez, it must drive the cash register makers crazy with all those diff size bills. Smile
NO, different sized bills will not work. However, what you can do is turn 4 or 5 bill sized magazine clippings into 4 or 5 of one of your particular bill denominations. Even though the U.S. has all the same size bills, I am going to do the magazine rig as a second set.
warren
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
3310 Posts

Profile of warren
Another big fan. Visual magic at it's best.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Just learned Extreme Burn, and I gotta say the effect is: (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL