The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Just learned Extreme Burn, and I gotta say the effect is: (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
For a Halloween effect, I turn $1 bills into very bloody $1 bills.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27113 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 20:57, Ba Ba Booey wrote:

Good going! Finding a hook is what makes a trick work for the audience.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of The Wizards Machine
Quote:
On 2008-10-01 20:57, Ba Ba Booey wrote:

Nice!
What are you using for blood? Please tell me it's not the real thing.
Spiderxi
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
28 Posts

Profile of Spiderxi
It's the best £20 I have spent!
Yeah, what do you use for blood? Because that's a really cool effect!
Spider
Do You Feel The Magic?
The Magic Is Comming Smile
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
536 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
I use Halloween store blood called "Vampire Blood." It comes in a one ounce tube. There are some other types of blood out there, but they tend to be sticky, which isn't good. I put some of this stuff on my fingers and then handle the bills to get finger/thumb prints all over them. It dries in about 5-10 minutes.

You might want to play around with different types of fake blood to see that it isn't sticky after it dries.

I talk about how I found this money in a wallet that had belonged to a murder victim. I know I should have turned it in, but I didn't. The money is cursed, and every time I go to spend it...well, you know what happens.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Great thinking! Smile
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Nice pushing of the trick's "envelope". Good job.
smoke.mirrors
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of smoke.mirrors
Hey guyz,
Does anyone know where I can buy the Extreme gimmick by itself...?
My maid accidentally threw it away, thinking it was just magazine clips - without looking at the other side. -.-
Please! Someone help me with this! I miss this effect. hehe..
Thanks, guyz.
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17197 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
Nice try, but don't expect it to work. Secrets aren't revealed on the forum, and with just a few posts, most are not likely to reply to you in earnest.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
jimhlou
View Profile
Inner circle
3629 Posts

Profile of jimhlou
Go to the hardware store.

Jim
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
You can buy extras at http://www.sandersfx.com
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Richard sells three extra Extreme Burn gimmicks for $20.
http://www.sandersfx.com/accessories.html
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2008-10-02 17:21, Spiderxi wrote:
It's the best £20 I have spent!
Yeah, what do you use for blood? Because that's a really cool effect!
Spider

I learned recently that some of the best blood you can produce is made with clear Karo syrup and red food coloring. It sets up great, and retains a "wet" look, even though it is dry. It looks awesome!
Sammy J. Teague
The Wizards Machine
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

To those who are inquiring about EB secrets and methods; please don't even ask. Buy the DVD for yourself, it's worth every dollar......... wait a sec... every 20 dollars.......nope single dollars.
magicman812
View Profile
Regular user
121 Posts

Profile of magicman812
If you have Heiny 500, is it worth also buying this? I think Heiny 500 is great but everyone seems to love Extreme Burn.
h_A_Z
View Profile
Special user
Ireland/Msia
701 Posts

Profile of h_A_Z
Extreme Burn IMHO beats Hundy 500 and Slow Burn hands down. Cannot compare it to Heiny 500 cause I don't have them
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Another good Halloween ending effect will be printed bills with monster faces in the center.
itsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
middle earth
1073 Posts

Profile of itsmagic
Heiny 500 seems more visual and magical than Extreme Burn. I have Heiny 500, but not EB. So if someone has both, can you please comment.

Check out Youtube videos of HEINY 500.
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I've been using Hundy 500 for the past two years, and have made several sets during that time. Now it's time to make a new one. However, I love the look of EB as well (I've got the dvd). Since I've got a nice routine for Hundy, I'm debating whether I should stay with Hundy or make a EB set. The one plus for EB for me is that I can use our Canadian currency, whereas I was stuck with the American currency for Hundy.

On another plus side, with our Canadian dollar the way it is right now, I'll even have a few extra dollars left over when I cash in my American Hundy. Smile

Oh, the dilemmas we face!

Brian
Brian Lehr
View Profile
Inner circle
Edmonton, Canada
1600 Posts

Profile of Brian Lehr
I've decided to go with EB to see how it works in Canadian money.

I had an interesting experience when taking my old Hundy bills to the bank to exchange them. Because I had been using the set for so long, the outer $100 bill had become so thin along the crease that it tore almost in half when I was removing the glue.

I put some tape on the top half that had torn, and took the money to the bank to exchange them. Bank wouldn't exchange it, saying because it was torn it was no longer usable. I thought she was kidding at first, because I've exchanged such money several times in the past. But she wasn't kidding. I said, "Look, both sides are here; all serials match; and only the top half of the bill was torn, not the whole thing."

Didn't matter to her. She said the bank couldn't accept the money in such condition!

So what am I supposed to do -- take a hundred dollar bill and tear it up and throw it in the garbage? That's just nuts!

So I went to an ATM machine for another one of my banks (I use two for different purposes), and deposited the money into my account, along with the other money from Hundy. Now I'll wait and see if my bank will deduct $100 from my account.

Anyone else experience this with torn money?

Brian
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Just learned Extreme Burn, and I gotta say the effect is: (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL