The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny lines for Bill to lemon! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Hi,

I don't know if there was a post of this previously, this is all I was able to find:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......forum=24

So - What great funny lines do you have for a bill to lemon routine?

If each Magi here will only give one or two, I'm sure the amount that'll be gathered will benefit all of us.

I'll start:

The line I found funniest: After the bill disappeares/changes: "Did you give me a 100$ bill?" ; "Yes" ; "Thanks!"

Also found this to be pretty good: When handing back the bill: "Not only that you're getting back your bill, but you're also getting with it vitamins A and C!"

Come on guys, what do you have?
Ian Keable
View Profile
New user
London, England
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Keable
I've been doing the Bill in Lemon for more years than I can remember; and have built up a collection of lines which work for me during the course of my routine. However I don't actually use any 'funny lines' as such when cutting open the lemon and showing the bill inside.

According to Dai Vernon, Email Jarrow used to say, as he cut open the lemon, something to the effect: 'Why's a lemon like a synagogue? Because there's juice (jews) coming out'. Apparently Jarrow dropped the gag because it lessened the impact of the magic (my own theory is that he dropped the gag because it wasn't very funny!). But the principle is important. At the moment of great magic you don't want too much laughter.

Having said that, Billy McComb gave me a line, which I sometimes use in front of some audiences. When displaying the bill inside the lemon to the person who lent the money and asking him to remove it, I say: "Don't worry, it's not a joint!"
Ian Keable
Author of Stand-Up, A Professional Guide to Comedy Magic
Available for sale at http://www.iankeable.co.uk
Ken Dumm
View Profile
Inner circle
1195 Posts

Profile of Ken Dumm
After I make the bill vanish, I'll ask someone in the audience "Mary, did you see that okay?", no matter what she says I'll respond, "No?", then to the person who loaned the bill, "Bob, I need another $20 (whatever denomination he loaned), Mary wants to see that trick again..."

Usually gets a good laugh...

Ken
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
Good stuff. Another funny line is to wait till someone laughs in the audience. look at them.. pause and then say, "Yeah your laughing now. Just remember, this could have been YOUR 20 dollars."

I also like to deliver this line after their bill gets destroyed, vanished or burnt.

"well Mike I have some good news and some bad news for ya bud. The bad news is your 20 bucks is toast.. literally. The good news? Oh I just saved a lot of money by switching to GEICO!?"

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Ian Keable
View Profile
New user
London, England
16 Posts

Profile of Ian Keable
For those who leave a corner of the bill with the spectator - and having seen the remainder of his bill disappear - a good line again was given to me by Billy McComb. "If you don't see the bill again, take the corner down to your bank manager and he will tell you what to do with it!" Apparently Ricki Dunn just used to say - "That's the only piece you're gonna get tonight!"
Ian Keable
Author of Stand-Up, A Professional Guide to Comedy Magic
Available for sale at http://www.iankeable.co.uk
spatrick
View Profile
Special user
Tom Sawyer let me whitewash these
515 Posts

Profile of spatrick
Not only is the bill inside it is also now cleaned with the fresh scent of lemon.

S. Patrick
Eric Lott
View Profile
New user
Michigan
85 Posts

Profile of Eric Lott
I saw Warren Gibson (http://warrenandannabelles.com/) perform it at his show in Maui. He borrowed a $100 bill. As he referred to the bill throughout the trick after it had been vanished, he kept lowering the denomination. "Don't worry, George, you'll get your $50 back." "Nancy, now you're going to help me find George's $20." Eventually he did a coin trick and offered George some change.

It was a running joke throughout the routine that got a lot of laughs.
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
Great until now!

Here's another one: At some stage between borrowing the bill and changing\vanishing it you say a line involving the words 'Thanks to the person who donated this 100$ bill' (*donated*).

New contributors, what have you got?
cheaptrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Wilmington, Delaware
251 Posts

Profile of cheaptrick
I offer the lemon as a "consolation prize" (so the spec won't go home empty handed. At least he has SOMETHING for his twenty.)

BUT, there is a problem. I got a letter from the DEPARTMENT OF AGRICULTURE the other day. They said they were having problems with foreign objects imbedded in this years lemon crop and I can't let the lemon leave the building without thououghly examining it.

Of course this destroys the lemon but the law is the law .........

:magicrabbit:
"Pick any card. NOT that one!!!"
Martijn van Berkel
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Martijn van Berkel
When signing the bill: " I always ask people to sign the bill, so I know when I'm at home who gave it to me"
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24098 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Ending lines:

"I never knew money could be so sour."

"You lucky I did not use a onion, or you would really be in tears."
Big Daddy Cool
View Profile
Inner circle
The Houdini Room at The Casa de Cool
1596 Posts

Profile of Big Daddy Cool
BDC says as the bill is being signed "I'd do that myself, 'cept I don't wanna go ta prison..."
Swing hard, swing often, and we'll catch ya on the Flip-Side!
John Pyka
www.johnpyka.com
simchamagic
View Profile
Regular user
190 Posts

Profile of simchamagic
BDC - That's great!
Cabrera
View Profile
Special user
Seattle
513 Posts

Profile of Cabrera
One of my pet lines....." If life deals you a lemon...pull out a $100.00 bill!" or twenty etc.
"The quilt of life is woven with many different threads"
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1021 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
I do a lot of shows and 90% are for adults. So here's one for you can use. As you are getting ready to burn the bill I start rolling it and look at my helping any say, "When's the last time you rolled somthing up and lit it up?" Again, you can only use this for that right ocassions. And everyone can not pull it off. But, I think its funny.
The Awesome One
View Profile
Regular user
Gold Coast, Australia
174 Posts

Profile of The Awesome One
I've always liked Amazing Jonothan's performance of this. Some of the lines are great. Need to be the right kind of performer to pull it off.
Win if you can, lose if you must, but always cheat.
DavidLynn
View Profile
New user
Rural Victoria, Aus-(Oz)-tralia
43 Posts

Profile of DavidLynn
If the note has a human face on it. "my word, I knew there is magic in lemon juice but I didn't think it would put such a sour face on ...<name of person on note>..."
nathanallen
View Profile
Special user
Des Moines, Iowa, USA
522 Posts

Profile of nathanallen
Quote:
On 2008-09-28 08:56, Ian Keable wrote:
When displaying the bill inside the lemon to the person who lent the money and asking him to remove it, I say: "Don't worry, it's not a joint!"

...I wonder if, instead of verbalizing "joint", you just see the rolled up bill, get immediately happy and excited as you grab the rolled up bill from the fruit yourself (fairly and openly of course, to avoid suspicion), and brought it up to your lips and tried to inhale. Then look at it, smile disappears, and all disappointed-like, say, "Oh. Nevermind." And then hand it to the volunteer.

This way the audience is making the connection in their own mind, instead of having you spell it out for them. I think they'll laugh harder. Give it a shot once, just to see how it plays.
Nathan Allen, The Maniac of Magic
www.maniacofmagic.com

To buy a prop is nothing.
To write a good routine is something.
To really entertain an audience is everything.
georgecoolla
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of georgecoolla
BaireFoot, thanks for sharing. I like your line!
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
After recieving the $100 bill, every a time I refer to it in the routine I use a deminished number,
The 50 you loaned my, the Twenty and finally when the bill is cut out of the lemon it is down to a $5 bill. Always gets great laughs if delivered as if you are actually making a mistake. Remember acting is the key.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Now that’s funny! » » Funny lines for Bill to lemon! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL