The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » The magic worm pitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
So I'm working a Fall street fair this past weekend, doing the Magic Worm pitch (along with the Svengali Pitch). I usually wind up the worm pitch by saying "and this is a great magic pet for children who are at least six years old."

Then a little tyke standing right up front with his mother says "Well, I'm only five years old, but I'm a very smart five, can I still buy one?" Everybody laughed and I said "I'll bet you are, but I'll let your Mom make that decision." Of course she bought one!

If I had thought of it, I would have asked the little fellow to stick around and repeat that line for a few more performances! What a great shill he would have been! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
DonDriver
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of DonDriver
The word in the pitch business is not shill but "stick".

Great story Seth.

Don
sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
Thanks, Don, I stand corrected!

I do remember hearing the phrase "stick the joint," but wasn't sure what it meant; now I know! I believe "shills" are used in gambling (mostly at baccarat) and maybe in auction houses -- what other situations, Don? SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » The magic worm pitch (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL