The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » The "Secret" Project (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..20~21~22 [Next]
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
4811 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
chrusa said; "Is SECRET an acronym?"

The answer is NO.

:smoke:
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On 2008-10-19 10:24, Steve Brooks wrote:
chrusa said; "Is SECRET an acronym?"

The answer is no.

:smoke:

Hmmm Smile

This is becoming interesting.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
4811 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
The Mighty Fool said; "Does the name of the uh thingy begin with an 'E'? That's what the puzzle piece looks like"

Could be...but then again... Smile
paymerich
View Profile
Special user
Norwalk, CT
546 Posts

Profile of paymerich
OK no offense but what are we getting excited for?? A new effect from the guy who made Rainmaker ?? That had to have been the single biggest piece of magic crap I ever saw and used.
Have a Magical Day!
<BR>
<BR>The Maniacal Mage
<BR>
<BR>Pablo Aymerich
<BR>Norwalk, CT 06851
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
4811 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
paymerich said; "OK no offense but what are we getting excited for?? A new effect from the guy who made Rainmaker ?? That had to have been the single biggest piece of magic crap I ever saw and used"

No offense to you paymerich, but I find it very odd that your posts in this topic are very negative - especially given the fact that you have absolutely no idea what the SECRET project is about. For all you know we may be opening a museum dedicated to magic or perhaps we are about to announce the dates for a convention or...I think you get the point.

Assuming that the SECRET project has something to do with an effect created by Peter is very presumptuous on your part - there are several individuals involved with the SECRET project. We are all having fun here, if playing the game is something that does not interest you we certainly have a slew of other forums on the Café to choose from.

Finally, in regards to your comments regarding Peter Loughran's effect RAINMAKER, I'm sorry to hear it did not suit your style of magic. As I said in my review HERE I got great reactions and still do. As with all magic not everything works for everybody. That aside, that is not the subject of this discussion. If you have comments on one of Peter's creations, please feel free to make such comments in the appropriate review area. Smile
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
So we have the SECRET (not an acronym) Project which is "What the magic world has dreamed about for half a century..."

This is a project brought to us by:

J = Jason Palter
Interests: Most things magical, acting, voice-over and Star Wars

Viewing the website seems to be mainly mentalism possible clue there

(We Can Eliminate Star Wars having to do with the effect as Star Wars hasnt been out for 50 Years)

Jason Palters wbesite displays the following links there is a potential clue
http://www.masterofillusions.ca (No clues here we know Peter is involved)
http://www.snowtroopers.ca (Star Wars Website)
http://www.theactor.net ( A voice over talent)
http://www.starwars.com (Not 50 years old no clue)
http://www.flashlightdesign.com (A NEW Website not designed, Could THIS have something to do with the secret project?)

P = Peter Loughran
Interests: Thrills, Hauntedhouse attractions, The Dallas Cowboys and their cheerleaders!

Viewing the website seems to be mainly illusions with tones of original ideas for other kinds of effects possible clue there

S = Steve Brooks Occupation: Producer / Publisher / Magician Interests: Magic, Graphic Arts, Music, Computers, Film, History & Theater From California Website: http://www.themagicbakery.com/

IT must be good because of the advertising strategy and there was an advertisement in MAGIC magazine.

Steve Brook Replied:
A box? Hmmmm...

Could the effect have to do with a box of some sort?

This is what it is NOT according to Tim Trono who knows:
or some levitation, pipe dream, etc. \

Al Straker said:
OK I got it now... the "Kamikaze Escapologists Do It Yourself Explosives Kit".
Steve Brooks Replied:
Sorry Al Straker - close, but no cigar.
Was Steve Brooks being serious or sarcastic?

DVLKCC said;
"I imagine the "secret project" is another online magic store or they are upgrading the forum"

Steve Brooks:
Wrong answer - sorry.
Although, if you scroll down your Café screen you will see a NEW (yet to be announced) category which contains two (2) yet to be announced forums. That new addition DOES have something to do with the SECRET project but is NOT the project proper. The new category / forums were posted the same day the banner went up and the first private message was sent out to our Café community.

This Secret projects is not just getting one forum but 2 goes to further show hoiw this would probably be more than ONE item!

Special assistant Mya wrote:
I haven't been around for awhile, I've been on "special assignment" But I saw this thread and thought hmmm I guess I could let you all in on The "secret project" but then I thought hmm I wonder what it would be worth to everyone.....
Any takers?????
Mya

Who is this Mya? Her and Tim Trono are 2 other people who know what the project is!
It is Coming: March 2009

I am lead to belivee this is more than one item or a series or items. Reason being is the website name. JPSMagic.com/ It is a collaboration between 3 individuals and it is not a website name such as http://www.theperfectlevitation.com which is one item. If it was one item the URL would be named after this one item to make it memorable. It sounds like it might even be a new shop of some sort?

Heres some famous Magicians Birth and deaths from 50 years ago might help

LePaul, Paul (1900-1958) (birthday August 2)
American magician (real name Paul Braden) who is considered by some to have been the greatest stage card manipulator in magic history.

Gabriel, Joseph (b. 1958)
American magician (real name Joseph Gabriel Wierzbicki) who gained fame with his beautiful and startling dove act which concluded with the production of two giant macaws. He was first noted as the illustrator for a number of magic books.

Jim Steinmeyer (born 1 November 1958) is an internationally respected designer of magical illusions and theatrical special effects. His best known illusions include Origami, Interlude, and Walking Through a Mirror. He is also an author, consultant and producer.[1][2]

in 1958 the following happened

Mark Wilson proved that magic works on TV
Mark Wilson
Mark Wilson
When Mark Wilson tried to get a magic series for children on national television in 1958, people told him that magic "won't work on TV." But he never gave up. He found his own sponsor in Kellogg's. "The Magic Land of Allakazam" first aired in 1960; the first sponsored magic series on American TV.

Wilson believed that magic needed three things to work on TV:

• Always have a live audience

• Never have the camera cut away during a trick.

• Let viewers know that they see exactly what the studio audience sees.

The magic of Mark Wilson and Nani Darnell inspired quite a few youngsters to become magicians when they grew up.

ALSO in 1958 the Move The MAgician was out

Here are some BOOKS from 1958

Severn, Bill Magic and Magicians 1958

The Great Houdini, 1958, 8th printing

The Magician's Handbook, 1958, Yoseloff
This is the 1958 "new edition" of Robert Parrish's book, The Magician's Handbook. This 240 page hardbound book is complete with original dustjacket and is a complete guide to the art of beginning magic. Twenty chapters of easy to learn magic from close up to stage magic, tricks you can make, and essays on how to be a better magician.

This is Magic: Secrets of the Conjuror's Craft
By Will Dexter. Citadel, 1958. This is one of the most charming books about magic I have ever seen. In a friendly, chatty style, Dexter tells a series of stories about magic, including chapters on The Legend of Houdini, The Trick that Never Was (the Indian Rope Trick), and one called Up in the Middle of the Air about the illusion of flight.

Could it be a REAL version of the Indian Rope Trick?????? That is probably one of the biggest MYTHS in Magic?

What would be BIGGER than that? These is a MASTER OF ILLUSIONS involved in JPS Magic
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Go to Google Type in Indian Rope Trick 1958!!!!
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5584 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Hi Chrusa,

WOW, I'm impressed & so would the others. Smile

I must say you're applying your MIND very logically. You seem to be slowly but steadily moving towards the SECRET.

Wish you good luck!

Kind regards,

Narendra

Smile
P.S. We too have our THINKING CAPS on. Smile Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4069 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
Quote:
On 2008-10-17 19:16, Irishghost wrote:
Is it something these 3 men have in common?

Yes, all 3 are fantastic dancers!

Mike
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
4811 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
chrusa said; "Al Straker said:
OK I got it now... the "Kamikaze Escapologists Do It Yourself Explosives Kit".
Steve Brooks Replied:
Sorry Al Straker - close, but no cigar. Was Steve Brooks being serious or sarcastic?
"

The answer would be sarcastic. Smile
Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
4811 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
chrusa said; "Could it be a REAL version of the Indian Rope Trick?"

The answer is NO. Smile

However, the SECOND piece (Clue) of the puzzle has now been revealed: Click Here or see the November 2008 issue of MAGIC magazine! Smile
Mark McDermott
View Profile
Regular user
Union Mills, IN
111 Posts

Profile of Mark McDermott
Is it a secret project with Ellusionist having to do with a cell phone?

Mark
Paul Romhany
View Profile
V.I.P.
New Zealand
798 Posts

Profile of Paul Romhany
Could possibly be some type of Zombie - although it's been 60 years since Joe Karson invented the Ghostly Sphere. However I don't think the magic world has been waiting 50 years for somebody to modify this because Tommy Wonder took this to a new level.
"life is like a movie ... you write your own ending" - Kermit the Frog

http://extrememagicmakeover.com

http://www.paulromhany.com
chrusa
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
736 Posts

Profile of chrusa
Mr Brooks, I love the whole idea of the game and am so happy that you have been playing along - I have a question...

If someone guesses right will you let them know as you did Mr. Trono or not, because it might spoil the suprise?

The puzzle idea is neat but the new piece doesn't tell us anything!

What magicians have dreamed about for 50 years (Ok, so I know it is a dream and something really big and good)

The next piece says "Soon the dream will become a reality" Well we knew that because it said coming March of 2009 with the first pzzle piece. So in that case, because we already knew that soon the dream will become a reality I am asking if you would mind posting a third piece to the puzzle on JPSMagic.com?

I know the answer will be no, but I always thought there is never any harm in asking because you miss one hundred percent of the shots you never take!
Thanks,
<BR>
<BR>Chris Hrusa
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Jimmy Hoffa appears in a beer bottle with with the spectators signed quarter in his mouth?

Nah....that's an old trick and I no longer do it anymore as most of the younger people don't have a clue who he is so the reaction went way down.

Ya got me....I'm lost. Never was all that good with puzzles.
Guess I'll just have to wait for the Ides of March.

~gaffed~
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Steve James
View Profile
Veteran user
333 Posts

Profile of Steve James
Its sure to be a huge let down after all this hype.
Anthony Black
View Profile
Special user
Tamworth - Albion
851 Posts

Profile of Anthony Black
It is a genetically modified monkey, whose genes have been spliced with Banachek, Corinda and Chan Canasta. He is the Ultimate Mentalist and his name is Egbert.
You can buy a clone of him for £6,000!!

Am I correct Steve, please tell me I am. I really want an Egbert!!
James Alan
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Ontario
677 Posts

Profile of James Alan
I'm confused... the last clue was in an email titled REVELATION. And yes, we did have to wait over 50 years for REVELATION, but Mike Caveney's Magic Words delivered it months ago...
James Alan

Magic & Martini | Blog | Facebook
Tom G
View Profile
Inner circle
2618 Posts

Profile of Tom G
How 'bout a simple clue???? Close-up, mental, stage, illusion???
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
Is it a Tazer wand for Birthday Parties?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo Elite » » The "Secret" Project (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..20~21~22 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.3 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL