The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Rice Papers (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Hi everybody,

As mentioned during the discussions under the Chef's Special for September, The Rice Papers are now available.

Thanks for your support!

Homer
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Thanks Homer!
I just made my purchase...
magiclee71
View Profile
Loyal user
215 Posts

Profile of magiclee71
Thanks Homer. My order is in as well.
gmmagic124
View Profile
Special user
751 Posts

Profile of gmmagic124
Thank you Thank you Thank you.
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Nevermind...fixed it. Got my order in!
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Thank you! Let me know what you think and maybe I'll have a chance to put some of those effects on a DVD someday. If anyone needs any help with the routines, just drop me a message on my website.

Thanks,

Homer
mesmer
View Profile
Inner circle
1186 Posts

Profile of mesmer
What's the Effect?....sorry Im lost.....any link please?
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
JTW
View Profile
Special user
Florida
670 Posts

Profile of JTW
I'll attest that these are great routines...I saw Body Contact and Marksmanship up close and personal, as they say, back in the day at Illusions. You guys will love them!

Homer, I want to see the opener for your stand-up on DVD...it had something to do with some food caught in your teeth do you remember? As Tom Frank would say, SWEEEEET!...

Ciao for now!
JW
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Hey Homer, is "Markmanship" the origin of your Swiss Army Pen routine that's floating around on youtube somewhere?
Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Yes. There are many variations on that sequence, and the one on Youtube was an impromptu version of that. I have a streamlined version of the routine which I performed at Magic Live! last year in Las Vegas.

Homer
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Ah...my friend told me about it. The iPen right?
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I showed my support and group orders I received from local Homer fans and sent to you last week on the release of the Rice Papers lecture notes.

Thanks for your release on these underground materials and allow me to say again your pursuit in perfection in magic, and magic products production set a role model for us to follow, not to mention the top notch production standard some people should be aware of - how lack of self awareness their so called products look so crappy without detailed thought before come to a release conclusion.

Homer, many thanks again.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
Just received the notes today. Great stuff! I'm excited to practice Markmanship. Can't really write a thorough review right now because I'm in class, but if you're wondering about the instruction and teaching, it's similar to TOOC (even with the return of the faceless man!).
fridoliina89
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of fridoliina89
Whats the difference between the pen routine Homer does on the video on youtube and this one in the notes?
solareflipz
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Fl
308 Posts

Profile of solareflipz
He doesn't produce the cellphone at the end. Instead he turns the regular sharpie into a jumbo sharpie.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2008-10-06 19:21, solareflipz wrote:
He doesn't produce the cellphone at the end. Instead he turns the regular sharpie into a jumbo sharpie.

Then I need to find a jumbo sharpie, which is not available in the city where I live now...
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

Homer Liwag
View Profile
V.I.P.
223 Posts

Profile of Homer Liwag
Use anything you want at the end.... turn the sharpie into a pair of chopsticks... I have!

Homer
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2008-10-09 00:53, Homer Liwag wrote:
Use anything you want at the end.... turn the sharpie into a pair of chopsticks... I have!

Homer

A pair of chopsticks is definitely a good idea, when it comes during you wearing clothes in dark color while chopsticks are white (ivory color in most cases.) Most restaurants for noodles will even have chopsticks in orange color too. (My memory flash magic magazine interview where Homer produced a lobster tail at the back of a spectator, that's hilarious...)

Just received the lecture notes, the production value is the highest as always follow traditional HAL production¡¦s quality standard. The Contact lens routine is already worth the price of the lecture notes alone and it is another classic to show timing and misdirection! ( You do not even need spilt of second gap to make that misdirection moment, the trick is build in enough time to amaze the audience.)

Buy this lecture notes if you are serious to close up magic and DO NOT let your magicians friends know ¡K they will be killed by three routines in this lecture notes.

Chad Sanborn
View Profile
Inner circle
my fingers hurt from typing,
2205 Posts

Profile of Chad Sanborn
I was at Magic Live and watched him perform that routine! It's a Killer!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Rice Papers (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL