We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reel magic # 7 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Its now avaiable and being shipped!

koz
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Can't wait for mine to come!
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
TKO MAGIC
View Profile
Regular user
130 Posts

Profile of TKO MAGIC
I can't believe how great of a dvd this is.
Koz, you're out doing yourself every issue.

Todd
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Has anyone seen the issue yet...we added some stuff and wondered what you think?

koz
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Haven't gotten it yet. . . waiting on baited breath, though.
What would Wavy do?
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Still waiting as well, hopefully I'll see mine over the weekend.
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
They are all shipped! no worries

koz
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Oh, I'm not worried, good things take time.
What would Wavy do?
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5389 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
Received mine this afternoon. I'm headed off to watch it now... Smile

Thanks Koz!
magicsantana
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of magicsantana
It was well done as aways, liked the move monkeys. the interview with Mac king seemed to be the stander interview that he gives. Not bad but just not differant. As always love simon and of cause david regal ect...
Alan Rorrison
View Profile
V.I.P.
2477 Posts

Profile of Alan Rorrison
Im on there woohoo lol
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Kind of curious how you guys feel about the move monkeys segment?
koz
amprice99
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of amprice99
Still waiting on mine. I hope it comes soon.
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
Just watched David Regal's reviews, Simon Lovell's tour of the dealer room at the IBM / SAM convention in Louisville, and the Mac King interview. This is definitely the best bargain in magic.

Robert
clamon86
View Profile
Special user
508 Posts

Profile of clamon86
I thought it was a good dvd, and they are all, just because there is so much on them. Nicely produced as well.

The move monkey's section was an interesting addition. I had mixed feelings about it. On one hand at the convention at the opportunity to meet all those magicians, and they were nice and did cool stuff.

On the other hand, what is the purpose of that section? The card around fan flourish production thing was cool, but I didn't really see the point to it. It was flashy, but it was obvious the card was coming from the bottom.
The charlie miller control, as it was credited is done well, but its already in print and on dvd(hit the road by lee asher). So it seems strange to display moves that are already fairly known around most intermediate level card magicians.
finally, the coin item, which was also cool, but sounds like a pitch for a flipper coin

Most young magicians now are criticized for having great card technique and learning quickly and presentationally weaker. In addition many young magicians get into the buck twins stuff, crazy card manipulation, often called "juggling" by the older pros, and more experience performers, who often times but them in a negative light as not entertaining.

I think the purpose of the other sections are much more obvious, which is why they are good.

So is supposed to bring light to younger magicians? Show new and creative moves? or stuff that's already been publishes and done before.

Just some thoughts, hope this helps.
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5374 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
The purpose is to get some guys some stuff they might not have seen....not everyone knows everything...so this section is another learning tool that someone might use to ad to their magic..the flourish with the card under the fan is something that guys would lie because they like those ind of things...you're not a fan of the buck twins and to be honest I'm not either...well a fan of what they do..butlet me tell you, there are plenty of guys out there that like that stuff so maybe this section isn't your fvorite but I hopefully there will be some coming up that you will like

in addition we thought it might be a nice segway or transition from one section to another...we are not so high on having a lot of commercials in the magazine...when we took a look at issue 3 of the magazine we didn't like how it looked and felt...too many commercials so we have backed off on those which creatd more space on the disc so we are adding additional segments and move monkeys is one of them.

we are working hard to find more original material that we can put in the magazine...and as we progress and continue on this journey to make the publication better we think that will happen....

I apreciate your comments and if you or anyone have any suggestion as to how we an make this better for you let us know

koz
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Great stuff! I spent the evening watching it last night. Garret Thomas's column is my favorite, but the whole thing was great. I liked the move monkeys section. It's moves. Of course, they aren't entertaining in and of themselves. The magic is putting them into routines.
What would Wavy do?
Titanas
View Profile
V.I.P.
1974 Posts

Profile of Titanas
The fight between Simon and Peter was hilarious! I am still laughing.
LOL
Product Developer @ Murphys Magic Supplies
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
Got mine today, watched most of it, and it was fantastic. Mac King was hilarious, as well was Simon Lovell. David's reviews were great as usual. I did, however, feel that Wayne was uncomfortable on camera, but that's a minor point. Garett Thomas and John Armstrong were also fantastic, I especially liked the switch Garett presented. The Move Monkeys section was fair, some of the moves will definitely fit other people's styles more than others. All in all, it was a great issue. Can't wait for Williamson.

Also just a quick note, Dan and Dave are now selling the Cascade Control as an instant download for $5. Think about this, for $10 you are getting a TWO HOUR DVD with some of the biggest names in magic, compared to 20 minutes of instruction for $5. I think I know which is a better deal...
Phone Phreak is here!
Watch the Trailer!
www.JeffPrace.com
Catch me on Instagram
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1785 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
I have enjoyed every issue. I also agree that this is one of the greatest values out there. In issue #7 Garret Thomas explained the best coin switch I have ever seen for pen through quarter. I will use it! Imagine watching a TV show that is specifically for magicians. I love it!
Sammy J. Teague
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Reel magic # 7 (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL