The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit TX dilemma (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Dan, apart from cassette tapes what does this affect. Some mobile phones have built in recorders, will it work on them. What exactly will it do outside or in an empty room or space if you don't have a cassette
cheerz
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
You can record not only to analogue cassette but also digital formats such as hard disk, DAT, mini disc etc. just as long as the recording device is connected to an FM receiver.

I use the cassette as the main example because most cassette decks have an integral FM radio, radio/cassette players are inexpensive and almost everyone will have one lying around the house.

Providing you can record from an FM source you can use any recording medium.

Also, just in case anyone is wondering - DAB radios will not work with Spirit TX.

The whole point of EVP is that it is recorded. If you don't have the ability to record you won't get any EVP - simple!

There are variations in the manual though that allows you to create the sound of spirits rapping on tables, poltergeist activity etc. You do not need a recording device for this.

I hope this helps!

Regards

Dan
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3777 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Thanks Dan, sounds good and a fair price for the knowledge
cheerz
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
All:

I was one of those chosen for the task of proofing and adding comments to the document last weekend. All I can say is WOW!!! This is REALLY good. The document was only around 42 pages when I first saw it and now it is a whopping 81 pages. This is all due to the attention to detail Dan has. Every step required to create and use SpiritTX is provided and the routines included are well thought-out. For those of you who want to add another dimension to your existing seances, or spirit theater, or you just want to do the EVP work as a stand-alone routine, this is highly recommended. This is also not a pipe dream. This is the real deal (as they say).

You will have to purchase the "items" used (if you don't own them already) and do some minor work and/or modifications to accomplish the effect ... but many of you will already have most of these pieces AND they are not magic-related. I think anyone can do the necessary work to tailor this to your own liking, but you really can just use some of what Dan provides with the package right out of the box (provided you have the necessary items).

I will definitely be using this bad-boy.

Dan, thanks for putting out this labor of love!

Nuff said. I'm at work, it's Friday and I'm going home (not responsible for typos as I' tired). I just wanted to give Dan the "shout out" he deserves and let you know this is a winner ... although I hope not everyone buys it.

Magickally,

Dave Birtwell
constantin
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of constantin
What would the additional materials cost that you need to buy for the effect, assuming one has to buy everything? And do I need special tools to build it? Like soldering iron and stuff like that?

greets
CinChiller
View Profile
Elite user
Germany
404 Posts

Profile of CinChiller
Sounds interesting. I hope it´s not the same technical concept I´m working at.
Although Dan wrote that the effect only works if you record the voices, because you can just hear them on the tape after the recording and not during the transmission. In my version it doesn´t matter if you record it, you can hear the voices all the time. Anyway, Dan I will PM you.
The Gaff Book Collection - the right tool for your booktest.
Music for mentalism and psychic entertainment.
Visit: http://stores.lulu.com/dankworth01
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I was a lucky "crash test" pilot...

This is GREAT stuff....

And yes CinChiller, it can be used in ways to hear during the seance or after the seance via tape.... and I have worked out some ways so that you can actually let specs ask random questions during the seance and (I prefer post-seance hearing on recorded media) the questions being answered in a spectral male, female, age appropriate tone that fits with the sitter's chosen spirit that was asked the question...

Hee hee.... (it isn't that hard to figure out when you think about it)...

Dan is a scholar and a gent and my only irritation is I wish I had thought about getting us to pay him not to release it to the general market Smile

It is pretty simple to do with the right equip - and its just in time for my big seance next week too...

Bravo Dan - yet again, a spectacular product from LC!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
wolftotem
View Profile
New user
Finland
13 Posts

Profile of wolftotem
Will the poltergeist activity include moving objects or only noise? Although the idea that one can record EVPs, which aren't heard while they are recorded, sounds really good... For example having a seance and let the audience have recorders on during it. Not only they will be impressed by the seance but they will have something to play for their friends afterwards.
LebanonCircle
View Profile
Special user
London, UK
908 Posts

Profile of LebanonCircle
Hi wolftotem

The poltergeist activity is noise only although there is nothing to stop you combining Spirit TX with another effect to achieve moving objects and noise!

---------------------------------------------------------

Hi Dr Spektor

Glad you like it Bruce! Let me know how you get on!

--------------------------------------------------------

and finally Hi Cinchiller!

Thanks for the pm! Yes, it does sound that what you've been developing is similar to Spirit TX but the big difference is that with TX the EVP appears on all recordings straight after the seance without any post processing or manipulation. The EVP just appears even though the output of the radio is monitored at all times.

As Dr Spektor pointed out, TX can be performed using the same method you mention but after quite a few years of research I discovered that most of the audience just assume you are using an accomplice with a microphone or a pre-recording. Due to this problem I've revised and changed this method numerous times hence TX took a few years to develop. I can guarantee that nobody will figure out how the EVP appears on the recordings although my final method is unbelievably simple!

Thanks all!

Regards

Dan
bcorrigan
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of bcorrigan
I have awaited Spirit TX for the two years it has been incubating, and it is everything Dan says it is. Yes, it is probably not for everyone (I personally hope it isn't for too many, in fact), but it is simplicity itself and Dan has done yeoman's service in making the 81-page manual clear, concise, complete and easily followed.

You will likely have to buy equipment to perform this effect. US prices (if you have none of the equipment to start with) will run around $85-$100 for the complete set up ($125 if you want to do the "advanced recording" performance). Before you gulp, though, compare that to the price of some book tests out there (where all you get is a lovely book).

Dan has priced Spirit TX most reasonably. You get a great deal more than instructions and marching orders. There are full (and I do mean full) tutorials for setting up a performance that will be unique to you, instructions on what to purchase and how to use the equipment, and (most generously) absolutely all of the software you'll need (it is MOST easy to use, too. If you can post a message on Magic Café you can probably do the downloads and programming Spirit TX requires). As a bonus, Dan has also done most (if not all) of the engineering work you'll probably ever need and bundled it with this ridiculously low price.

Honestly, Dan, splendid job. Now that I have mine, please triple the price. It would still be worth it, and I'm afraid as soon as it starts to be performed (and the magic community sees it) you'll be overrun with orders. For your sake, I hope so.

Do note, those interested in purchasing Spirit TX, it is an aural effect only. This replicates the SOUND of poltergeist activity, rapping, EVP, etc. It isn't going to make things fly about the room though it will likely convince your spectators (audience, to be more precise) that something is in the room with you. This one is a chiller, and I only hope it stays dark. I'd hate to see this become one of those 'playground effects' that every high school Houdini pulls on his friends.
DR STEVE HOSKINS
View Profile
Special user
North Wales, UK.
831 Posts

Profile of DR STEVE HOSKINS
Would it be allowed for some body with the time and skills to make one of these for me? I would love one of these in a complete and ready to go made up module.

Can anyone help?

Steve
constantin
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of constantin
Bcorrigan, thanks a lot for the information! sounds really interesting. I might be getting this as soon as I have some money again. -> I really don't understand ppl having fond memories of their student lives. my memory will be that I never had enough money for magic hehe

greets
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well I know this thread was laid to rest back in 08, but from another thread in the crypt inquiring about a dead rap, this effect was mentioned & grabbed my attention......I was wondering if anyone out there has this & uses it now.....? It sounds great & maybe needs to resurface......??!!
Snoogans
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of Snoogans
I just bought it and it's pretty neat, although I've not had a chance to really fiddle with it. In my opinion it's worth the 9lbs. If done correctly, this will seriously freak people out. I'm almost afraid to try it, it's so convincing!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Thank you for posting, at the price I've been tempted to buy & try it out as it sounds like it's pretty good....this was created back in 08 & this thread ends in 08, so I have been wondering since technology has advanced if it is still as usable since no one really uses tape player recorders now vs the newer digital recorders that are used now.......think I'll just bit the bullet & see, Dan's never let us down with his effects yet !!
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Well,is it current application From 2008 ?
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
This sounds really cool. I wonder if it would work on a cell phone video. It would be nice to record a part of the seance and then later watch the video and heard voices or noises.

Ray
Mind Guerrilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Queens, NY
2670 Posts

Profile of Mind Guerrilla
Is this still available? I can no longer find it on the Lebanon Circle site. Am I not looking in the right place?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:
Is this still available? I can no longer find it on the Lebanon Circle site. Am I not looking in the right place?

Was looking for this myself the other day but could not find it either, perhaps Dan decided to leave it off the new site offerings......?
Pasteboard Alchemist
View Profile
Special user
502 Posts

Profile of Pasteboard Alchemist
Quote:
On Jan 7, 2015, Mind Guerrilla wrote:

Same here, as well. Was just looking for it to no avail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirit TX dilemma (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL