The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Las Vegas unveils name of new mob museum (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Las Vegas unveils name of new mob museum

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26989882/

Bring me the head of Frank "Lefty" Rosenthal! Smile
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Doc Dixon
View Profile
Special user
Pennsylvania, USA
655 Posts

Profile of Doc Dixon
I loved this line from the story:

As city officials unveiled the plans, council members tossed around T-shirts that said: "There is no such thing as a mob museum nor have I ever been there."

DD
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Smile

Steve Forte was looking for a meseum to house his collection, maybe he could put it there, that would be cool to see all his things.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Unknown419
View Profile
Inner circle
1321 Posts

Profile of Unknown419
I don't think that would be possible Tommy being that a lot of his stuff was being sold on ebay just last week.

I bought an arm holdout but missed a gaffed dice collection because I was talking on the phone.

Doc
maturpia
View Profile
Regular user
Paradise City
142 Posts

Profile of maturpia
You're surely kidding Doc,right ?
Clock
View Profile
Elite user
Los Angeles, CA
460 Posts

Profile of Clock
Two things were sold on E-bay... the holdout and the small dice collection (if I'm not mistaken).

I have never seen that holdout in SF's collection... you sure it is, Doc?

Congrats on the win... a pretty piece.
Grant Carden

www.fastcompanydvd.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
There were a few more things. Sets of chips, some playing cards etc.

Who got the dice? I wanted those, but I screwed up and lost out.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
JasonEngland
View Profile
V.I.P.
Las Vegas, NV
1729 Posts

Profile of JasonEngland
The collection is in no immediate danger. What was being sold on eBay (at least at the moment) is just extra stuff that doesn't fit into the main collection very well.

Steve has sold stuff on eBay about once a year for many years now. But, for everything he's sold this past week he's bought 10 times that in the past year or so.

At this point it's housecleaning, nothing more.

Jason
Eternal damnation awaits anyone who questions God's unconditional love. --Bill Hicks
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Yeah, it didn't really look like a fire sale to me. Certainly he has much more, and much better stuff than what was on that particular auction.

Still, would you have him call me directly prior to placing items on E-bay from now on? lol! I don't collect a lot of stuff but I wanted those Mason and Co tops in the original wrappers.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
What ebay user name does SF use?
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Wouldn't you like to know. lol!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
My lame-a_s_s ebay gambling searches didn't even flag this sale.

I feel so left out.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
You wouldn't have been interested in this stuff, junk mostly. lol! I wouldn't worry about it.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
I've really got to get better at searching ebay.

Right now for my gambling search I get mostly "laser-etched frogs throwing dice nightlights", and professionaly-aged signs that say "Dinner in the front, Pok-er in the rear" with a picture of a girl in a short dress bending over.

Not quite the classic gambling stuff I'm looking to add to my collection Smile
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2008-10-08 12:57, silverking wrote:
and professionaly-aged signs that say "Dinner in the front, Pok-er in the rear" with a picture of a girl in a short dress bending over.

That is lame.

It's supposed to read "Liquor in the front, Poker in the rear". lol!
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
That's the kind of classy sign I could hang on my wall Vandy.

Next time you see one, please send me the link Smile
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Lol!

Guys, please no more requests for Mr. Fortes E-bay user name. That you are going to have to figure out for yourselves. I already lost one auction that I wanted to win. I don't need 300 people bidding on the same stuff all the time. If you can find it, or get it from someone else, God Bless Ya. But I'm not going to cut my own throat for you.

He's not selling anything right now anyway.
splice
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
1246 Posts

Profile of splice
What kind of dice and holdout were up? Just curious...
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
The dice were a small collection with some weight, edge work, and flats (I think). Along with a bunch of mispotted dice. That went pretty cheap, 93 bucks. I think it was worth it just for the four sets of tops that were in the original packaging.

Doc could tell you more about the holdout, I didn't really look at that. It was a ladder type hold out that wasn't in working condition. But I'm sure Doc can get it fixed up. I don't know what that went for, I didn't see the end of that auction and I don't know if Doc wants to tell what he paid for it anyway.

Other that that there were some various checks and sets of chips. Some Jerrys Nuggets, some Steamboats and a few other misc. items. Really the kinds of things that are nothing in a collection like Fortes but stuff that some smaller collectors might enjoy.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I think because I known as a bit of a joker and a BS'er people think I'm pulling their legs.

I'm not. If you don't believe me, believe Jason England. He has confirmed that Mr. Forte sometimes sells stuff on E-bay. Like most collectors.

Here is a pic, but not a direct link to the auction, for the dice set I mentioned above.

http://img123.imageshack.us/my.php?image=ebaydicerq8.jpg

I'm not trying to be a jag and tease people. If someone else wants to post his user name, that's fine. I just don't want to be the one.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Las Vegas unveils name of new mob museum (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL