The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » ? to cane, what do you use? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
I own a Fantasio appearing cane and I love performing it. I am looking for an alternative to using a silk all the time. I tried flash paper but that resulted in the cane catching fire and melting in my hand so I don't recommend you use that. What do you use?

Tom Smile ouch that cane is hot
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Rope
Balloon (260 uninflated)
Feather

To name just a few.
magician81
View Profile
Loyal user
singapore
293 Posts

Profile of magician81
Get Fantasio's My Cane & Candles book. It will add a new dimension to your cane routine.
never try, never know
Mike the Amazing
View Profile
New user
27 Posts

Profile of Mike the Amazing
I saw a torch for it once, if you want a fire effect. Don't recall the exact working, but it goes out the instant you appear the cane (metal one only - don't use a plastic one).
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
Yes Mike is right, there are torches that clip onto the release mechanism, and they do go out when the cane opens.

They are very inexpensive as well, around $10-£25 depending on the maker.

KEEP IN MIND YOU NEED A METAL APPEARING CANE FOR THIS!

Smile
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Thanks guys, any other ideas from anyone will be greatly appreciated!
Tom Smile
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I think Hocus Pocus has a new part to turn a fantasio cane into a dancing cane AND torch. Check it out probably under "fantasio".

Keith
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
The product you are referring to is 'The Ultimate Cane'.

You can view this item on this link:
http://www.masterofillusions.ca/ULT-CANE.htm
(it is Peter Loughran's site - the creator of Ultimate Cane)

As far as I am aware, this is a gimmick you attach to your regular Fantasio Cane (the routine is for a Vanishing Fantasio Cane but you can attach to an extended appearing cane to make it just a dancing fire cane [doesn't vanish at the end]). Peter Loughran is a member of the MagicCafé, and questions send him a PM.

Hope this helps,

-Kevin-
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Tom:

Here is idea that you might like:

1. Start with the cane separate from the silk. The cane is just hidden (palmed) in your hand. Show the silk, and then place over your hand (the hand holding the cane). Your hand is palm up, with the cane being vertical. The tip of the cane is against your palm, and your hand is sort of cupped. Release the cane, and it will shoot the silk up in the air, at the the same time as it appears. You're left holding the cane by its tip and you then catch the silk. I used to perform this years ago, and it always got lots of "ooohhs" and "aahhs".

Hope this helps you.

Ron Reid
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Thanks very much Ron. I'll be performing that method this Fri/Sat/Sun at a show I'm in so thank you very much, it's greatly appreciated.

Tom Smile
JamesinLA
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3400 Posts

Profile of JamesinLA
Here's a sequence by Jeff McBride. Walk on with a lit candle. The candle turns into a silk, and then the silk is stroked into a cane.
Jim
Oh, my friend we're older but no wiser, for in our hearts the dreams are still the same...
zombieboy
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut, USA
889 Posts

Profile of zombieboy
I use a 260 balloon. I tie the inflated balloon to the cane, and when the can opens, the balloon is popped, so it adds an element of sound to the routine.
Symmatrix
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of Symmatrix
Quote:
On 2003-05-10 21:54, zombieboy wrote:
I use a 260 balloon. I tie the inflated balloon to the cane, and when the can opens, the balloon is popped, so it adds an element of sound to the routine.

Nice idea Zombieboy.

I love the idea.

Symmatrix Smile

For me I will put or try anything that is fit into the cane.

I had tried using feather, Fire Torch, silk and rope..

Experiment it out and you will find the one that suits your characther and the effect that you want.

Symmatrix Smile
What We See Is Mainly Depend On What We Look For.
Only Those Who Can See The Invisible Can Do The Impossible.

Symmatrix Magic
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
This is what I used to do at one point of my act.
I had two rings with tisue paper mounted in between. I showed both sides, threw the ring(rings) in to the air with one hand and I had my appering cane in the other. When the ring came down I pushed my hand through it and at the same time made the cane apper.
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Thanks guys.
Come on people we need your ideas to help the future generation of cane users!

Wwhat about a spring bouquet, only a 3-4 bloom one, of course.
Thoughts?
Tom Smile
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
Why not? There is some great stuff with spring flowers and canes. The flower cane is a nice effect where the flower bouquet appers on the center of the cane. You must prepare your spring flowers but only one in the whole bunch ( I use about 25 in my ) by fixing a smal rod of metal to the flower and a metal ring that fits over the cane on the othe side of the rod. Have an elastic band around the left wrist end plase the flowers underneath with the ring sticking out of your sleve, like a sleve bouqet. After having produced the cane it is "just" a matter of putting the cane through the ring and with a brisk forward motion of the cane, produce the flowers.

Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
Carron
View Profile
Special user
UK
958 Posts

Profile of Carron
Nice flower effect Vibono! I posted this a while ago but I'll post it here now.
A party popper. Your cane appears through a loud bang and cloud of smoke and streamers Smile
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
How do you aply the party popper to the cane?
Vibono Mirage
-The Scot-
View Profile
Special user
726 Posts

Profile of -The Scot-
The string it attached to the bottom of the cane, exactly where you wold tie a silk to. The only thing about this is I am not sure where the popper goes, because the cane is too small for it to fit inside.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I got the string thing but still don't know were to putt the Party popper itself. But I will give you another way of using party poppers.
Carefully remove the paper plate that covers the bottom inside and you will find the paper streamers. Throw the streamers away and you will find yet another papper disc. Even more carefully than before remove this. Underneath you will find the small cracker making the whole thing bang. Now take a piece of flashpaper, crumble it up and put it in the party popper. You now have a small flash gun!

Please use caution when trying this. Party poppers are explosive, so don't rush into this and of course, with all fire effects, don't use it if you are under 18 years of age.
Smile

Jonas Karlsson
Vibono Magic
Sweden
Vibono Mirage
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » ? to cane, what do you use? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL