The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The TT and You... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
I place my TT inside a small change purse, put in a hanky and say that I am going to make it invisible.

The purse serves as a good cover for the TT.
I hand out the purse for them to see the invisible silk inside. While they do this, I assume a pose where I can ditch the TT in my back pant pocket. Get the purse back, and after some magic words tell them the hanky should be back to its original color. I give them the purse to check while I get my TT back on. They will say that it is still invisible or gone.
Take the purse, and look inside to see why the hanky didn't change back. It might be because you forgot to say some magic words. Reach into the purse and get the hanky out.

They might want to see the hanky since they already saw the purse. Take the purse to your pocket leaving the TT in it.
Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
I like the quicky of balancing a card or other object on end on the back of the hand. I first saw this on Patrick Page's TT video (recommended).
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
I have one question, about loading a spongeball into a TT. How do I get it out?

Roland
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Quote:
On 2003-04-21 12:15, Feral Chorus wrote:
I like the quicky of balancing a card or other object on end on the back of the hand. I first saw this on Patrick Page's TT video (recommended).

Could you elaborate on this a little more please?

Chris
Daniel Faith
View Profile
Inner circle
Neenah, Wisconsin
1526 Posts

Profile of Daniel Faith
Bill switch
Torn and restored bill
vanish lit cigarette
vanish and produce silks
torn and restored sweet and low
Produce magic star dust from empty hand
Daniel Faith
Heavens to Mercitroids
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of Heavens to Mercitroids
Quote:
On 2003-04-16 19:51, bg wrote:
I have yet to try a TT. I guess I'm missing out? Smile

Definitely, bg!!!! Smile
I was with you on that one until yesterday when I got mine and and practiced "Money Morph" until my thumb cramped up!!!! Smile
When it's my time to shine.....The whole world is going blind.....From the Shiesty side of town.....Where a nickle costs a dime!
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Quote:
On 2003-04-21 14:36, Roland Henning wrote:
I have one question, about loading a spongeball into a TT. How do I get it out?

Roland

Cut a V-shaped notch at the opening of the thumbtip on the inner (pad) side of the thumb. Sponge balls can be rolled in and out with ease, although it leaves a tiny, but easily concealed portion of the spongeball exposed.

This is not my idea, it was written up in Genii some time ago. I wish I could remember the source. Anyone know?

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Feral Chorus
View Profile
Elite user
CA
495 Posts

Profile of Feral Chorus
[/quote]

Could you elaborate on this a little more please?

Chris
[/quote]

Seismic,

Think of balancing the TT on the back of your hand with the opening down. The card leans against it, on end. Transfer the card and TT (with TT behind the card) to the hand that will place the card on the back of the hand. The card and TT are placed on the hand at the same time. Play up how precarious the balance is and watch those angles. Smile
MagicallyDelicious
View Profile
New user
Logan, Utah
6 Posts

Profile of MagicallyDelicious
If you have a friend that does TT work, you can really have a blast. I did an impromptu show for my family with my brother this past weekend. I started out with my TT loaded with a black scarf and my brother began with blue and red scarves. He did a vanish and then passed me the scarf at which point I made it reappear as a different color.

Then I made the other one disappear and passed it on the my brother who made the original reappear. Then I got my niece's dress at the corner and said she had one in there - I just treated the piece of material like another scarf and pulled it out. Then we just kept making things appear and reappear all over the place. The kids loved it.
==============================
POOF! My Post is gone!
Mago Mai
View Profile
Elite user
Venezuela
485 Posts

Profile of Mago Mai
Roland: A good tool to use, to get the sponges out from a TT is a teaser that women use to pull their eyebrows with. You might find it in some swiss army knives, too.
Mago Mai
I invite all of you to share some of my magic on videos.Please, CLICK HERE
Harv
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm building a fence with
1127 Posts

Profile of Harv
The disappearing cig in hanky. I've done this for some of the guys at work and it's fun to watch their jaws drop!

Cheers,
Harv
oldwilson_2000
View Profile
New user
Germany
77 Posts

Profile of oldwilson_2000
I use the TT for a routine in which a silk vanishes from the hand and reappears inside a purse. In the second part the silk slowly vanishes from between the hands and then reappears from inside an "invisible purse" (purse frame). The idea was taken from a video from Alexander de Cova.

Another application of the FT (not the TT!) is to vanish a bill that's put into a silk draped over the hand or into a purse, envelope etc.

I sometimes use the TT to change a borrowed bill into the prepared one for Ted Lesley's Bill-Sational (avoiding the gag where you act like putting the bill away to keep it). I act like I show them the old gag where a bill is turning upside down after folding it. I act surprised at the poor audience response. Then I proceed with Bill-Sational.

Danny Archer has a nice "seven keys to baldpate" routine where he uses the TT to load the "right" key into a film can.

Anam Cara from Siwtzerland use a very shot FT on the MF to ignite a match - very nice!

Frank
Michaels
View Profile
Elite user
412 Posts

Profile of Michaels
I use it with
1) The intercessor-since standard cards don't burn well
2) Thumb cuff escape using tape - It's an old effect but it's a killer for closeup.
3) Vanishing cigarette
"Our technology is ahead of our humanity"
Albert Einstein
what
View Profile
Special user
Lehi, UT, USA
643 Posts

Profile of what
Gary Darwin has a great booklet. "101 Thumb tip tricks."

He teaches how to ballance a card on edge on the back of your hand, levitate a plastic cup, make salt magically appear. Openly roll a borrowed dollar bill in front of an audience and pour water into the top and it doesn't come out the bottom, oh yea, and disappear/re-appear a small silk.
Magic is fun!!!
dave s
View Profile
New user
new york
87 Posts

Profile of dave s
Signed torn and restored sugar packet (richard osterlind)- the effect is written up in one of the magic menu compilations
bg
View Profile
Veteran user
Indy
313 Posts

Profile of bg
has anyone been busted with their tip?

do you have to keep your dirty hand sheilded?

a tt seems great but like other posts it seems like it would be obvious to the audience therefore I've not gotten the nerve to try it.

Brian
Smile
wcb39
View Profile
Regular user
172 Posts

Profile of wcb39
Don't know if this has been mentioned but asking for a dollar bill then producing 10+ dimes from the bill.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I do the "Pea Can" effect with a TT. It always gets a great response. Just try it once and you may find it to be one of your favorite TT effects.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Quote:
On 2003-04-17 16:54, Mago Mai wrote:
I place my TT inside a small change purse,

This is a larry jennings idea, I believe. You can find it in Jennings, '67, I also believe.

A great idea.

Quote:
On 2003-09-01 07:59, bg wrote:
has anyone been busted with their tip?

do you have to keep your dirty hand sheilded?

a tt seems great but like other posts it seems like it would be obvious to the audience therefore I've not gotten the nerve to try it.

Brian
Smile

I've never ever been busted and I'm no expert with the TT.

If you're concerned, walk around with one on for a while. Nobody notices.

There are also moves you can do to fool those that think they know what you're doing.

See Patrick Pages' TT video for TT steals that are not of the normal kind.

He takes the Slydini idea and goes one step even further.

You'll fool all the stinky dads out there that are trying to impress their 3 year olds by pointing out the TT. It will be *GONE*.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Chris Berry
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Chris Berry
Can someone please explain the Pea Can effect with the TT?

Chris
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The TT and You... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL