The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The TT and You... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
The "Pea Can" is an effect where the Magician has several different colored pea's. The Magician puts the peas in an little, empty can. The Magician then asks the spectator to call out one of the colors and to hold out their hand. The Magician then dumps the pea's into the spectators hand and instead of the correctly colored pea coming out of the can, water comes out instead, OOP's wrong pea. I use a handkerchief draped over my closed fist. I don't use a pea can anymore, I find the reaction is much stronger, especially when you borrow a handkerchief or in a resturaunt I use the table napkin. I don't use pea's, I use bits of paper rolled up into little balls. It's fun, try it.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
radiantentertainment
View Profile
Regular user
Donald Collins
112 Posts

Profile of radiantentertainment
I dropped a TT on one occasion. I had no idea what to do. I picked it up quickly and put it back on. After showing my hands empty I said, "I hate when that happens!" and went on. I gained a very strong reaction. I guess the guests believed that it was part of the trick and I made my thumb fall off. I no longer have any fears of being caught with a TT.
Life is not a dress rehearsal!
Less is more.
&
Knock'em dead!
Geoff Weber
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington DC
1359 Posts

Profile of Geoff Weber
I was hired to do walk around magic at a St. Patricks Day festival... I produced a rainbow streamer, and then made it transform into a handful of gold coins.
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
I also use a rainbow streamer with my TT. Here in Northwest Pennsylvania, we get very little sunshine. Therefore, it is natural that I should always carRy my own rainbow around with me wherever I go. In fact, that is my intro. Then, while I make the streamer disappear, I go into a little talk about how some people don't believe rainbows are real. They think it's just some sunshine and mist. At this point I open my hand as though the rainbow has dispersed in the mist. Then I explain how important it is to believe in rainbows, even when they can't be seen. "And, that's why I always cary my own rainbow around with me wherever I go." This always plays very well.
Nicholas
Partizan
View Profile
Inner circle
London UK
1682 Posts

Profile of Partizan
For those people that think the TT sticks out - don't THINK THAT.
The spectator's mind will smooth over any inconsistency that you feel is visible. It's like an optical illusion apart from the fact of what it can do for magic.
I also use the 6th finger. When you see one you say to yourself, "NO-WAY man! that is so obvious, like a sore thumb sticking out and all that." But it works.
If you wear it well, it won't be seen. People don't count how many fingers you have unless you draw attention to the fact.

I was giving this trick away to a mate and vanished silk after silk after silk, right in front of hes eyes. very slow while saying "do you see how it's done?" He could not, for all his powers of observation, see the TT. Even when it was right in front of him and I'm saying, "anything wrong with my thumb?" I had to take it off in front of him and he was dumbfounded, Just could not accept that the little gimmick got him so bad.

So don't worry about it being seen, but learn some technique and look natural.

PS. On thread,
Maggotts are a good load for shock value. Get some orange ones from the fishing shop and you too can make basmati rice dance. Smile

I love the SUCKER RESTORED MATCH (Darwin's 101 P.12 No.47)
What a beaut. I so love this effect. You should see the puzzled looks when you strike the dead match for an encore. Smile
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus."
- Mark Twain
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4355 Posts

Profile of rannie
Try the TT for Billet Sw*** effects.

Rannie
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Randy Sager
View Profile
Elite user
409 Posts

Profile of Randy Sager
What do I do with it?

1. The Name Is the Same- Roger Klause

2. Hundred Dollar Bill Switch- Roger Klause

3. Cornicopia- Klause

4. Silk from bill- Whoever.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Here's a "tip," Ha!

For those that vanish lit cigarettes in silk hankies, if you use a plastic, rubber, or Vernet TT, take a small piece of aluminum foil, put a drop of rubber cement in the inside of the TT, and push the foil to the end. It'll make your TT last MUCH longer, and you won't have that faint smell of burning plastic!

Doug
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
I am a huge fan of Jay Scott Berry's work with the TT. I've been to his lecture three times and his workshop twice. I'd see it again in a heartbeat if given the chance. His website is http://www.jayscottberry.com. His products are simply superb. I own several of everything on that website, and it all gets used. I also love Roger Klause's work on the TT, even though I started using Jay Scott Berry's cloaking devive bill switch instead of Klause's. I do use Roger's Sponge and Sleeve routine which has some superb TT work in it.
David Todd
View Profile
Inner circle
1665 Posts

Profile of David Todd
The special Ross Bertram issue of Genii from March 2003, written up by Bertram's student, David Ben, has Bertram's handling of Vanishing Lit Cig. in Handkerchief which has a beautiful, subtle steal. At no time do you stick your thumb or other fingers into the hank. You openly place the lit cigarette into the center of a handkerchief draped over your hand, then lightly grasp the edge of the hank and let it fall open. The cigarette is gone. The hank is shown empty on both sides, your hands are empty and you put the hank away.
Very clean. The wise guys who think they know all about using a tt to vanish a lit cig. won't know what hit them. They will be watching for you to do "that certain move," but the move never comes.

The rest of the issue has some other amazing work by Ross Bertram.
If you don't have it check to see if Richard still has back issues for sale:

http://www.geniimagazine.com/back_issues/2003/march.html
Showmethatagain
View Profile
Regular user
147 Posts

Profile of Showmethatagain
Bill switch
Torn and restored bill
vanish lit cigarette into some ones shirt it never fails to get em sweating
BobbyJ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, Az
48 Posts

Profile of BobbyJ
I do Vanishing Silk, Opened, emptied, & restored, signed sweet&low, dimes from bill, vanishing lit cigarette, gypsy thread. I use it to remove pips from a card. I carry one at all times. I've never been busted. Hold your hand so the TT points at audience and they won't see it. BobbyJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » The TT and You... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL