The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Looks great,
Packs small and plays big,
Excels in construction and materials,
Last, but not least, has an unrealistic and obscene cost.
Fábio De'Rose - Ilusionista
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
JasonBaney
View Profile
New user
92 Posts

Profile of JasonBaney
Even at the highest price of $2500 for a Collectors edition table, 5 minutes of proven stage material at that price is a bargain. Other stage illusions can easily cost 5 times that amount, let alone a custom piece. And at $500 for the basic version you are doubtful to find anything comparable that would be decent enough to put onstage. If you think it unrealistic then don't buy one, but considering how many he has sold you are a minority.
sly2272
View Profile
Loyal user
256 Posts

Profile of sly2272
It,s the BEST.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
How's being a minority supposed to be a problem for me? 'cause it isn't.

Quote:
but considering how many he has sold you are a minority.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
I swore I would not make another comment about this subject, but I will again. As in role magic's post, tables have been around for many years. I saw it preformed about 47 years ago.
I bought a great looking table for much cheaper then a Losander's. Is it a copy? Is his gimmick different? I do not know, and no one on this site knows.
(I) have made an anti-gravity vase for (MY) routine of the floating table. My table may look the same but my routine is different.
If you want to have a Losander table, GREAT! It will probable always fetch a higher price in resale because it is a Losander.
But I love my table, and can use the money I saved to buy additional items.
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Dear Wizardpa, `

The floating table you saw 47 years ago was not a Losander table but the classic version of the floating table.
Tommy wonder & Losander created the floating table (using their improved version of Joe Karsons Zombie gimmick)
So If you want to perform this version you can only buy them thru Losander (unless you want an inferior version that doesn't look as nice as the orignal)
Losander & myself came up with the anti-gravity vase for the Hans Klok show in Las Vegas and they are only available thru Losander.
I'm very surprised to read here that not only you have bought a knock off version of the Losander table but that also made a copy of the Anti-gravity vase and still claim that the routine you perform is Yours.
wizardpa
View Profile
Inner circle
The New Orleans area
1011 Posts

Profile of wizardpa
Well, when you consider that I have never seen the Hans Klok show in Vegas and of course do not know that Losander sells anti-gravity vases and I made mine then the routine I perform is MINE.
My inferior version looks really great and I'm more then happy with my table and my performance.
I find it funny that someone can knock my table when they have not even seen it.
What I have is a table that will never have the value of a Losander nor the customer service he gives, but I still say mine looks great.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2010-02-01 14:37, Rafael (Belgium) wrote:
that also made a copy of the Anti-gravity vase and still claim that the routine you perform is Yours.

He made a PROP, not a ROUTINE.

I even suggested him a routine and patter that gratefully doesn't look at all like Losander's.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
Even with a different routine it's still a copy of Losanders table and Anti-gravity vase.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 09:45, Rafael (Belgium) wrote:
Even with a different routine it's still a copy of Losanders table and Anti-gravity vase.

How do you claim so without seeing Wizardpa's table?

The floating factor doesn't instantly categorize it as a copy.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
I have seen the tables that are offerend on ebay and they are copies of the losander table, not talking about the Anti-gravity vase.
So I don't need to see Wizardpa's table to know what it looks like.
I agree with you that the floating factor doesn't categorize as a copy however the fact that the object levitating is a table, using a zombie gimmick & the Anti-gravity idea does tell me that it is clearly a copy of Losanders work - There's no question about it!
Since you use a copy of Losanders table as well you might think different but using these 'made in China' tables is stealing the hard work & creativity of Losander (& Tommy Wonder)
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
I've had my floating table custom made to my own specifications, I din't buy one made in China, India whatsoever.

Plus, IMO trying to defend the idea that only Losander tables should use Tommy Wonder's gimmick concept is much like claiming copyright over a card sleight.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
DominotheGreat
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of DominotheGreat
Is the only good floating type made by Losander? As I'm sure the knockoffs won't last?
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 20:44, DominotheGreat wrote:
Is the only good floating type made by Losander?

That depends on who you ask to.

Quote:
As I'm sure the knockoffs won't last?

What is to be considered a knockoff, after all? One that mimes Dirk's design? One that, you know, floats? One that uses the same kind of gimmick? (Let alone it'd be plain pointless to use a different one).

I recommend http://floatingtables.com/ ,

I do not own one of those, but I've seen a couple of these in person. They are as good as a floating table gets. The price is fair and worth, the design is beautiful and they are incredibly well made.

But if you feel comfortable spending extra 2 thousand dollars just to look good to a handful of fellow magi, you're welcome.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
Laszlo Csizmadi
View Profile
Special user
From Hell
868 Posts

Profile of Laszlo Csizmadi
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 10:56, Fábio DeRose wrote:
I've had my floating table custom made to my own specifications, I din't buy one made in China, India whatsoever.

Plus, IMO trying to defend the idea that only Losander tables should use Tommy Wonder's gimmick concept is much like claiming copyright over a card sleight.

I'm realy sorry for you man. You are the one who just won't let it go.
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
No need to be sorry. I just happen to have a different opinion than you and some others.

Quote:
On 2010-02-03 09:07, Laszlo Csizmadi wrote:
Quote:
On 2010-02-02 10:56, Fábio DeRose wrote:

I'm realy sorry for you man. You are the one who just won't let it go.
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
DominotheGreat,

To answer your question:
Losanders table are the best out there!
gulamerian
View Profile
Special user
581 Posts

Profile of gulamerian
While it is true that floating tables have been around for a number of years, it was the addition of Tommy Wonder's gimmick that makes the Losnder table what it is. When Tommy added his gimmick to the floating ball it became an improved version of the Zombie. No longer did it look like ball on a stick, it created a visually better illusion of the ball floating. The addition of the gimmick to the table does the same.
Arepsi
View Profile
Regular user
Finland
147 Posts

Profile of Arepsi
Hello, now I've got the Losander's Eclipse table. It arrived today and I must say it's perfect. No more wobbling when taking the gimmick and surely, the round table looks impressive. Also there is candle holder on top of the antigravity box, so no audience participation is necessary.

I really like the legs, because the legs are thick wood, and also the middle pole of the table is superb.

I highly recommend this table to all. This is very beautiful.

P.S. One benefit is the customer service and quarantee.

Aaro Sorva
Fábio DeRose
View Profile
Inner circle
San Paolo, Brasile
1477 Posts

Profile of Fábio DeRose
How about the shipping?
www.ENIGMAGICO.com.br

Twitter @Enigmagico
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Floating Table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL