The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Marketing Hitch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
WolfGod
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of WolfGod
Got the Craigslist ad up. See if anybody bites. In the meantime, I have a few other strategies I'm going to try.

There's a local access cable channel called It's Alive that's made in the tradition of Chiller Theater. I'm going to try to wrangle my way into a guest appearance to do a little shock magic for the horror movie fans.

I'm doing a holiday party for my BNI group in order to video tape it and have a demo reel I can shop around a bit.

I'll be performing at a regional event for International Networking Week in February. Yeah, it's a ways off, but at least it's a sure-thing.

For now that's all I've got, but it's a start.
Michael_MacDonald
View Profile
1964 - 2016
Washington
2034 Posts

Profile of Michael_MacDonald
ITS A GREAT START!

hit the bars around and let them know you do spook/shock magic for the season to.
stoneunhinged
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of stoneunhinged
I started this thread from the back (came late) and saw it had to do with getting gigs in conservative Pittsburgh, and immediately thought: the music scene....

Then I clicked to page one of the thread and saw that Silvertongue gave that advice in the second post. Pittsburgh used to have a VERY healthy techno scene...I just googled "hypervinyl" and found out the store isn't there any more. It could be the scene is dying or dead.

Doesn't matter: it doesn't matter whether it's goth or techno or whatever--the alternative scene is very healthy in Pittsburgh precisely because of Pittsburgh's conservativism. Hit ALL the independent record stores. Be aware that the scene may be on the other side of town. But it's there.

Now, they may know NOTHING of magic, but don't let that stop you.

This post may not help you much. I'm just saying that Pittsburgh has a very unconsertative side to it...but it ain't at TGIF's or the University Club. It's...uh...underground Smile. That's where you need to go. That's where I'd go, if I lived in Pittsburgh. Maybe we should trade places. HA!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Marketing Hitch (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL