The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Silent Butler (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
karlcheney
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of karlcheney
Dave may still be selling but he sure isn't delivering.

My order for silent butler is now 7 weeks old. I've emailed, PM'ed, attempted to call his (disconnected) phone and tried contact via PayPal resolution center. The man is off the radar scope entirely. Be warned.

Next week comes filing an official claim. It's a shame...
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Too bad that 7 weeks is past the 45 day deadline for a Paypal complaint. you may be able to contact your credit card company.
Good luck,
James

Quote:
On 2009-05-20 18:42, karlcheney wrote:
Dave may still be selling but he sure isn't delivering.

My order for silent butler is now 7 weeks old. I've emailed, PM'ed, attempted to call his (disconnected) phone and tried contact via PayPal resolution center. The man is off the radar scope entirely. Be warned.

Next week comes filing an official claim. It's a shame...
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Joshua Barrett
View Profile
Inner circle
Cincinnati, Ohio
3631 Posts

Profile of Joshua Barrett
Silent butler indeed heh
Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
Hello Everyone,

I will go to my video demo on YouTube and write a post for people NOT TO BUY the Silent Butler because of the lack of service.

He doesn’t even answer my e-mails.

I am sorry to everyone who bought the Silent Butler due to seeing my video performance. If my performance was the deciding factor in you buying this, I apologize.

I was in the process of making a DVD on using the Silent Butler, including my (I think) improvements. I have developed routines that were much enhanced due to the Silent Butler. From close-up, table magic, and yes a few mentalism routines. I have a very cool deck switch that I now do in my toss out deck routine. I have the story board written and drawn, but when I started hearing people complaining about the lack of service, I thought better, and didn’t want to be an addition to the problem. So the DVD is now dead in its tracks…… Sorry….

Ray Noble
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Ray, maybe you can still release the dvd for the people who still own it? sell it for a fair price and I think it'll fly off the shelves!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Silvio Solaris
View Profile
Inner circle
Xtreme Magic
1110 Posts

Profile of Silvio Solaris
I am definatively interested in the toss out deck switcharoo... Smile
Magical Wishes

Silvio Solaris

'Is all that we see and seem but a dream within a dream?' E.A.Poe
ftlum
View Profile
Special user
Roseville, CA
730 Posts

Profile of ftlum
Ray, please keep up with your DVD! I worked a long time on coming up with a belly servante of my own (I actually us a Workeroo now) and would love to learn some more routines and techinques! Tommy Wonder describes the workings of a basic belly servante for those who wish to make something (basic) for themselves.

- Frank
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Ray -

Another vote for the DVD, if you can still do it. You owe it to us, Ray, after leading us like sheep into this scam... Smile

Hate to admit it, but I'm not even sure I set the thing up right. There were a couple of areas on the instruction sheet that seemed a little ambiguous, and the mimeographed blurry black blobs that were presumably supposed to be photos didn't help much either. The SB add-ons came with no instructions whatsoever.

But you obviously can make this prop come alive, so I'd bet most SB owners (and possibly even Workeroo owners) would be very interested in hearing and seeing anything you have to offer regarding set-up and handling.

- Scott "Maxfield"
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
wise owl
View Profile
Special user
Australia
721 Posts

Profile of wise owl
Looking forward for your DVD, Ray.

Although I checked magic-cafe very often, would you pls PM me when it is out? It is something too good to miss.

thanks
jonnyboy
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego
1021 Posts

Profile of jonnyboy
I have to say I didn't even set mine up because the instructions were nearly incomprehensible and the photos were no help. I can't understand someone who markets something, but doesn't take an hour to write up understandable and helpful instructions. Happens all too often. I'm ready to get rid of it, but would love to see a good DVD on it. Would be well worth it, if one can get it to look close to Ray's handling.

John
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
I remember when I ordered David Mann's Rose to silk. The instructions said;
"Look at the way the rose is rolled and just do that again to set it up."
Mine came unrolled during shipping and I emailed David. He said he was thinking about doing a forum for that but had not got around to it. Total burn.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Any update on this?
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Nick-V.
View Profile
Special user
Create and Devastate
817 Posts

Profile of Nick-V.
Quote:
On 2009-05-21 20:38, Silvio Solaris wrote:
I am definatively interested in the toss out deck switcharoo... Smile

Same here, bro!
Peace on the Magical Streets
~Nick V.~
B Hackler
View Profile
Special user
778 Posts

Profile of B Hackler
Is precision magic still in business?
Vorezo
View Profile
Loyal user
248 Posts

Profile of Vorezo
From the looks of his site ( http://www.precisionmagicman.com )...No. He will probably be back soon?
hboy
View Profile
Regular user
152 Posts

Profile of hboy
Is the website closed?
any dvd instruciton for this trick?
I heard it will publish it before. Does anyone have further news?
cheekychap
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of cheekychap
Quote:
On 2009-05-26 00:03, Xiqual wrote:
I remember when I ordered David Mann's Rose to silk. The instructions said;
"Look at the way the rose is rolled and just do that again to set it up."
Mine came unrolled during shipping and I emailed David. He said he was thinking about doing a forum for that but had not got around to it. Total burn.
James

id like to here on this David Mann's Rose to silk too, as I bombed out aswell Smile
theres a post here on SB :-
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109
greatchach
View Profile
New user
Texas
82 Posts

Profile of greatchach
I guess I'm one of the few who did actually receive mine, (but having not had the chance to use it I've decided to sell it). The instructions are not the most thorough I've ever seen, but honestly, it's pretty self explanatory. I'm sure Ray's DVD would add a lot to it, but it's not hard to see how this could be used, once you get a look at it.
PepeRuizSJ
View Profile
Loyal user
Dallas, TX
250 Posts

Profile of PepeRuizSJ
Hehe, the reason I never actually performed with this is mainly aesthetic. My body looks weird when I wear it. I guess I also have a practical reason: I don't think it is worth the trouble for the "improvements" it provides to topit work. Poor Dave though, he seemed like he was really trying in the beginning.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2009-05-22 15:34, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Ray -

Another vote for the DVD, if you can still do it. You owe it to us, Ray, after leading us like sheep into this scam... Smile

Hate to admit it, but I'm not even sure I set the thing up right. There were a couple of areas on the instruction sheet that seemed a little ambiguous, and the mimeographed blurry black blobs that were presumably supposed to be photos didn't help much either. The SB add-ons came with no instructions whatsoever.

But you obviously can make this prop come alive, so I'd bet most SB owners (and possibly even Workeroo owners) would be very interested in hearing and seeing anything you have to offer regarding set-up and handling.

- Scott "Maxfield"

Ray, now that some time has passed, you think you might ponder getting the dvd out? Smile

this is just a teaser!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0e7ccV-_Yks
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Silent Butler (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL