The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When I win the lottery.. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Well you'll need to win lottery - or perhaps putting out a begging bowl maybe a sound business plan.

Destiny
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
You can work there destiny. Forever
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2008-10-10 09:58, Al Angello wrote:
If I won the lottery I would be forced into an early retirement, because in order to be at the top of your game you have to be hungry.

I thought that myself once; "OOOh, if I won the PowerBall, I could have the money to buy the props I need and the time to rehearse with them, but not the need to perform for a living anymore d'oh!"

...and I looked up bankrupt lottery winners;

http://answers.google.com/answers/main?c......d=141224
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
If I won the lottery, first I'd set up my son's college fund; then I'd retire and use the cash to catch up on hobbies- like finally making the illusion building workshop I've always wanted to have. Hmmm- maybe I could rent out shop time to needy magicians!

On a side note-
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 14:06, Sorceress wrote:
Kcg5,
Hope you win soon, because down the road the government May be able to take half your winnings and give it to someone who couldn't buy their own lottery ticket.

What Sorceress never realized was that the government already can. All prizes won from contests and gambling, as well as bonuses received from your workplace, are subject to a 50% tax rate. And before you blame one politician or another, it's been that way for many, many years.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » When I win the lottery.. (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL