The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Adding a Wireless Handheld (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
All,

Please excuse me if this question has already been asked before.

Last year I bought a Audio Technica 2000 wireless system with a wireless headset.

I would like to now add a handheld wireless microphone to it.

In looking over the Musician's Friend site, it seems you have to buy the receiver and mic as a system.

In my case I already have a receiver, however, so do am I wrong that a mic for it can't be bought separately?

If so, can someone provide a link?

Thanks in advance,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Michael Messing
View Profile
Inner circle
Knoxville, TN
1815 Posts

Profile of Michael Messing
Tod,

You should be able to buy a mic separately but you may not be able to buy it from a big Internet store like Musician's Friend. It will likely have to be ordered by a store so you'll have to find a store that will do special orders or you may have to order directly from Audio Technica: http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/site/c......dex.html

I assume you are aware that you can only use one mic with your receiver at a time, right? (In other words, you wouldn't be able to use the handheld and the headset simultaneously.)
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Thank you for your help, Michael.

I looked at the Technica site, however, and I'm befuddled.

Here is their catalog of Handheld Microphones, but seemingly not one wireless among them:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cgi-bin/pr......Handheld

And here is their page of Wireless Microphones, but not one handheld among them:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cgi-bin/pr......20Cables

Did I make a mistake in buying a system that does not support wireless handhelds, or am I not looking in the correct place/s?

Thank you,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean Jr aka, Magic Roadie
Hi, Tod!
They're using the word mic in a somewhat different way that certainly MUST be confusing for a lot of people. Note that, in the "wired mic" category, they have all manner of beast. In the "wireless mics & cables" category, they have mics that PLUG IN TO RF transmitters, but not the transmitters themselves. They've put all transmitters & receivers in the "wireless systems" category, including handhelds, with no reference to the handhelds anywhere else.

Anywho, if you follow the link for "wireless systems", you'll find the handheld for the 2000 Series is called the ATW-T220.

Cheers from Toronto!
Dan McLean Jr
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Dan,

I've followed the "Wireless Systems" category down but still cannot find the ATW-T220. Even the search function does not bring that up.

Could you post a link here? I'd ask you privately, but perhaps this might help someone else in the future.

Maybe I have zigged where you have zagged and that's why I am not seeing it Smile

Again,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
P.S. I found the mic mentioned at the very bottom of the 2000 system page. Of course no picture or separate page for it like other aforementioned mics, but this may have been to what you were referring:

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wls_sy......dex.html

Btw, Dan, here are the specs on this specific ATW-T220 mic. Is this a good vocal one to use on stage?

http://www.performanceaudio.com/cgi/prod......_id=6160

Of course it's not like there are any other options, since this is the only wireless handheld seemingly avail for this system.

Thanks,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-10 18:07, Tod Torrent wrote:
I've followed the "Wireless Systems" category down but still cannot find the ATW-T220. Even the search function does not bring that up.

Could you post a link here?

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/wls_sy......dex.html
Scroll down to the handheld system.
Dan McLean Jr
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Looks like we were both typing at the same time, Dan. Please see my post one up from yours.

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-10 19:02, Tod Torrent wrote:
Btw, Dan, here are the specs on this specific ATW-T220 mic. Is this a good vocal one to use on stage?

Any handheld by Shure Sennheiser, Audio-Technica, AKG, Audix and several other brands is just fine. Selection between them is pretty subjective. The one one you're looking at is pleaty good for speaking.
Dan McLean Jr
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
You mean that it doesn't matter?

That they all use the same frequencies?

Anything to check in specs to ensure wireless compatability?

Didn't know this,
Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
View Profile
Special user
Toronto, Canada
803 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-10-10 22:00, Tod Torrent wrote:
You mean that it doesn't matter?
That they all use the same frequencies?
Anything to check in specs to ensure wireless compatability?

Tod,
I was generically answering your question about quality. You're right in only looking at an Audio-Technica 2000 handheld for use with your existing Audio Technica 2000 system. You need to ensure that your existing pieces and your new handheld contain the same frequencies.
Dan McLean Jr
Tod Todson
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
1296 Posts

Profile of Tod Todson
Thank you for your help on this, Michael and Dan!

Tod
Mystifier, Youth Speaker
<BR><BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Adding a Wireless Handheld (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL