The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Fun way to select a volunteer (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1256 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
Wasn't sure of the best forum for this, but since a lot of my shows are gospel...

it is just a quick ,fun little thing...We have probably all seen the fun gag of the performer taking a(sponge) rock and threatening to toss it into into the audience to pick one of them, and then reveals it is sponge... well last Christmas my inlaws put slingshots in each of our stockings and filled them with the fuzzy craft balls to use to peg each other off.

So bring the sling shot out and some real stones...perhaps you have a volunteer trick that goes with the David and Goliath story...pretend you will fire it off into the audience, and then bring out the fuzzy balls(or do a sleight of hand switch, to add a magic moment to it) and then fire the fuzzy ball into the audience. It is almost impossible to get hurt from those things. We took hits to the face close up with no problem. Range can be a good 40-50 feet if you really reef on the sling shot...

Of course in an all kids group this isn't the best way to get volunteers, creates a bit of chaos, but for family groups it is good.Happy shooting Smile
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
jkvand
View Profile
Special user
Johnstown, PA
658 Posts

Profile of jkvand
In familiar settings, I sometimes use a mini marshmallow gun to select volunteers as well. Wouldn't recommend this for a lot of audiences, but for youth it works well!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » Fun way to select a volunteer (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL