The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for Animal Carrier (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
I have a large dutch rabbit.

I have material covers for my rabbit and dove carrier so the guests no idea
that I have animals.

I have a carrier I purchased years ago.

The top slides open and I just pick him up.

But it's been through the war and I don't know how much
longer it will last.

The carriers with the door in the front are not so good.

When you try and take my rabbit out he dosen't want to, so
I have to pull him out and he brings shavings, newspaper and so on with him.

So....does anyone have a link of a animal carrier that would be useful for me.

And BTW I don't like those carriers that look like a gym bag.

I sure others would like this information also.

Thanks - Nez
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
Most of the ones I've found are from UK dealers, but here's one I believe is in Florida (with free shipping over $50).
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
The local PetSmart or other animal shop should be able to help. Here's a link to a cage that might work as well.

http://www.petsmart.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3073395

Mark.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
I did some more searching and found the one Mark mentions, and Petco has the same one I posted on earlier with the smallest size being cheaper. Amazon also lists some here.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
Thanks guys,

Any other different styles, anyone?
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
As soon as the children sees the pet carrier, they know that you have a bunny.
Although they know that a bunny might appear at the end of the performance, it should still be a bit of a surprise.

I use a wicker basket to transport my bunny (Lucy). I've noticed that the children hardly ever mentioned that the bunny is in the basket.

During the summer the basket provides the bunny lots of air movement. For the cold months, I wrap a piece of wind resistant material around the basket.

Once in a while a child might asked if the bunny in the basket.
TrickyRicky
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
My animal carriers work the same but are different. One is a custom made cage that is made from welded wire with 1" x 0.5" rectangles. The other is a commercial plastic and metal cage. Both fit on the inside top shelf of my roll on tables. All I have to do is drape the table with a 36" silk and there is nothing to see. It would only be visible from the back anyway.

I just load the table and roll it to the place where I need it. (It is also nice for smuggling doves into the hotel.)

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Bob, you sneaky rascal! Be careful, if you keep doing things like that people may think you're a magician! Smile

Regan
Mister Mystery
Gordon
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
692 Posts

Profile of Gordon
Similar to TrickyRicky, I've used a wicker picnic basket. Really goes unnoticed when you're loading-in.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1840 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
TrickyRicky
View Profile
Inner circle
TrickyRicky
1653 Posts

Profile of TrickyRicky
Quote:
On 2008-10-16 16:00, Gordon wrote:
Similar to TrickyRicky, I've used a wicker picnic basket. Really goes unnoticed when you're loading-in.

Right on Gordon.
Funny how the same children who was at the last party a month back would ask where the the bunny is. The basket is ever present, but hardly any of the children ever asked if the bunny is in the basket. My guess is that it looks more like a prop carrier.
TrickyRicky
Mumblemore
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Mumblemore
I would use the kind of cage with wire mesh floor breeders use to take their rabbits to shows. Rather than looking for a "carrier," I'd look for rabbit travel cage on some of the rabbit cage seller sites. If none come up, PM me and I'll call my breeder and ask her to tell me the brand. The poop falls through the mesh onto tray below and everything stays cleaner for the rabbit.
magicmanfrank
View Profile
Inner circle
1127 Posts

Profile of magicmanfrank
The Early Bird may get the Worm, but it's the SECOND Mouse that gets the CHEESE!!!

Frank Thurston

www.FrankThurstonMagic.com

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-Magic-of-Frank-Thurston/116625117910?ref=nf
revmike
View Profile
Special user
Annville, PA
646 Posts

Profile of revmike
Thanks for the info on various carriers. Luckily for me my wife is very crafty and has custom made some carriers for me.
The magic is not in our sleights and illusions, but instead in our ability to bring love and joy.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Looking for Animal Carrier (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL