The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill in Lemon Effect (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Track down Kozmo and watch his Bill in Lemon routine.

Its the best out there.

Street guys know what plays strong.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Quote:
On 2010-05-07 22:36, markmiller wrote:
On a cruise I personally saw McComb do a signed bill to wallet. It was more or less the Seabrook bank night effect.

Interesting. So McComb upgraded to a signed bill in lemon.
Just one clarification: You mean Seabrook's burned bill in wallet, right?
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of markmiller
Right, he didn't do the lemon, years ago I was on a cruise with my folks and McComb, who was extremely friendly, was the magician. I didn't say he did the lemon, only that he used a signed bill for identification purposes. You are right, what I called a bank night effect was Seabrook's burned bill in wallet.
markmiller
View Profile
Special user
728 Posts

Profile of markmiller
I should add, he did two complete shows and both were great as you'd expect.
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Does anyone know which book or dvd will have the Seabrook bank night effect in it?
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On 2010-05-08 19:38, Red Neck Magician wrote:
Does anyone know which book or dvd will have the Seabrook bank night effect in it?

Red Neck:

This is in Terry's Seabrooke's,"Seabrooke's Book." He has it on an old VHS tape as well. It's not available on DVD that I am aware of.

Doug
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Thanks for the help Doug.
brody
View Profile
Inner circle
Omaha
1313 Posts

Profile of brody
It's on L&L's

World's Greatest Magic - Stand-Up Magic Volume 1
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Brody thanks for the help I will give the dvd a look.
Bobby Forbes
View Profile
Inner circle
virginia beach, VA.
1463 Posts

Profile of Bobby Forbes
Another vote for Scott Guinn's version. Very simply and has huge impact.
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Yesterday I bought Scott F. Guinn's "The working Pro's Bill in Lemon" and just finished reading through it.

This is really genious !!!

It's really simple, will have a really huge impact and it's really worth the $ 10,-. To me, it's even not expensive enough; it's priceless !!!

I own already a few other version, but this one is really the best. The excellent part is, that he goes through the thought process explaining the reasons why he performs it this way and not in another...

I wont go into details, but if you really want something workable for the real world spend the 10 bucks.

Just my honest opinion.

Oliver.
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Oliver,

I'm glad you are happy with your purchase, and I very much appreciate your recommendation.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Oliver Ross
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1722 Posts

Profile of Oliver Ross
Scott,

You're most welcome. The funny thing is that it was me who started this topic and it could end with me, since now I've found exactly what I was looking for.

All the work has still to be done, but the most interesting part is that if someone takes his time to look everywhere and to listen to good advices, that this someone (in this position : me) can finally find what he's looking for.

This effect is the first one that I bought from you but for sure not the last one.

Thank you again for sharing such a wonderful piece of magic with the community.

And good luck for all your futur magical projects.

Oliver.
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1665 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
I just bought Scott's Bill to Lemon yesterday , and it is a GREAT routine! I highly recommend it! I also got Scott's Matrix routine, and it's very, very good as well (I may just get rid of all my gimmick matrix stuff)...

I cannot say anything else that has not already been said in this thread, except Scott's effects are genius and his detailed instructions are superior.

I'm buying more! Smile
Thanks, Scott
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Here is an interesting bill in lemon routine being performed by Drew Worsham:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bvf3RsnQGMY

In this performance:

- a borrowed bill is signed by one spectator
- another spectator reads the serial number from it
- then the bill is folded by the magician and made to disappear
- magician draws attention to two balloons that have been sitting out of his reach and in plain sight the whole time
- spectator chooses one of the balloons to pop
- a lemon falls from this balloon in to spectator's hands
- magician shows his hands to the audience and has three spectators examine his hands to make sure they are completely empty
- magician takes lemon from spectator and slowly cuts it open with a borrowed knife, in front of the audience
- magician gives lemon to spectator, who removes the bill and verifies the signature and serial number

This gets a tremendous reaction from the audience, of course.

I am very impressed by the technical aspects of this routine, as it seems there is no opportunity for the magician to load the bill in to the lemon, except when he cuts the lemon open. But that happens directly after the magician's hands are thoroughly examined, without his hands going to his pockets. His sleeves are also rolled up, and the cutting is done slowly, in full view of the spectators. The cutting and opening of the lemon look absolutely fair. So how could the loading have been achieved?

The only way I could imagine it's done is by having the spectator signing the bill be a stooge, and pre-loading duplicate signed bills in to both lemons before they're put in to the balloons. If no stooge was used, it's doubly impressive and apparently impossible.

I also enjoyed the clever bits of humor Mr. Worsham added, such as saying "you're the king!" as the spectator pulls the rolled-up bill from the lemon.

I found this video in a thread about Nourdine's BIL effect:

http://www.virtualmagie.com/ubbthreads/u......257698/5

It's in French, but can be adequately translated in to English here:

http://translate.google.com

At first I assumed Mr. Worsham must be performing Nourdine's BIL routine, but now I am not so sure. Does anyone know who's method Mr. Worsham is using in this routine?
RiffRaff
View Profile
Special user
631 Posts

Profile of RiffRaff
Quote:
On 2010-07-17 15:58, gnosis wrote:
...The only way I could imagine it's done is by having the spectator signing the bill be a stooge, ...

Mentioning the word 'stooge' in terms of method in a public forum is borderline exposure. I believe we should use a code word to replace the word 'stooge'.
How about we just call it the 'Chris Angel Method'?
gnosis
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of gnosis
Quote:
Mentioning the word 'stooge' in terms of method in a public forum is borderline exposure. I believe we should use a code word to replace the word 'stooge'.
How about we just call it the 'Chris Angel Method'?

Haha! I like it. Smile

What do you think of using an abbreviation for the "Criss Angel Method" and just calling it a "criss"?
Brent McLeod
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1653 Posts

Profile of Brent McLeod
Quote:
On 2008-10-23 12:48, Pete Biro wrote:
Try to see Doc Eason's way. All the technical stuff doesn't matter... it's the way you sell it.

I agree with Pete

After years of performing Professionally Bill in Kiwi, I saw Doc Easons version of B.I.L.
and have now incorporated that
into my act for corporate & theatre-You could do it on the street its that good..
No serial nos or corners etc-Its signed after the lemon is put to 1 side yet ends up in the lemon-brilliant..
but as Pete mentions -its the fun & entertainment that sells it..
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6581 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
Just FYI...

I have sold the rights to my ebooks--including "The Working Pro's Bill in Lemon"--to Chris Washubber at Lybrary.com. I no longer have a website or sell the ebooks, but they are all available at Lybrary.
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
Mac_Stone
View Profile
Inner circle
Miami, FL
1036 Posts

Profile of Mac_Stone
Even though my own personal preference is to use a signed bill I still stand 100% behind what I said. Scott's routine is a WORKER! For ten bucks it's an excellent investment.

I have seen the Drew Worsham youtube video and I can only conclude he is using the Criss Angel method, if he isn't the churches he performs for should start worshiping him!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best Bill in Lemon Effect (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL