We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirits and Paws (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Chad C.
View Profile
Inner circle
1522 Posts

Profile of Chad C.
Greetings everyone!
I just wanted to let everyone here know that I have just performed my first show that includes my Spirit Telegraph by Tim Wisseman and my Monkey's Paw by Doug Higley. Both went over great with my audience. I used the Monkey's Paw first to tell the story of The Monkey's Paw. My volunteer was a middle school girl and as she was concentrating on her "wish" in her mind, I told her she needed one more thing - and brought out the Monkey's Paw. Her look of revulsion was classic - in a good way! I draped it around her neck and let her wear it as a necklace, and, since it's fingers are curved, I also had her "hold hands" with it as she continued concentrating. The crowd absolutely loved it in a disturbed kind of way. The perfect reaction - and I still hadn't read her mind yet! Doug really makes some great props and I encourage anyone who has ever wondered about them to go and get one!

The Spirit Telegraph was my grand finale and I had the volunteer up on stage (a grown up) sitting in a chair holding the telegraph in her lap. Prior to this I got a great reaction just by bringing it out in the lovely old box. It just looks plain creepy. So, as my volunteer is concentrating on the spirit we are trying to contact, the little hammer slowly starts vibrating and she is a little freaked out. I then adjust the distance a little on the hammer (it's all part of the routine) so that it will tap and when it finally does, she jumps about an inch of the seat of the chair. The cool thing was, so did half the audience in the room as well! It answered a few questions for us and then she let the spirit leave (but it tapped a few rapid fire taps to say goodbye!). Afterwards, everyone wanted to come up and look at it a little closer and ask questions about the back story.

I would highly recommend both of these props and creators to any who are on the fence about them. I can't wait till Wed and my next show with them! Just wanted to share a great experience I had with them. And both Doug and Tim have some awesome customer service - they will treat you right!

Just thought I'd share.
Chad
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Spirits and Paws (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL