The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Clown VS Dad (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of McAllisterMagic
In the end of it all, at least it was still entertaining!

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/982941/

Your thoughts?

Cheers
Francis McAllister
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Did the clown do anything wrong?
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

I have no clue...
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
The clown's crazy...
McAllisterMagic
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

I think both the dad and clown acted rather immaturely.From what it looks like, the clown snapped at the kids for touching a prop.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
The clown is a bit too loud. Maybe that's what trigger the dad to confront him and later kick him out. The clown must be cursing and swearing outside the house for being in the worst gig of his life ... being kicked out of the house.
Nerdini
View Profile
Loyal user
Little Rock, Arkansas
223 Posts

Profile of Nerdini
Anybody have that clown's phone number? My ex-wife is having a birthday party for one of her spoiled brats next week.
"I was in love with a beautiful blonde once. She drove me to drink; that's the one thing I'm indebted to her for"
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Wow !!. No wonder some kids are afraid of clowns. It's hard to tell what all really happened, but it did appear that both the clown and the dad could of handled things a bit better.
Bob.
Bairefoot
View Profile
Inner circle
1097 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Looks like the kids were touching his props and he yells at them. The dad comes in and it starts from there.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
I have a differnt take on this I think...

I actually side with the Clown (and I hate clowns darn it!)...

From the looks of this video, there is NO parental supervision taking place at this party. The adults are off drinking and having fun or whatever and the Clown was left to perform (and Babysit) a bunch of little brats! When the parents are away, the kids will misbehave b/c they think they CAN and get away with it.

Here's a story of what happened to me. About 12 years ago, I was booked to do a birthday party for 20 kids at a home. I get there, I was ushered to the basement and was told when I was all set up, to let them know and they would send down the kids. Not thinking anything of it, I said,"sure...no worries."

So I let them know I'm ready, the mom comes down with what I would guess is 40-50 kids. She said "ok...they're all yours and goes back upstairs."

My first thought was WTF!!!! I am NOT a babysitter! I also do not want to be alone with 40+ kids in a basement (see Michael Jackson). The kids are totally unruly and will not quiet down. I shouted at the top of my lungs "SHUT UP!!!!! EVERYONE...MAKE A SINGLE FILE LINE IN FRONT OF ME!!!!" we all marched upstairs. Guess what...nobody in the house. ALL the adults were our on the back deck drinking and having their OWN party. I lined up all the kids and informed them that I was not a baby sitter and that I wanted at least 5 adults downstairs with me DURING the show.

I was thrown out of the house for insulting the client. They did not pay me. I sued them and won, got my fee + interest + damages per my contract.

So remember...we don't know the whole story. Did the clown over-react to whatever happend? Maybe...maybe not.
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Wow what a story Christopher!!
Good point...
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Look, if things are not going right all you have to do is pack up your stuff and leave. Anything else is unacceptable. Period.
TRUMPETMAN
View Profile
Special user
Naples, FL
705 Posts

Profile of TRUMPETMAN
Having seen Christopher perform at his restaurent gig, I know him to be a true professional, and a really polite gentleman. I can't imagine how much that babysitting gig must have steamed him ! I am reminded of the classic phrase "you need a license to fish, but not to have kids ". Some parents are just completely out of it. So glad to hear that the legal action was a success.

That clown video has been around for awhile. I remember seeing it last year.

Agent, cool new avatar !

Mark
Mark Pettey
Naples, FL
facebook.com/robbietheringmaster
martin king
View Profile
Elite user
416 Posts

Profile of martin king
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 00:47, lylemagic wrote:
From the looks of this video, there is NO parental supervision taking place at this party. The adults are off drinking and having fun or whatever and the Clown was left to perform (and Babysit) a bunch of little brats! When the parents are away, the kids will misbehave b/c they think they CAN and get away with it.

Here's a story of what happened to me. About 12 years ago, I was booked to do a birthday party for 20 kids at a home. I get there, I was ushered to the basement and was told when I was all set up, to let them know and they would send down the kids. Not thinking anything of it, I said,"sure...no worries."

So I let them know I'm ready, the mom comes down with what I would guess is 40-50 kids. She said "ok...they're all yours and goes back upstairs."

My first thought was WTF!!!! I am NOT a babysitter! I also do not want to be alone with 40+ kids in a basement (see Michael Jackson). The kids are totally unruly and will not quiet down. I shouted at the top of my lungs "SHUT UP!!!!!

For you Mr Lyle, this was a 'one off' event!

When I was performing full time in the UK, this happened EVERY SINGLE TIME without fail! (And until just very recently, I thought it was normal!)

No wonder I finished up hating performing at children's parties.
Christopher Lyle
View Profile
Inner circle
Dallas, Texas
5698 Posts

Profile of Christopher Lyle
Mark...

Thanks for the kind words. Hope life's treating you and your son well!

Martin...

This is why I NO LONGER do Children's Entertainment...well...one of MANY reasons anyhow... = )
In Mystery,

Christopher Lyle
Magician, Comic, Daredevil, and Balloon Twisting Genius
For a Good Time...CLICK HERE!
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
I perform for childrens a lot in past but its a HUGE RESPONSIBILITY...I respect A LOT the children entertainers, but I pass the key!...treat with fathers....MY GOD!
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Clown VS Dad (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL