The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Literally have nothing! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Profile of The Naked Magician
Fellow magic people
whats the best thing to do, when your strolling down the road in your ideal world, the sun is scorching down, the breeze is cool and theres a beautiful girl on your side. and some idiot realises your a magician and asks you to do a trick. CAUGHT of guard. I'm not the kinda guy to say, errr no magic in me today! theres gotta be somthing you can do that's pretty impressive?
Thanks Guys and Gals
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3248 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Use the coins in your pocket.
mmreed
View Profile
Inner circle
Harrisburg, PA
1432 Posts

Profile of mmreed
Always have something you can do...

Carry Extreme Burn in your wallet. that's a great on the fly effect.
Mark Reed
Wedding and Event Entertainment
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Learn to do effects with things you carry and what other people commonly carry.

Visit my IMP (Impromptu Magic Pages) site link below.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
If you can't perform then you have to say no. I always say no because I perform magic on my time and not theirs...makes them appreciate it more.

Or you can say "I'm a guy. I need to recharge...sorry."
Sammy J.
View Profile
Inner circle
Castle Rock, Colorado
1786 Posts

Profile of Sammy J.
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 16:37, mmreed wrote:
Always have something you can do...

Carry Extreme Burn in your wallet. that's a great on the fly effect.

I agree! A powerful effect that is always ready to go. I also make sure I have a silver dollar or half dollar in my pocket for a one coin routine. I also always have Shawn Farquar's torn 2 pieces in my wallet and a mini sharpie in my pocket. Great magic that takes less room than a deck of cards!
Sammy J. Teague
sahunhong
View Profile
Regular user
158 Posts

Profile of sahunhong
Ring flight.
Phil Thomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Newark, Ohio
1117 Posts

Profile of Phil Thomas
Have a couple of rubber bands on your wrist for Crazy Man's Handcuffs or Pinnacle effects. Those are always nice to bust out spur of the moment
"If we lose the sense of the mysterious, life is no more than a snuffed out candle."

Albert Einstein
johnstu
View Profile
Regular user
London
161 Posts

Profile of johnstu
I just keep a deck of cards with me. I have a whole show in my pocket (please disregard and double-entendre)
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Profile of The Naked Magician
Ring flight is one I like to keep with me, then again, I just got a stealth assassin and its a wallet with 20 minutes in it. very pratical I must say!
airship
View Profile
Inner circle
In my day, I have driven
1594 Posts

Profile of airship
Cards in a clip in your hip pocket. Keep 'em set up for a great self-worker and you're set to go, even if you're a bit distracted by the pretty girl at your side.
'The central secret of conjuring is a manipulation of interest.' - Henry Hay
Circus Bambouk
View Profile
Loyal user
Tempe, AZ
256 Posts

Profile of Circus Bambouk
If I have literally nothing, I have at least five minutes of material with my hands and feet. Some 'do-as-I-do' stuff that gets progressively more complex and magical.

What do you ALWAYS have with you? Keys, wallet, cellphone...what can you add to these? How to modify them to insure you always have something?

Ring flight has been mentioned, lots of great wallets available that are fashionable and functional...

Your decision of whether or not to 'perform' in your offtime is a business decision. My haircut is really what you see in the avatar, so that provokes many questions, the answers to which invite even more questions. If I can deliver a powerful 30 second - 2 minute mini show with NOTHING, it's a great reason for me to pass on my business card (which I always have) and invite them to see my full show.

My wallet is not magical, but it is meaningful to me. But my keychain...may deserve an upgrade.

Best wishes,

Brian
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5815 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I can usually do an equivoque effect, with borrowed objects. It really fries people! All I have to borrow is a pen or pencil, a piece of paper or card, and four small objects.

Often times, I'll do a ten count with a couple of coins.
ViperXMagic
View Profile
New user
Canada, QC. Lavaltrie
9 Posts

Profile of ViperXMagic
How about a thumb tip....... it does not take a lot of space in your pocket and you can even go swimming with it and be able to do magic almost naked in the pool if you have too. My opinion is that the thumb tip is the best props. for on the fly, think you got me magic.

ViperX
knibby
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, England
52 Posts

Profile of knibby
Kent would be perfect. Especially coupled with the ideas given by Sean Waters in his e-book, Ponderings (his version is known as K?nt.) With Sean's variation you are able to name the value of a playing card that the spectator only thinks of. Good stuff.

Thanks,
Knibby
Douglas Lippert
View Profile
Inner circle
E Pluribus Unum
2341 Posts

Profile of Douglas Lippert
I would never carry around a deck of cards, rubberbands, or a 3 fly set (too..formal?). That is not impromptu at all and makes you look sad. (no offense)

Coins, keys, cell phones, wallet, paper money, chapstick, basically anything you can borrow (or conveniently but normally have on your person)

If you like mentalism you don't even need to borrow anything but their "thoughts".

There is a great book on impromptu stunts..Garder?
Douglas Lippert
Former I.B.M. Ring #8 Secretary
http://www.facebook.com/Doug.Lippert
bgh13mm
View Profile
New user
Pelham, Alabama
84 Posts

Profile of bgh13mm
I allways have some coins in my pocket.Do some simple slight of hand with the coins or a ring. You can allways learn Sinful(coin in a coke can) very cool trick nothing special, you have to set up very impromptu. You can use some cash to do some tricks also.You can also use Visa,Debit,Bus.cards to do some simple(card tricks).
Red Shadow
View Profile
Inner circle
1781 Posts

Profile of Red Shadow
Body Tricks. There's a book and DVD featuring over 100 tricks using nothing but your body on eBay at the moment, and through my signature...

Steve
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8745 Posts

Profile of harris
I talk about the sign of a vampire...and lenghthen then reduce the length of my ring finger. Recently I added tapping the middle finger to lengthen...then tap the ring finger to shrink it back.

Prior to that, I just used my other hand to make the magic happen.

Another is to pretend to put a rubber band around the spectators extended index fingers. They try to keep them a 1/4 inch apart, but the "band" makes them come back together.

Oh what fun it is to play...

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Quote:
asks you to do a trick. CAUGHT of guard.

A REAL magician is always ready and NEVER caught off guard.

Sounds like you still have a long way to go?

Good luck -
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magic...at a moment's notice! » » Literally have nothing! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL