The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best $100 bill change (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Profile of The Naked Magician
Hey Magic People,
I know this is in the forum all over the place. Just wanted to know for myself, what is the best method in your opinion? Something that looks sweet, and I'm not fond of thumb tips, being a close up magician, I think they can go wrong from time to time!
Anyone know a good how to use a thumb tip for dummies book?

Thanks
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Take a look at John Lovick's 100th Dollar Bill Change from the "Switch" book. It's also on Reel Magic Quarterly vol. 1, episode 1. It's a tipless switch.
Benji Bruce
View Profile
Special user
930 Posts

Profile of Benji Bruce
John Lovick's book is GREAT. The "best" change depends on what you want. For the LONGEST time I thought Hundy, Extreme Burn, etc were the best type of changes because you had 5 bills and changed them all. But then I got tired of everyone saying, "Cool, now can you change my five 1s." They questioned the legitimacy of the change itself. So I switched to a change from John Lovick's book and I always borrow their bill so now they say, "Can I keep it." Its no longer a question of legitimacy; its a question of being able to have it.

The changes are a personal choice but I like to borrow their money so they can't think it is a trick bill. John Lovick's books has plenty of bill changes and plenty of routines so I recommend it.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
The Koslowski manuscript, describing the switch so overdone with a TT also details how to do it tipless.

The best I ever saw was Johnny Paul. He did real magic.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Pete, if it is on a video, please let us know.
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Yeah would love to see a that Pete, I think I may have to get swtich, is the whole book on the one switch?
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Quote:
On 2008-10-15 14:00, The Naked Magician wrote:
I may have to get swtich, is the whole book on the one switch?

The book has many variations of the bill switch. Here's the TOC:

http://magicref.tripod.com/booksjr/lovickswitch.htm
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Does anyone know if you can get a electric download. Like a PDF or an instant download? £40 is a lot of cash and I can’t really wait for it to get here!
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Quote:
On 2008-10-15 15:50, The Naked Magician wrote:
Anyone know if you can get a electric download.. like a PDF or a instant download? £40 is alotta cash and I cant really wait for it to get here!

I don't think there are any downloads available. Looks like you're stuck with the hard copy...and the wait.
Fripsmaster
View Profile
New user
Holland
33 Posts

Profile of Fripsmaster
I've got Switch as well and I love Juan Pablo Bill Switch, because it uses no folding to a small packet whatsoever. Accidently, I also like Doug McKenzie version of Mr. Pablo's Bill switch.

I know, it is on The Original Stand-Up Magic Of Juan Pablo Volume 1. Also, I'm fond of Richard Sanders Visi-bill, because it's so visible.

I collect bill switches, so this book was a must have for me.

:D
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5389 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Chevires new Juan Pablo handling is just out...$20.
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

I hate waiting for books to get here in the mail..
Dynamike
View Profile
Eternal Order
FullTimer
24107 Posts

Profile of Dynamike
Quote:
On 2008-10-15 18:29, Fripsmaster wrote:
I've got Switch as well and I love Juan Pablo Bill Switch, because it uses no folding to a small packet, whatsoever. Accidently, I also like Doug McKenzie of Mr. Pablo's Bill switch.

I collect bill switches, so this book was a must have for me. Smile

Juan Pablo has it on a video as well. It is the fastest bill switch.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3413 Posts

Profile of Julie
John Lovick's favorite no-tip switch is clearly explained on one of the early issues of a Reel Magic Magazine DVD.

Julie
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Julie, have you got a link to that switch by any chance? I could really do with one!
Thanks
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3413 Posts

Profile of Julie
Sorry, I'm not very well-versed on 'puters, but it should not be too difficult to locate the specific "issue". For 10 bucks, each issue is really an incredible value.

Maybe one of our better versed members can direct you...

Julie
Kevin Wiese
View Profile
Regular user
Richmond, Va.
187 Posts

Profile of Kevin Wiese
Quote:
On 2008-10-14 17:47, Kevin Wiese wrote:
Take a look at John Lovick's 100th Dollar Bill Change from the "Switch" book. It's also on Reel Magic Quarterly vol. 1, episode 1. It's a tipless switch.

As mentioned in my first post:

http://www.reelmagicquarterly.com/
The Naked Magician
View Profile
New user
Ashford, Kent
59 Posts

Thanks a lot guys, Switch just got here in the mail, I'll see how it goes in 346 pages time!
dduane
View Profile
Special user
Bridgewater, MA
739 Posts

Profile of dduane
Does anyone like the Juan Hundred Dollar Bill Switch as a great opener? I use it as an opener at resturants. I think it's a real jaw-dropper. Doug McKenzie has a DVD on it. It has many variations that you can be quite creative with. Here's clip:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11Mm5GuC7N0
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
There's no best trick that I discovered, however, the more you learn the greater chance of finding a better one for yourself. Switch the book gives you hundreds of handling...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Best $100 bill change (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL