The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » New "Jill" deck reactions (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Has anyone tried the new Jill deck ? Its more pin-up than naughty but might be fun. Opinions?

Cw

Posted: Oct 17, 2008 1:27pm
http://www.jilldeck.com I think
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
There are definite possibilities. The card stock is good but the finish doesn't allow you to fan the deck. Markings are visible and usable. Gimmicked cards will give you some magic options. Probably most interesting to the guys, queen of clubs with a standard Erdnase that will allow one to make a model seemingly undress. Also, $22 for a deck of cards?

My review: http://magic.about.com/od/magiciansvideo......deck.htm

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
TheAmazingGuy
View Profile
New user
Minneapolis/St. Paul
4 Posts

Profile of TheAmazingGuy
I have a couple of these decks! Fantastic. As far as the "fanning issue" goes, I found that just a touch of fanning powder makes them fan beautifully, and doesn't spoil the finish one bit. $22 a deck may seem like a lot, but they're by a pretty well established artist in the UK, and the quality is extremely good. The cutting on them makes bicycles look like they were cut with a hedge trimmer. Plus, I've seen crap marked decks for that much. With the Jill Deck you get marked cards, gaffed extras, and one of the sexiest decks I've every seen. Great for your "card collection." Personally, I'm using them in my strolling work.
satcom
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of satcom
Very informative review, Wayne.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
Thanks for the info everybody
MagicSanta
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern Nevada
5845 Posts

Profile of MagicSanta
Well shoot, I was going to comment but since Comedy Writer closed it down I won't. I'll just say Wayne is right.
Comedy Writer
View Profile
Special user
594 Posts

Profile of Comedy Writer
No - go ahead. These "new' decks always seem to generate a lot of interest - especially with the teen market
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » New "Jill" deck reactions (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL