The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Two good pitching stories (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2695 Posts

Profile of sethb
Just wanted to share two good pitching stories with everyone.

This past weekend, one youngster told me that he loved magic and had a whole bunch of other magic tricks at home. So as I usually do, I suggested to his Mom that they pay a visit to the local public library and ask for books about magic for kids; that way, he could learn even more tricks and something about the history of magic. The mother looked excited, but the kid looked sad and said, "But Mom, we don't live here!" Then the mother explained that he could go to his own home town's public library. Now there were big smiles!

And in my one fast trip walking through the street festival last weekend, I passed a Kettle Korn concession. The fellow was pitching the stuff and started to tell me how great it was. I have no idea how it popped into my head, but I said "No thanks, I'm with it!" [Carny slang for "I'm with the show," courtesy of Don Driver.]

The guy seemed startled for a few seconds, and then it registered; I knew that he knew what I meant. He smiled and said "OK, no problem!" That was COOL, thanks Don. SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Step right up! » » Two good pitching stories (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL