We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Big moves covering little moves on the street (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

teachersears
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of teachersears
Just wanted to get some thoughts on this. As I'm putting things together, I'm thinking that a lot of thing moves that need to be really pretty in close up can be easily covered on the sidewalk while interacting with people. Seems that getting a little girl to help, asking her name, etc. could easily cover any kind of bill switch I want to do. Talking to the woman who just put her card back in the deck, and making a joke should be more than enough cover for an average (or below) DL. Is this the case? Thanks.
FunTimeAl
View Profile
Special user
987 Posts

Profile of FunTimeAl
Yes.
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3149 Posts

Profile of gaddy
By Jove! I think he's got it!
*due to The Magic Cafe's editorial policies, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
If you're doing an "I'll find your card" trick then its a good idea once they select a card to tell the person, "Show your card to those near you, but don't show me!" I do that in case the person forgets the card s/he chose. It's a bit of an anti-climax when you produce their card and they are unsure that it was the card they picked to start with. On the other hand to the first posting about how to hide a move/pass/DL, I have people on the street who do not concentrate in following a visual trick, such as the Cut and Restored Rope. For example, a friend next to them may distract them by touching them and speaking to them. I have to stop and say, "Look here," or "Pay attention!" or by the end of the trick if they will not have followed they moves the magic would be lost on them.
The presentation makes the magic.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
MigiCol - Simply have the card signed. that's the only way for the street - I believe.

/Ark
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Big moves covering little moves on the street (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL