The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Popular Selection" and "The Write Stuff” (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3200 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I’ve been insanely busy for quite a few months. So busy that, much to my chagrin, I haven’t had a chance to read or post much lately.

That’s why it took me so long to finally read Tony’s two manuscripts, “Popular Selection” and “The Write Stuff.”

Fortunately, the chance came up today, and I am glad I took it.

Popular Selection is a wonderful effect for large audiences. I have a vague recollection of a simple trick that works along similar lines, but Tony has added many “convincers” and subtleties that take things to a highly professional level.

It’s really cool because Tony effectively lays out a template that allows you to customize the presentations to the preferences of any audience.

As examples, Tony provides three fully scripted presentations, and many brief additional presentational ideas (on pg. 23.)

Most of you already own “The Billet Machine,” so I am sure that, by now, a great many of you have already realized that there is an additional convincer that you can use with the “Frankensteins” and “Rembrandts” of “Popular Selection.” Of course, I can’t get into detail regarding Tony’s routine, but, if you don’t already know what I am referring to, different versions (options 1, 3, 4 and 5) of the convincer can be found on pages 7-9 of “The Billet Machine.”

Overall, I think “Popular Selection” is a really cool routine and I highly recommended it if you perform for large audiences.

“The Write Stuff” is an in depth study of a method that, until now, has been relatively unexplored.

It is probably the best and largest work on the subject to date.

Tony teaches multiple approaches, including techniques for both stage and close-up. He also provides various routine ideas, including one fully scripted routine.

I had a brief correspondence with Tony about the “The Write Stuff” method a while back. One of my emails was apparently blocked as spam or something, so it never made it into the book…but I’ll give you guys the gist of it now. Tony teaches something on page 38 of the manuscript that I think could work nicely together with an old Annemann technique. The Annemann (well, I am not sure whether or not it pre-dates Annemann) technique is found in a bunch of routines. My favorite is “Prophecy of the Koran.” However, the most readily available source is “My Own Swami Test” which can be found on pages 127-129 of Practical Mental Effects.

The bottom line is that I think “The Write Stuff” provides the “real work” on a little known and underdeveloped area of mentalism. Unlike “Maximum Involvement,” “The Write Stuff” will take some time to master. However, the possibilities appear so strong that I think it should be well worth the effort. I know I will certainly attempt to learn these promising techniques.

Elliott
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
Elliott:

Thank you so very much for your kind words. You don't know how much they mean to me.

Thank you again.

Tony Iacoviello
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » "Popular Selection" and "The Write Stuff” (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL