The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Power Word: Fall (my Spooky illusion) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
I should be able to use an application to play it (I ordered the combined DVD package anyway- just in case).

Simon
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Hi Matt,
I just downloaded Power Word - Fall.

I have to say I think this is a really fantastic effect. Simple and brilliant, just the way I like it. It's unfortunate that its almost midnight here in Johannesburg because I can't wait to try this out on someone. Maybe I should wake my wife???
Perhaps I can get her to "fall" out of bed?

Jokes aside, I want to congratulate you. This is a totally workable performance piece and I love the fact that you can really perform it in any environment at any time with very little prep work. The cost vs benefit balance is fantastic.

I will post a proper review once I've had a chance to get in front of some innocent bystanders.

Thanks,
Simon
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-10-29 17:56, scolman wrote:
Hi Matt,
I just downloaded Power Word - Fall.

I have to say I think this is a really fantastic effect. Simple and brilliant, just the way I like it. It's unfortunate that its almost midnight here in Johannesburg because I can't wait to try this out on someone. Maybe I should wake my wife???
Perhaps I can get her to "fall" out of bed?

Jokes aside, I want to congratulate you. This is a totally workable performance piece and I love the fact that you can really perform it in any environment at any time with very little prep work. The cost vs benefit balance is fantastic.

I will post a proper review once I've had a chance to get in front of some innocent bystanders.

Thanks,
Simon

Thank you, I am proud of the effect and so happy to get it into the hands of fellow magicians. Best of luck and I look forward to your review. Smile -Matt Sconce
bloodkin
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of bloodkin
scolman
View Profile
Elite user
Cape Town, South Africa
456 Posts

Profile of scolman
Managed to squeeze in an early performance this morning after very little practice.

My review is here: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......tart=0#1

Simon
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
I did not buy the download, but just the DVD and the little extra, so I am on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive. For me it sounds like it is something I can really use, and I have a routine that I believe it will fit perfectly.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-10-30 01:42, Bill Ligon wrote:
I did not buy the download, but just the DVD and the little extra, so I am on pins and needles waiting for it to arrive. For me it sounds like it is something I can really use, and I have a routine that I believe it will fit perfectly.

Bill

I am excited for you to get it! It sounds like people like Power Word: Fall, and I must say I am quite proud of the DVD. I think you will like the creepy menus, music and ease of navigation. Smile -Matt Sconce
constantin
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of constantin
I have another question...what kind of objects can you make fall? only thse with a high centre of gravity? or others too?

hope the question is not too confusing Smile

thanks a lot!
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-10-30 19:23, constantin wrote:
I have another question...what kind of objects can you make fall? only thse with a high centre of gravity? or others too?

hope the question is not too confusing Smile

thanks a lot!

Check out this part of Simon's review to see the answer: Smile -Matt Sconce

Quote:
On 2008-10-30 00:12, scolman wrote:

7. There are some restrictions on the type of objects that can be made to fall. Don't think you can get the television to topple off the cabinet (which is quite fortunate really, or you'd not be able to finish watching the DVD!). The objects need to be relatively small and obviously they must be able to be "toppled". The objects used in the DVD are pens, permanent markers, ping pong balls, cards.
I have experimented with coins (standing on edge), sponge balls, tarot cards (being a bizarrist). I also put a bobbin of sewing thread on the table and got it to roll off the other side. This was particularly cool as I've been working on a story about the cobbler and elves for a kids show...

Simon
constantin
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of constantin
Wow that's weird

I read the review but somehow this part diddnt get through to my brain. shame on me! thanks a lot Smile hopefully its still available by the end of november/beginning of december? hehe I'm broke now *sigh*

thanks a lot and greets Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
No problem Constantin. I hope it is available too! I know what it is like to be broke. Too bad we can't make quarters "Really" come out of our ears huh? I hope you can get this and start to enjoy it soon! Smile -Matt Sconce
constantin
View Profile
New user
Germany
53 Posts

Profile of constantin
Hehehe true true...thats really too bad...on the other hand maybe ill meet a leperchaun in a bar who after ill fight him I will drink and after me showing him a coin trick he will teach me how to do it for real Smile

Hehe I will defiently be able to get it by the end /start of november/december Smile its the waiting that always kills. I have some stuff where delivery is in progress and its like needles and pins every day running to the mailbox Smile

hah another question popped up...if lets say I have a small box on the table (like a minichest or something - I'm thinking there of a Lippencott box) and the lid is open. can I make it shut with your illusion?

thanks a lot and many greets Smile
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-10-31 07:06, constantin wrote:
Hehehe true true...thats really too bad...on the other hand maybe ill meet a leperchaun in a bar who after ill fight him I will drink and after me showing him a coin trick he will teach me how to do it for real Smile

Hehe I will defiently be able to get it by the end /start of november/december Smile its the waiting that always kills. I have some stuff where delivery is in progress and its like needles and pins every day running to the mailbox Smile

hah another question popped up...if lets say I have a small box on the table (like a minichest or something - I'm thinking there of a Lippencott box) and the lid is open. can I make it shut with your illusion?

thanks a lot and many greets Smile

I do not know the details of the box, but if the box has a lid that is balanced between falling closed and standing open, and it light enough, this should be possible. Smile Good luck with that Leprechaun! -Matt
Bill Ligon
View Profile
Inner circle
A sure sign of a misspent youth:
6437 Posts

Profile of Bill Ligon
Mine came today, and I am really impressed with this. It is fabulous and so well thought out that you will have a miracle on your hands. Start a cult, found a religion! Seriously, the thinking behind this is impressive and the method is incredibly beautiful. I have already thought of the outline of a story to be told with this. I believe you can use this as a stand-alone effect or within a larger routine.

To answer in part to Constantin's question, I think the typical Lippencott box has probably too stiff a lid hinge. I could be wrong, but the ones I am familiar with have pretty stiff hinges. Maybe you can loosen one up enough to work.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with this one and I know it will have a permanent place in my repertoire.

Bill
Author of THE HOLY ART: Bizarre Magick From Naljorpa's Cave. NOW IN HARDCOVER! VIEW: <BR>www.lulu.com/content/1399405 ORDER: http://stores.lulu.com/naljorpa
<BR>A TASSEL ON THE LUNATIC FRINGE
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Quote:
On 2008-10-31 15:19, Bill Ligon wrote:
Mine came today, and I am really impressed with this. It is fabulous and so well thought out that you will have a miracle on your hands. Start a cult, found a religion! Seriously, the thinking behind this is impressive and the method is incredibly beautiful. I have already thought of the outline of a story to be told with this. I believe you can use this as a stand-alone effect or within a larger routine.

To answer in part to Constantin's question, I think the typical Lippencott box has probably too stiff a lid hinge. I could be wrong, but the ones I am familiar with have pretty stiff hinges. Maybe you can loosen one up enough to work.

Seriously, you can't go wrong with this one and I know it will have a permanent place in my repertoire.

Bill

I am glad you are enjoying Power Word: Fall, Bill! Let us know of any crazy stories that happen when you perform the effect! Smile -Matt Sconce
MattSconce
View Profile
Special user
654 Posts

Profile of MattSconce
Anyone use this for Halloween? I know Narendra (Ustaad on the forums) used it at for a PK/Seance effect by making a 1.5 inch high IMP bottle with a rounded base fall over. He said it really freaked the spectators out. -Matt Sconce
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Power Word: Fall (my Spooky illusion) (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL