The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My choice for Vodou bones (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Geez I responded this morning. . . where'd it go. . . maybe I "forgot" to hit the submit button, but I don't think so.

Anyway, for drying chicken feet, use 1 box of salt to 1 box of baking soda. Mix them in a bucket and bury the chicken feet in the mixture. Leave the bucket open to the air (if it's closed the moisture cannot escape) for 2-3 weeks. Even well dried, real chicken feet have a shelf life.
What would Wavy do?
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
"Even well dried, real chicken feet have a shelf life." How long a shelf life brother Mark? Will coating with a varnish or other sealant prolong it?

Kotah
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Sealing them would help. Around here, I'd say between one and years without if you're careful with them. It's not too bad, they don't smell bad, they just start to disintegrate. The salt/baking soda is very close to the natron the Egyptian's used for mummification (the things you learn teaching elementary school), but they had a significantly drier climate than most folks here in the US and mummified Egytians have a better internal structure than a chicken's foot. Summer's in VA run around 80% relative humidity on a nice day and significantly higher in late July/early August. I'm sure that's higher than where you are Ron, but not by too much, I'm thinking.

I'm not sure what a good sealant would be. . . but a varnish might do the trick. I'll have to do some reading up and see what I can find. Something that would retard exposure to air and moisture would be good, but something not so thick that the feet end up shiny.

You're still first on my list when I "do the deed" but it's not something I really look forward to doing. Chickens have this unnerving ability to suddenly look cute and loving when you're holding a sharp tool. Little bast@rds.

And may I add, that unlike the eggs, home raised chickens do not taste as good as the lovely, plump, anonymous birds you buy in the grocery store.

Okay, that's probably too much information.

Mark
What would Wavy do?
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Strange. maybe its cuz I use ghetto chickens, but I got feet sittin around from years, an they dry, not brittle, no smell, an still creep people out with ease...

hmphhh.....

this thread rocks.
Mark Rough
View Profile
Inner circle
Ivy, Virginia
2110 Posts

Profile of Mark Rough
Nah, I think your's are just fumigated. It's the cigars. Or something. . . Heh, heh, heh.
What would Wavy do?
matt straightedge
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of matt straightedge
I don't understand why animal bones are so creepy to people. I mean people are barbaric enough to cut the animal apart and put pieces of its bloody flesh in their mouths so why do people find its bones creepy?
personally id shoot a motherf*****r before I killed an animal. especially to use its bones in some magic effect. but that's just me.
why not be a real creep and buy human bones?? theyre all over ebay and worth the hundred bucks youd spend on them. and far more bizarre.
Revolutionary but gangster
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Babba, Ghetto chickens ?on't somepeople call them pigeons?Othing wrong woth squab.
Mark the chicken thing reminded me of a performer at FISIM years ago ; who controlled the chicks he produced via cups and balls routine by snapping their tiny legs. I Remember his name, but will not repeat it here.

Kotah
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra

My chicken for guillotine trick ....
Undone
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
54 Posts

Profile of Undone
Thanks for all the tips on foot care everyone Smile Much appreciated.
KOTAH
View Profile
Inner circle
2290 Posts

Profile of KOTAH
Your chicken is a duckling. I guess" duck" is what he says as the blade is coming down.
beyrevra
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of beyrevra
Quote:
On 2008-10-22 10:21, KOTAH wrote:
Your chicken is a duckling.

Oops Yes it’s a duckling, a male, sorry for the mistake because my English is catastrophic
Gede Nibo
View Profile
Inner circle
2447 Posts

Profile of Gede Nibo
Quote:
On 2008-10-22 04:05, beyrevra wrote:

My chicken for guillotine trick ....

HAHAHAHA!

AN KOTAH --YEP, pigeons....hahaha..............I was waitin for someone to reveal my secrets........
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » My choice for Vodou bones (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL