The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Pom pom stick (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMikeMartin
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of MagicMikeMartin
I have a pom pom stick and wonder when enough is enough. Each crowd is different, but what is a good rule of thumb for this effect?

Any recommendations on patter?
Wayne Kawamoto
View Profile
Regular user
164 Posts

Profile of Wayne Kawamoto
This trick is one that I started with in my first kid show, and it's the only trick that still remains to this day. I'm on my third stick and have only used the basic routine that comes with the instructions. But after this many performances, I've customized the basic routine with my own jokes and such.

The beauty of the Pom Pom stick is that there are so many options because you can put different props on the stick. I've seen routines with plumbing faucets, drain plugs and such. I recall a routine published in "Linking Ring" once that had a Dr. Seuss theme and objects. The possibilities are endless. However, I can vouch for the basic "this is what I'm doing" style patter, "I pull the red pom pom which is the high pom pom, which...."

I introduce the stick and show the long and short strings. I pull the lower pom poms to show that they affect each other. I go through the "grand revolution," twice but with different patter, pull the stick apart, reconnect them and then go through the "grand revolution" to end. It's the basic routine that has worked well for me and allows for some building and a climax.

-Wayne
www.Magic.About.com - Magic News and Reviews
Author: "Picture Yourself As a Magician"
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2861 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Check out David Ginn's Pom Pom sticks routine on "the Pom Pom Pole" on http://www.youtube.com, it is also on his 50 mini magic movies on DVD that he puts out: http://www.davidginnmagic.com. A fast, to the point routine, done very well.
MagicMikeMartin
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of MagicMikeMartin
Excellent, thank you for the ideas. I like David Ginn's stuff and will definitely check it out.
MagicBus
View Profile
Inner circle
Kalamazoo, Michigan
2861 Posts

Profile of MagicBus
Thanks. At http://www.youtube.com, type in David Ginn Magic in the search box. Then scroll down I believe it is to #25, the "Pom Pom Pole." David does a fast version of a miniature Pom Pom set, very nicely done.
jtb
View Profile
Regular user
122 Posts

Profile of jtb
Is there any video of the Ali Bongo routine or is there a book that has it?

I have heard about it for some time and would like to actually know what it was.

Thanks.

John B.
bobn3
View Profile
Special user
Wichita, KS
718 Posts

Profile of bobn3
I only use Pete Biro's Plumber's Stick now, and developed my own routine. When I messaged Pete to put up a video on Stevens Magic's website online catalog, he said he didn't have one, so I videoed mine. Pete messaged me back to say he liked my routine better than his. I have used this in all my shows, and it gets laughs even before the routine starts just from the way it looks.

Bob Phillips
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Pom pom stick (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL