The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Williamson's Wonders (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
I hear Greg Wilson constantly crediting this book. I've looked through the table of contents but I wondering if anyone owns it and would like to let me know what they think of the effects. Is it worth seeking out?
Chris Harland
"No WAY...wait...do that again."
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
It's awesome.

Great cups and balls routine, some excellent card stuff, some excellent coin stuff. It's got some quick tricks and some longer formal routines. You'll find stuff to use in it.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Pavlo
View Profile
Veteran user
Poland
306 Posts

Profile of Pavlo
I just bought the book and actually haven't tried the routines on the public yet. Little too thin, but a lot of people were saying only good things about it. If you guys could recommend the best reaction getter from this book please post it here.
Thanks a lot,
Pawel
elie brown
View Profile
New user
87 Posts

Profile of elie brown
You should check:
-Money talk (not for beginners)
-51 cards to pocket (a great kicker at the end)
-The cups and balls
-The hypnotize routine
Scott F. Guinn
View Profile
Inner circle
"Great Scott!" aka "Palms of Putty" & "Poof Daddy G"
6586 Posts

Profile of Scott F. Guinn
This is an outstanding book, and well worth your attention!
"Love God, laugh more, spend more time with the ones you love, play with children, do good to those in need, and eat more ice cream. There is more to life than magic tricks." - Scott F. Guinn
My Lybrary Page
felix
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of felix
The Flicking Fingers also credit David Williamson a lot in their(the) book. By the way The Book by the Flicking Fingers is very good. I know that The Book is overlooked in the USA, but you won`t be sorry. The Book is full of great magic and great thoughts.

Yours Felix
phonic69
View Profile
Special user
560 Posts

Profile of phonic69
Some lovely card work, some tough coin work and some of the most original effects outside of AoA. I just love the idea of getting the signature to peel off the card, clever!

Buy it!

Smile
Gidon
View Profile
New user
Tacoma, Wa
80 Posts

Profile of Gidon
I can't seem to find it online...can anyone recommend a place to buy from?
Chris Harland
"No WAY...wait...do that again."
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
This is a great book. The cups and balls routine is outstanding. You´ll also learn some fine and elegant ways to incorporate a wand in your magic. I live in France and am reading it in French. It´s still great. Buy it.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
Tommy Brown
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of Tommy Brown
A wonderful book. I liked his Torn and Restored Transposition and 51 Cards to Pocket, ending with the spectator's signature peeling off.
Larry Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Boynton Beach, FL
5270 Posts

Profile of Larry Davidson
Quote:
On 2003-04-18 10:57, Pavlo wrote:
...Little too thin....

So is a $100 bill, but that doesn't mean it's not valuable.
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Williamson's Wonders is a GRRRRRRRRR8 book, well worth to buy, loan or steal : )
Many, many exelent routines; Money Talks, The hypnotist, and The Gold Cups are my personal favourites.
After a long abcens from the magic world, it seems that Mr Williamson finally have returned, hopefully to stay.

"..... Little too thin ....." 96 pages seems little, but the effects in those pages are gold!
Pictured to the left my hero and me during FISM 2006 in Stockholm.
marky707
View Profile
Regular user
138 Posts

Profile of marky707
What is the effect in the The hypnotize routine
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
"...display a red-backed deck and a blue-backed card, which is pushed into the center. The spectator selects any card by looking only at the faces, and it proves to be the one with the blue back. This is repeated with an different spectator, and afterward the back of every single card in the deck turns blue."
Mr Williamson's patter story about hypnosis makes this effect hillarious.

Definatly a book to look out for. You might wanna try Michael Canick Booksellers in NY for a copy.
http://www.canick.com
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
I checked the Website http://www.canick.com and I believe it was $100 + s&h. I've got an extra copy, that's in good shape, I'll sell you for $30.
Steve Smile
canick
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of canick
Quote:
On 2003-10-22 06:01, sdgiu wrote:
I checked the Website http://www.canick.com and I believe it was $100 + s&h. I've got an extra copy, that's in good shape, I'll sell you for $30.
Steve Smile

Sorry to vent here, but this misrepresentation really peeves me. The book we offer is a pristine 1st Edition in a dust jacket, inscribed by BOTH Williamson & Kaufman (the author). Is this what you're offering for $30? BTW, the book is back in print for $35 and I'd be glad to order one of these for anyone here who wants one.
Best,
Michael

* Michael Canick Booksellers, L.L.C.
* 200 East 82nd Street, #3B
* New York, NY 10028
* Phone: (212) 585-2990
* Fax: (212) 585-2986
* E-Mail: canick@panix.com
* By Appointment.
* Specializing in Rare, Used & New Magic.
* Book Search Service & Appraisals in All Fields.
* Catalogs Issued.

Quote:
Steve Smile

PS. Our copy sells for $75.
Michael Canick
Peo Olsson
View Profile
Inner circle
Stockholm, Sweden
3260 Posts

Profile of Peo Olsson
Thanks for the input Michael, I think $75 is a bargain for such a wonderfull book, and its signed by both Williamson and Kaufman!! Go get yer copies guys, what are you waiting for.

Smile
nalu_magic
View Profile
Loyal user
Paradise
297 Posts

Profile of nalu_magic
Are there any overlap between Dave's videos (Sleight of Dave) and his book? Are all the all the routines in his videos taken from his book?
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
This is one of my favorite books along with Carneycopia. I think he has one of the best cups and balls routines out there.
sdgiu
View Profile
Elite user
The Boonies, NC
456 Posts

Profile of sdgiu
[quote]On 2003-10-24 13:48, canick wrote:
Quote:
Steve Smile

Sorry to vent here, but this misrepresentation really peeves me. The book we offer is a pristine 1st Edition in a dust jacket, inscribed by BOTH Williamson & Kaufman (the author). Is this what you're offering for $30? BTW, the book is back in print for $35 and I'd be glad to order one of these for anyone here who wants one.
Best,
Michael

* Michael Canick Booksellers, L.L.C.
* 200 East 82nd Street, #3B
* New York, NY 10028
* Phone: (212) 585-2990
* Fax: (212) 585-2986
* E-Mail: canick@panix.com
* By Appointment.
* Specializing in Rare, Used & New Magic.
* Book Search Service & Appraisals in All Fields.
* Catalogs Issued.

I am having a hard time writing this, your statement made me angry. So far I have had to go back and remove/change several things, because they were unkind, true, but unkind, and I am trying not to be petty. The following is my statement.

canick, when I clicked on the link, the first time, I was sent to a link that advertised the book for $100 plus S&H.
I did NOT misrepresented the Facts.

When I just now read your statement, I decided to go back and recheck my facts. When I clicked on the Link, I was mysteriously taken to a "completely different advertisement" for the Book.

I did NOT misrepresent anything. I put down the facts as I had found them. It would have been utterly useless and ignorant to misrepresent the Facts, especially with them being so easily checked. I assure you that I am neither ignorant, nor fraudulent, and I resent the implications.

I am sure you have a very nice product, and it may be worth the price you ask, to a collector. The book I offered is for people to read, I believe that was the tone of this whole posting.

I am not sure if my copy is a First ed., and I don't believe it was autographed. It is packed in storage at present, so I cannot check at this moment. But it does have a dust jacket, and it is in very good condition. Good enough condition to ask a higher price than I am. However, I am not a professional bookseller anymore, and have less overhead, so I can sell for less, still make a small profit, AND give people a bargain.

I didn't know it was back in print, that's good. Dave Williamson is great. Hope he and Mr Kaufman write more books.

Steve Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Williamson's Wonders (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL