The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Different sized jumbo decks? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
I've just got my first jumbo deck -- Bicycle backs. I bought it to fit inside my Mikame double flap drawer box, but ---aaargh! --- the cards are too long. Are there different sized jumbo decks? Is a giant anglo deck slightly smaller than a jumbo deck?

Excuse my ignorance here--as I said, this is my first jumbo deck. I'm really pleased with the quality of the Bicycle jumbos, but I need a deck to fit the box.

Thanks.

Geoffrey
"I suggest you watch very carefully..."
mrunge
View Profile
Inner circle
Charleston, SC
3716 Posts

Profile of mrunge
I don't know about the size, but check your local dollar store for jumbo decks. Although not bicycle brand, you can't beat them for a buck!

Mark.
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Thanks Mark, good advice.

G
Billgussen
View Profile
Elite user
Central Japan
497 Posts

Profile of Billgussen
Although I think Bicycle jumbo decks come in only one size, there are all sorts of sizes for jumbo cards out there. There is a 100-Yen Store (the Japanese equivalent of a dollar store) deck that is very popular among Japanese magicians because of the visibility and the low price. It's about 3-quarters the size of the Bicycle jumbos. Also, Ton Onosaka makes a bunch of jumbo card tricks from a stock I haven't seen here (around Nagoya) but are probably readily available in the Tokyo/Yokohama area which is where Mikame is based. They're just slightly smaller than the Bicycles. Your Mikame drawer box may have been made with one of those in mind.

Bill
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Thanks, Bill, I think you're probably right there. I'll start hunting. I appreciate the advice.

Geoffrey
aktino
View Profile
New user
86 Posts

Profile of aktino
As I mentioned in another thread, try cards4magic.co.uk
Levity
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Levity
Thanks, Aktino, will do.

Geoffrey
sadhu1
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of sadhu1
I decided to make my own "large" slim card boxes out of heavy cardboard stock. Its suits me better.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Does anyone know the exact dimensions of the Mikame Craft Double Flap Drawer Box? I too am having problems with cards being 'too' jumbo!
Mister Mystery
DavidK
View Profile
New user
Australia
91 Posts

Profile of DavidK
I just measured my Mikame Craft Double Flap Drawer Box and the drawer inner measurements are 12cm (4.72inches) x 17cm (6.69inches).

Hope that helps.

David
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hi guys,

For whatever it's worth, Mel Babcock (Magic House of Babcock) makes beautiful jumbo card boxes, both locking and not locking.

If you need a particular size you might consider talking with him about making the exact size you need.

Julie
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Different sized jumbo decks? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL