The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matthew j dowden - The Ultimate Phone Prediction (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

daviaac
View Profile
Veteran user
351 Posts

Profile of daviaac
Here's the blurb

By Matthew J. Dowden and RSVP Magic

Any Card, the magician never touches them and yet someone on the other side of the world tells them where their card is from the top of the deck... Simply amazing... A REPUTATION MAKER.

Just take a moment to click of the movie player above to watch this performed live by Matthew J. Dowden outside the headquarters of the world famous Magic Circle.

Just use a completely regular ungimmicked deck!

The spectator really can choose ANY card. No forces or switches!

The magician never needs to touch the cards!

Plays to any size crowd, as the deck can be passed around through the routine.

No software, images or files need to be installed!

luke
- the secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I watched this and it drew great interest also. The "Phone Wizard" effect is a classic, but I think this looks like a nice little one if your ever stuck. I'll be purchusing it soon and will write a review of it.

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
mgclmystrymn
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of mgclmystrymn
There is a review of this plus a number of others here
http://www.xmission.com/~zerowc/reviews/0709dowden.html

Bob
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
This is such a classic of magic brought into the 21st century. The origional method, I'm sure most know. However, now it is not only simpler but the imact is twice as strong. This is essentially an any card at a random position which is determined by a stranger on the other end of the line.

The video is short but to the point. It's pretty stright forward. The "of hands" method is simple but soooo genious. It plays very storng to audiences and can be done very quickely.

The reason I like this version is it can be dressed up for most any occasion. It's quite easily adapted to stage performances as well as street, parlour or just for family. The only slight downside is you do need someone else to be involved but I'm guessing most realised that already.

I think this could open more possabilities then first thought.

9/10 and one I would definatly pick up for that price!

JamieD
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
D J Hawkins
View Profile
Veteran user
Reading, UK
351 Posts

Profile of D J Hawkins
I assume this is the effect that is featured on Matthews recent DVDs of impromptu card magic. Would that though you'd be better off getting the DVD which features several other effects as well.
David Hawkins

djhawkins2014@gmail.com
gitty
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria
871 Posts

Profile of gitty
It's really so easy that even I can do that card-trick!

Instant download for just $9.50.
http://www.magicshop.co.uk/p3123/Ultimat......nfo.html
WALTHER
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

Just to let you know, that this is not a new routine released by Matthew, but one featured on our rsvpmagic DVD set "1 deck... 14 Tricks... 24 Hours".

Best,
Russ
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This one looks good. Any more reviews? Matthew Dowden is a great performer and he makes magic fun.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
The two volumes of "1 deck... 14 Tricks... 24 Hours" are GREAT. VERY easy but well thought out and strong magic. I just used two of the items from one of these DVDs today on a pretty knowledgeable fellow magician and fooled him badly. These DVDs are highly recommended.

Tim
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Thanks Tim! It's "Ultimate Phone Prediction" and not
"Magic Dave's Psychic Hotline" on the DVD?
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Tim Trono
View Profile
Inner circle
1114 Posts

Profile of Tim Trono
I have to be honest that when these DVDs came out a year ago I overlooked them. I am a big fan of Matthew's work from Party Animal but I just assumed since these were designed to be easy to do effects they would not be as strong... how wrong I was. When I read about the "Ultimate Phone Prediction" on this thread I became curious and finally took out and watched these DVDs. They are fabulous. On Vol. 1 there are 3 effects that are HUGE winners... Compatibility Test, Listen Ear, and Ultimate Phone Prediction. On Volume 2 Sole Survivor, Ahead of the Game, and Out of This World are also stand outs. Don't make the mistake I made and overlook these just assuming they are not as strong as they are designed to be easy. These are now amongst my favorite DVDs. The DVDs are also exceptionally produced. There are great performances in the streets of London. It's a fun watch. The material can be learned very quickly but is extremely well thought out. Even as I was watching these I kept saying "great idea, great idea". Recommended.

Tim

PS Magic Dave's Psychic Hotline is also on Volume 1 but The Ultimate Phone Prediction is MUCH stronger.
andrelimantara
View Profile
Special user
Surabaya, Indonesia
871 Posts

Profile of andrelimantara
Yup you can find it in his latest dvd....

and it's great

great reaction

Cheers
Andre
"Good performance comes from good practice, Great performance comes from the heart - Andre Limantara"
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I just bought the download and it rocks, very cool effect.

If you are a little hesitant sometimes to start an effect for a group, do this one.

You cannot go wrong here, it's almost foolproof.
Lseeyou
View Profile
Inner circle
1271 Posts

Profile of Lseeyou
This 2 Dvd's are great! Simple and strong effects.
muroni
View Profile
New user
france
25 Posts

Profile of muroni
Thank you Tim for your post .
I really enjoyed party animal and think seriously about getting those two ...
Easy to do is not a bad thing to me ...
The reactions that you can get is EVERYTHINGS ...
M.
T.G Kenny
View Profile
Loyal user
Malaysia
243 Posts

Profile of T.G Kenny
Must it be cards? Can I ask them to imagine theres a deck of playing card in their hand right now, and "pick" a card mentally?

Thanks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Matthew j dowden - The Ultimate Phone Prediction (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL