The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Godfather 1 or 2? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Lobo, that's a great movie. that first speech by baldwin is pure acting. you know what it takes to sell real estate? it takes...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-AXTx4PcKI&feature=related
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
I totally agree Lobo! Been ages since I've seen it so I may just have to rent it this weekend!
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10726 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Father thank you ...Mickey where is your loyalty?
Lobo use to be loyal but ever since he passed the bar he forgot the Godfather.
Chrystal the godfather hasen't spoke to you for along time I hope it wansn't our time in Sicily together ??/...
the godfather
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Chrystal
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada/France
1552 Posts

Profile of Chrystal
Thanks Mickey!

Vinnie!! You're unforgetable. Sicily! Of course I remember...
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2008-10-24 02:50, vinsmagic wrote:
Chrystal the godfather hasen't spoke to you for along time I hope it wansn't our time in Sicily together ??/...
the godfather

Vinnie, I'm gonna fly in from the tip of the boot and kiss the ring soon! Like Michael Corleone, even when I've been away, The Family is still The Family.

Con tutto rispetto...
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-10-24 02:50, vinsmagic wrote:
the godfather

ah, the godfather himself!!!! It is helpful to have friends in powerful places. I hope your first child is a masculine child.

ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2746 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
I remember they ran both films on television as a "miniseries" by starting with the first part of #2, going to #1 then where Michael takes on the mantle of the Godfather, they ran the second half of #2! (I don't think they went as far as running #3, but I could be wrong.)

It was fascinating to watch.

I like #2 because I like the flashback sequence as to how Vito Correlone got to where he was. I also liked watching De Niro develop the character traits Brando set up as the older character. (Same thing watching the guy who played the younger Obi Wan in the "third" movie developing the moves that Alec Guiness had shown in the "fourth" film!)
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3169 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Leave the gun, take the canolis.
Nothing Personal-Strictly Business
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
***Mickey where is your loyalty?***

Vin,
By keeping the other families confused about my loyalty I feel it makes me a stronger asset to the one and ONLY true Famiglia! Smile

Mick
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2008-10-24 15:37, ed rhodes wrote:
I remember they ran both films on television as a "miniseries" by starting with the first part of #2, going to #1 then where Michael takes on the mantle of the Godfather, they ran the second half of #2! (I don't think they went as far as running #3, but I could be wrong.)

It was fascinating to watch.

I like #2 because I like the flashback sequence as to how Vito Correlone got to where he was. I also liked watching De Niro develop the character traits Brando set up as the older character. (Same thing watching the guy who played the younger Obi Wan in the "third" movie developing the moves that Alec Guiness had shown in the "fourth" film!)

I might be wrong, but I think this is called the "USA" version, a style set up for the tv station. they ran it out of sequence, and place it correctly timewise. they also placed in a lot of deleted scenes, such as- one of Michaels bodyguards (the one who betrayed him in italy) is seen living in america, owing a pizza place. he blows up.

many people wish this version was available for purchase.

Sorceress
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sorceress
Speaking of Scarface, Just saw the 2 hour long COCAINE COWBOYS (which comes on Showtime late Halloween night or early morning the next day) and it is all about the influx of Colombian and Cuban cocaine into Miami during the 1970's and 1980's and the resulting drug wars that led to years of 500+ people being killed on the streets in the most dangerous place on earth at the time. It interviews the smugglers, dealers, police and killers and is fascinating. It shows how much money came into Miami, how banks and business came in to support the hundreds of millions constantly coming into the economy and how the drug wars and killings ended it all and businesses folded and Miami was left in a state of depression, Until the TV Show, Miami Vice began to be filmed there. Hollywood would paint and refurbish the locations for the sets and suddenly the very rich of Miami realized that it was a good idea to invest in the cities real estate and overnight money was pumped back in and the city went from looking like Detroit to the rich international city we see today. I don't if you can rent this at a place like Block Busters but it is certainly worth renting if you can. It was fascinating. We didn't leave our chairs or really even look at one another much or chat during the show, it was so interesting. You should see this if you can! Part of the show even compared what happened in Miami to the gangster days in the 1920's and the Mafia and concluded it was MUCH more violent and there was more money that the Mafia could have even imagined. We'd like to see it again.
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
1875 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Did they mention a Mr. Pablo Escobar? Great book about him and his death by Mark Bowden, "Killing Pablo". At one point he was on Fotunes richest 50 people world-wide list. The book goes into our governments role in the death of escobar.

I am straying off my own topic, again.

Sorceress
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sorceress
Yes, they did but they said that people believe he was the leader, but actually it was the old man of the Mediin family who ran everything! You HAVE to see this show if you can find it. It was GREAT! Really fascinating. It was really rough and tough in Miami. People there now talk with pride about surviving it. For a few years the news didn't think it was news unless the killing were of 5 or 6 people, one or two didn't make the news, whole houses full of people had to be wiped out. They talked about how it started, dealers going from selling too much pot to cocaine and how they couldn't get enough cocaine from the Cubans to meet the demand, so they met the Colombians and started bringing that in. Then the Colombians (Mediin family) started sending their own people up to Miami, illegal immigrants and filled up the town with these people to do the selling and dealing and killing and then a former Colombian Prostitute started killing the competition (Cubans) en masse and the Mediins gave her a pass to keep wiping out the Cuban competition UNTIL these Cocaine Cowboys made the killing so horrendous that the FEDS had to come in and they cleaned it up much the same way the Brits did with their outlaw gangs, killing them on the street or locking them up. Then the Colombian prostitute tried to move the whole operation to California but she killed a family member in order to keep the money from a sale and that was the end of it basically. This was a REALLY interesting show. You've got to see if you can get it.
Matt Watts
View Profile
Regular user
189 Posts

Profile of Matt Watts
The First is beter due to the fact that it started it all.The second one was good though.
Sorceress
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sorceress
I left out the name of one Colombian family. The TWO families that ran the business were the Mediin and Ochoa families, but old man Mediin was the Godfather mastermind. (The names are pronounced Meddy-een, and Oh-ChO-uh.) The Prostitute who moved the operation to California killed an Ochoa family member and then the Colombians killed her sons and later her. Very detailed and fascinating history.
Sorceress
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Sorceress
BTW, I do know about Killing Pablo. I thought he was the head honcho until I saw this film. They interviewed one of the dealers and he talked about money and what was coming into Miami dwarfed Escobar's operation. He personally dealt with hundreds of millions of dollars and threw away $50 million. I can't remember what the figures were with Escobar, but if you look at the skyline of Miami, it was built from the cocaine trade. They said MORE money was going through the Fed bank in Miami than through ALL the Fed Banks Combined! Think of that. The Colombians had about 100,000 Colombian nationals IN Miami illegally, selling for the 2 families! Escobar was not in charge of 100,000 Colombians, but the Mediin and Ochoa ran it.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
3988 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I think the TV movie spliced together from I and II was called, "The Godfather Saga" if I remember right.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Funny little Godfather-inspired news item, that was in the news this past week:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnew......eat.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Godfather 1 or 2? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL