The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What should the next rank be? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Quote:
On 2008-10-27 02:22, Dynamike wrote:
LOL
Good one Candin. Smile

I'm satisfied with every post I have because it pleases a member with the help and support I assisted. I am glad to see another smile on each person's face.

...wow, L2humble
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
One high poster may be satisfied.However,it is the satisfaction of the recipients[or invisible recipients] that is all important.

All high posters to a fault,are not concerned with Numbers and or Titles...well almost all.
satcom
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of satcom
Next rank should be... nothing, just a blank space. Let the people awe at the amount of posts.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Quote:
On 2008-10-25 02:39, Dynamike wrote:
What should the name of the next rank be after 90,000?

New user 1 - 100
Regular user 101 - 200
Loyal user 201 - 300
Veteran user 301 - 400
Elite user 401 - 500
Special user 501 - 1000
Inner circle 1001 - 10000
Eternal Order 10001 - 90000

How about "High and revered mystic Poobah and grand panjandrum of the royal order of holy and exalted sorcerers of the knightly priesthood of the universal all seeing eye of Kabala?"
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Sometimes I'm tempted to consider a setup where anyone who wants can set the title - that way one could get pretty quick feedback and approval ratings from "spell checker needed" to "grumpy" to "guru" depending. Just an idea.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Justin Style
View Profile
Inner circle
2010 Posts

Profile of Justin Style
Is high post count susposed to equal high IQ? So what's the real motivation and care about reaching a number that means jack squat? Are people going to think you are a magic authority? Knowledgeable magic historian? Or they going to feel sorry for you because you spend all your time on a stupid magic forum? What is your real contribution to the art of magic?

In my opinion you just look sad and sorry. Good luck on reaching 10,000 posts. Now you can run around and tell all your friends(?) how important you are.

Would you make as many (meaningless) posts if there was NO count? I think they should do away with a post count all together, it's stupid and the only ones who care about such are losers. So, is that what you really are...a loser? Reminds me of the same loser that has to ask the audience to applause, "hey come on folks, how bout a little applause!?"

For people like you, I have a special price for my bike tour! Sign up now while space is available.
Patrick Differ
View Profile
Inner circle
1540 Posts

Profile of Patrick Differ
I suggest the highest rank be "Voyager."

As in...

Voyager... there are no bridges. One builds them as one goes.
Will you walk into my parlour? said the Spider to the Fly,
Tis the prettiest little parlour that ever you did spy;
The way into my parlour is up a winding stair,
And I've a many curious things to show when you are there.

Oh no, no, said the little Fly, to ask me is in vain,
For who goes up your winding stair
-can ne'er come down again.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Truth is, those of us who linger in this corner of the Café don't have to much worry about our post count going up any time soon....
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Wizzard of Knar!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Rank of Drazziw?
gaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Agent of Chaos
3528 Posts

Profile of gaddy
Poor Dynamike... His post count keeps going DOWN now! It's like the Florida recount all over again!
*due to the editorial policies here, words on this site attributed to me cannot necessarily be held to be my own.*
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
Delusionist
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Considering the achievements some magicians advertise on their websites (member in good standing of some ring, member of the Magic Castle, winner of Grand Champion 1842 Peoples Republic of Korea Kim Jong-il Memorial Magic Competition) perhaps a high number of posts could be used to sell shows or lectures. Certainly the OP would be well qualified to lecture on the various ways of saying 'Thank you - that was an interesting post.'

Destiny
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What should the next rank be? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL