The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Interesting CD for background music (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sethb
View Profile
Inner circle
The Jersey Shore
2700 Posts

Profile of sethb
I happened to stumble upon a very interesting CD yesterday, and thought it might be of interest to some folks here at the Café’.

It’s called “Songs That Made the Flappers Cry.” This is a collection of a dozen sentimental 1920’s ballads like “Diane,” "Some Sweet Day," "Charmaine," “Jeannine I Dream of Lilac Time," and “Forgive Me.” Click HERE for more info. They are performed without vocals, by a solo piano, with violin and cello accompaniment. In my opinion, any of these pieces could be a very effective background piece for a magic routine, and would certainly be something different from the run-of-the-mill stuff now in use. But of course, it would depend on the performer and what is being performed.

By the way, the pianist is Johnny Maddox, better known as “Crazy Otto” for his fast and furious ragtime performances in the early 1950’s. In 1955 Maddox recorded "The Crazy Otto Medley," under the persona Otto der Schrage. It spent 14 weeks at #2 and became the first million-selling ragtime 45 rpm record, eventually selling more than two million copies.

This recording of ballads was originally made in 1978, and was not released until 2006. I thought it was really quite good, well done, and deserving of some attention and possible use. Take a listen and see what you think! SETH
"Watch the Professor!!" -- Al Flosso (1895-1976)
"The better you are, the closer they watch" -- Darwin Ortiz, STRONG MAGIC
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » F/X » » Interesting CD for background music (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL