The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Do you have any questions about Billiard Ball manipulation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Joshua:

I certainly won’t cover Mr. Risers routine and anyone interested in it should get his book. That said, many manipulative routines can be performed close-up if the magician knows which move to omit.

Dave:

Once all the research and practice is done, I will record it all and only then will I know how many discs it will take for this project. There is no way I can possibly explain all of this on a single DVD. But as this point the total number of DVDs is unknown.

P.S. Thanks for your kind comment!!

John:

I probably won’t be doing the ball and cone, because in my opinion it falls primarily into a handheld cup and ball or chop cup type of effect.

Joshua:

I love color changes and I’ll do my best to put some in.

Amado:

Yes, there will be a ton of history and if you have ever seen any of my DVDs, you will know that there is always a pretty big bibliography at the end. The think the bibliography/credits at the end of the Misers Dream DVD set ran about 3 minutes long!

Please keep the comments coming!

Levent (flying out tomorrow to a gig)
travisb
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
533 Posts

Profile of travisb
Thoughts on how to end a routine if not performing to music is something I'd like to see. In fact a survey of various presentational approaches would be interesting and useful.

One thing I liked in Benson by Starlight was how you helped me to realize the essence of several classic tricks; you identify, in very specific, concrete ways, what makes certain tricks work. For example, in the Miser's Dream section, the importance of sound, of dumping out the coins, and various other bits that make the trick work well. Or the bit about the number of rings in a linking ring routine. Or the part about the right way to produce the balls in a billiard routine, and the importance of size. These things you describe, although perhaps not to be taken as dogma, can make a big impact on the performance. I personally have used many of the tips on the Miser's Dream, and have found they make the trick play better. So: what are the key elements that make this trick play for real audiences? What makes it succeed or fail? What do audiences like about this trick? Why do you perform it? What makes it worth performing? I'd enjoy hearing your answers to those questions.

-Travis

P.S. Thanks for writing Benson by Starlight, it's a treasure!
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Thanks Travis!

I am hoping that shooting the billiard ball DVD does hurt my fingers as much as miser's dream DVD did!

I am still quite a few months away from shooting this and am deep in the research phase.

Levent (on a plane to Antigua)
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3009 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
This is going to be great!

I agree with the other posts. As has been mentioned, a section on close-up routining would be nice. And of course, any insights into hiding the shell, since anyone who has any familiarity with magic at all knows about the shell gimmick and will be looking for it. That's one thing I liked about Mark Wilson's DVD on the multiplying balls - he does a phenomenal job of hiding the gimmick even when you're burning his hands.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On 2008-12-10 04:06, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
That's one thing I liked about Mark Wilson's DVD on the multiplying balls - he does a phenomenal job of hiding the gimmick even when you're burning his hands.

Couldn't edit the previous post - I actually meant Tim Wright's DVD.
blueninja33
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of blueninja33
I have a $10 shell set that you can buy anywhere online and I am looking to expand my abilities. I remember when I was little and watching Worlds Greatest Magic on Television, Raymond Crowe's 8 Ball Tango simply blew my mind. I've always wanted to some day be able to do a routine like that. All I know is how to use a shell, and barely at that. I look forward to your DVD!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22891 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ordered the Miser Dream DVD set today do the announced price increase. Boy, did not think that a year and a half has passed already.

On November 1, 2009 the price will increase to $59.95 and be available from your favorite dealer as well. Get if from http://www.leventmagic.com

What a fair dealer, not found much in the Holmium now a days. Most dealers want to under price the very dealers they sell to. Not Levent! A fair and above board dealer/manufacturer, all other dealers who wholesale should take note of this man's integrity.

Take this opportunity to by both set!
Shutarou
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Shutarou
Could anyone teach?
Isn't there shop that sells a billiard ball of 2 inches or 1. 75 inches
that is not silicon?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1583 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Perhaps a toy shop,a pet shop or a shop that sells snooker and billiards equipment.

Very enjoyable dvd Levent,if you read this.I'm watching Roy Benson come alive again and again! Thank you.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Shutarou
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of Shutarou
Thank you.
The snooker ball of a billiard shop seems to be good.
Levent
View Profile
Special user
USA
801 Posts

Profile of Levent
Quote:
On 2009-10-21 05:24, Markymark wrote:
Perhaps a toy shop,a pet shop or a shop that sells snooker and billiards equipment.

Very enjoyable dvd Levent,if you read this.I'm watching Roy Benson come alive again and again! Thank you.

HI MarkyMark:

Glad you liked my re-creation of the Benson 6-Ball routine!

Best regards,
http://www.LeventMagic.com
Jakal
View Profile
New user
75 Posts

Profile of Jakal
I want to know a gimmick or sleight that produced four balls in one hand.
Suddenly, four more balls appear between the fingers of the other hand!
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
3009 Posts

Quote:
On 2009-10-22 12:07, Jakal wrote:
I want to know a gimmick or sleight that produced four balls in one hand.
Suddenly, four more balls appear between the fingers of the other hand!

Watch Levent's new DVDs. He goes over the proper use of the flash four production.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Do you have any questions about Billiard Ball manipulation? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL