The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Removable marker? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Is there any marker that we can remove its mark on the cards right after the effect, or maybe during the effect?

Hirase
In love with magic!
denny_Corby
View Profile
Loyal user
PA
240 Posts

Profile of denny_Corby
Maybe a dry-erase marker. I never tried it..
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3433 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
I would think that, on a plastic coated card,
a DryErase marker would work, but that you will probably leave a stain on regular Bikes with it! Smile

Just a thought!
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A dry-erase marker may work on plastic coated cards but it will definitely not work on Bikes (tried it and the ink gets into the tiny crevices and you can't get it out.)
Arellion
View Profile
New user
England
26 Posts

Profile of Arellion
An OHP pen will work on a plastic coated card but not Bikes. And who wants to use plastic coated cards? Unless removing the pen is part of the effect I like to use a deck for table-hopping that gets signed as I go along, so by the end of the night I have about ten signed cards.
In fact I might start collecting signed cards.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Thanks for all your replies.

I am thinking of a trick that I can remove someone's sign from a card during the routine...not just because of saving a card. Anyway, thanks for your kind replies.

Hirase Smile
In love with magic!
eddieloughran
View Profile
Special user
942 Posts

Profile of eddieloughran
Couldn't you just switch in a duplicate card?
Peter Marucci
View Profile
Inner circle
5389 Posts

Profile of Peter Marucci
A dry-erase marker WILL work on plastic-coated cards (I just tried it) but not on Bikes, as we have said before.
But, after thinking about it, I have to agree with edieloughran's post, above: Why not just switch in a duplicate card; it's got to be a lot easier and more magical.
HiraseMagic
View Profile
Special user
Hong Kong
573 Posts

Profile of HiraseMagic
Yup, you are right. What I am thinking of is making the mark vanish more visual.

Thanks!
In love with magic!
BryanDreyfus
View Profile
Loyal user
293 Posts

Profile of BryanDreyfus
then switch in a card with thin black tape on it and "peel" the signature off.

that woould loo magical.

Bryan
Oh sure, I can spell "Antidisestablishmentarianism", but I can't type t-h-e.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1480 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
This does not apply to cards but did you know that if you draw an x or any mark on a coin with a PERMENANT marker pen the mark will of course not come off.

However if you go over the same mark with a NON-PERMANANT/DRY ERASE marker pen you can easily remove all marks with the swipe of your thumb.

Someone told me about this with a monte routine using coins. Draw a large X with a permanant pen on a coin. Secretly switch the pen for a similar looking pen except non-permanant ink. Say you will just make the x a little bolder and draw over the original mark.

Then you can easily remove the x from the coin when you want.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Removable marker? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL