The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Super Aerial Glass- Wil Golden (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Hi All Smile

I always enjoy doing the airborne & have several sets from Fukai , Seomagic & Malloy & Ray Lum

But when I watch the Super Aerial Glass by Wil Golden, it looks so magically...the review given by so many top magicians are positive..I definely need to purchase them....it looks so cool... Smile

But I would like a honest feedback from any Cafémember who owns one here if they are really that good...any pro & cons?

Need some feed back cos the price is at US$120.00

Thanks Smile
dove-boy
RVH Magic
View Profile
Special user
877 Posts

Profile of RVH Magic
It's really great - I highly recommend it !
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
Just got the Super Aerial Glass by Wil Golden 1 days ago...this is really very superior made props from bottle to 'wine 'glass' gimmick....very intricate parts(interesting)..very cool & fun to play with( I search aound & got the FREIXENET black wine Bottle to fit the gimmick), ...most importantly of all, no more unhook after the pouring..fools magician..5 star out of 5 star, a must for anyone enjoy the airborne effect!

Check out the 6 packs too, cool for bday parties, the latex items are very well made...the latex lemon & egg & can used for the OLEC routine.

Mr Daba is a very creative magciian too, his invisble dove harness( several improvement) & other close up effects is very cool...check them all! Smile
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
Looking at the video on the website (www.TwisterMagic.com), the liquid when poured is only 6 inches long. Can that be made further?
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
dove-boy
View Profile
Special user
Joe Yu (Stage Name)
545 Posts

Profile of dove-boy
You have to e-mail to George to check with him.

But offhand, I measured...the liquid when poured from the edge of the bottle to the edge of the cup is 4 inch & 4.25 inch edge into the gimmick which is very well made.

The distance is more than enough...too long, the cup will wobble more...not magical...the cup needs to be more or less be stationary as still as possible when liquid is pouring to crate the magical effects...the moment the wine glass moves too much ...though the effect is gone...think 4-4.25 inch is just nice.....hope this helps Smile
Lou Hilario
View Profile
Inner circle
2234 Posts

Profile of Lou Hilario
I'm not convinced at a length of 4 inches. I perform mine at a feet long. I made my own electronic version that goes down and rises up. What I'm interested in is if I can use that gimmick to be able to hook and unhook automatically.
Magic, Illusions, Juggling, Puppet & Parrot Show ^0^
http://www.louhilario.net
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
I purchased this new airborne version a while ago. I've performed and played with many versions. The champagne version from MAK magic seems the best to me, although it has its drawbacks.

I was very excited when I heard about this, and immediately ordered.
Well, I must say honestly that I was very dissapointed. At first I thought something was worng with my model, but it wasn't. I couldn't make it work (and trust me, I go to great lenghts to make soemthing work), and I'm honestly amazed that it can work (I will first have to see it to believe it).
I remember that when I posted about this, there where quite a few people that felt the same. I've send it back and got a refund.
John
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of John
Simon,

Your assessment is sobering.

My question is - assuming Simon is wrong and it can be made to work smoothly - is: Can I adpt it to a can? In venues where I work a soda pop can looks better and fits my "patter" better.

Many Thanks
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Hello John,

I hope I'm wrong, and if I see someone that knows how to make it work and create the beautiful illusion that it is supposed to do, I will be using it. But as I said earlier, that seems unlikely to me.

As for your question:
No, it can't be adapted to a can, the gimmick is specifically desiogned for a (long) bottleneck.

regards
Simon
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
100 Posts

Profile of georgeiglesias
Hello Simon:

I would like to know when did you purchase your product and where did you purchased, maybe your are confuse and bought a different version.

The only two stores in which you can get Wils version are Denny Lee and ours.

Because reading at your posts, it seems like if you were talking about another system or that maybe you never understand how the Aerial Glass work.

I will be more than happy to give you some handling tips and answer all your questions about how to perform the effect and get familiarize with the gimmick.

The effect and handling description can be find in the previous posts in this topic.

The Aerial Glass by Wil Golden is the most close to perfection system in the airborne effect. Once again it took Wil Golden 7 years to develop this idea!

There is:

NO Hook!

NO Weight!

NO Ringing Bottle!

NO Searching for a Catch!

NO chugging liquid!

It is important to make clear that the Aerial Glass is made to fit "any bottle" not any can.

By any chance, the advertising does not say that you can fit the gimmick at a soda can, instead it is precisely made to fit any kind of bottle, from champagne and wine botlles to plastic soda bottles too.

The bottle does not need to be a long bottle neck, the gimmick will also fit a small 12 oz Coca Cola if you want.

The reviews of this product are just amazingly positive including reviews from Magic and Genni magazine.

Plus the word of recognized magicians in the world of magic that are using this product, such as: Juliana Chen, Rocco, Fantasio, Rand Woodbury, Jorge Blass, Sonny Fontana, Jason Byrne and the list continues far more. Their comments can be find in our website in the description for the effect.

So once again I invite you to write to my email or send me a PM and I will more than happy to help you and answer all your questions.

And of course we invite everybody to find more about the best version for the airborne in the market today.

Best regards.

GEORGE IGLESIAS
CEO
TWISTER MAGIC
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
George, I have send you a PM!
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
104 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
I have this and am very disappointed in it. If anyone can tell me how to use it without the gimmick making so much noise in the release, please let me know. It seems very awkward in use to me.
Simon Bakker
View Profile
Special user
the Netherlands
587 Posts

Profile of Simon Bakker
Quote:
On 2008-12-03 21:38, Ruppenthal wrote:
I have this and am very disappointed in it. If anyone can tell me how to use it without the gimmick making so much noise in the release, please let me know. It seems very awkward in use to me.

This was exactly one of the problems I encountered, and one of the least.
The main problem is 'detaching' the bottle from the glass. I stand by the point that this can not be done naturally, but only with a very akward motion.

The fact that you have to hold the bottle by the neck while pouring is the first giveaway IMHO.

I was reconsidering my opinion when I read about all the pro's who are raving about this. I thought that my model didn't worked properly, but after the last post in this thread I'm back on earth.

I found it very curious that it is advertised that the sound problem of the classic Airborne models is eliminated.Yes, it indeed is, but a whole new sound problem is created.....
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
100 Posts

Hello Ruphental and Simon:

Apparently there is a lack of information and confusion with your prop. Let me give you some hints and performance tips.

Simon a PM is being send to you too in reply to your PM.

In order to avoid the sound of the magnet hitting the bottle back at the time of realease there is three scenarios.

This is a Stage Magic trick and it is designed to be performed on Stage a little bit far from the audience using music that will cover any little sound create by the magnet being retract.

But, if you are performing in a Parlor Magic situation in which there is no music involve there is two ways of presenting the trick.

1) Grab the bottle from the neck so at the time of release the magnet will slightly hit you on the hand deaden the sound. Check the demo at our website.

2) Place a thin foam around the bottle and cover it with gold aluminum foil, this will give you the idea of the Champagne glass and at the same time will deaden the sound too.

I have spoke personally with Wil Golden who is going to post soon some other tips here at the Café too, to help you improve your performance with the Aerial Glass.

Yes, the Aerial Glass works 100% of the times and it is perform for big names in magic now, the only thing is that it need to be use in the right way.

In order to make it easier for our customers to understand the product, we here at Twister Magic we recently recorded a DVD with Wil Golden explaining all, performance, gimmick, types of bottles and extra tips, that we give away to all our customers and everybody that purchase the Aerial Glass.

I know that you purchase your products from Denny and Lee, but I spoke with Wil Golden and as a courtesy from us, we are willing to send you the Instructional DVDs for free if you agree to pay the postage for that.

Just email me and send me the following:

1) Proof of purchase (Receipt, Invoice or credit card payment)
2) Time of purchase
2) Full Name
3) Address
4) Payment info for postage of DVD

I hope this helps if there is anything else, do not hesitate in contact us.

Best regards.

GEORGE IGLESIAS
CEO
TWISTER MAGIC
Ruppenthal
View Profile
Regular user
I'm busy, so I only have
104 Posts

Profile of Ruppenthal
George:
I'm sure all you say has merit, but none of this information was included with the prop or mentioned before sale. I still question whether the sound of the gimmick can be hidden - I don't see how. And I don't work with music in my shows. I feel I was misinformed before my purchase and am not happy about it...
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
100 Posts

Hello Ruppenthal:

Just trying to help! As you know we did not sell the product to you, so we are not in obligation to help you at all. However we care about this product, not only because Wil is a good friend of us, but also because we sell it and distribute it to Europe and Asia and we want everybody to be happy with a great product. We are offering you the possibility to get the new Instructional DVD for free since you are the owner of one of the products. Of course it is your call.

The idea of the DVD came out later than the product was out on the market, as soon as we decided to carry it. As you might understand, all products change throughout the course of time as part of their improvement. You can purchase a video camera today and get a better one, one week later, such is business.

In this case the gimmick and props are exactly the same, but now in addition to the instructions it comes with an instructional DVD.

Best regards.

GEORGE IGLESIAS
CEO
TWISTER MAGIC
Rolf Reiner
View Profile
Loyal user
Mallorca - Spain
229 Posts

Profile of Rolf Reiner
I watched the video at the twister website, and what concerned me more than the size of the pour is the lengh of the effect. As presented, the floating effect lasted a bit over 3 seconds, and this seems a bit short for the effect to register fully on the audience. I would want to do this for 5 plus seconds at least. To the ones who own the prop, do you think this is possible?
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Yes, 5 seconds would be possible.I love doing it for 2 seconds! With children you raise your hand and then realise the glass is floating and quickly grab it.
I used a piece of insulating tape on the gimmick in the glass.Just so as the cling is not too strong.
It's not perfect but this is the best version that I've seen.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
georgeiglesias
View Profile
New user
Miami USA
100 Posts

Hello Rolf:

Yes it is possible to perform the effect for 5 or more seconds depending on the speed in which you pour the liquid and the quantity of liquid that you pour inside of the glass.

If you check the video you will see that Wil perform the effect filling only 1/4 of the liquid into the glass, but you can fill the whole glass if you want and that will take you from 5 to 8 seconds depending on the liquid that you use, so the answer to your question is yes!

Check the video again at:

I hope this answer you question and if there is anything else in which I can help you let me know.

Best regards.

GEORGE IGLESIAS
CEO
TWISTER MAGIC
Tonystagemagic
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Tonystagemagic
I just got aerial super glass and it is best airborne glass I ever had higly revomended
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Super Aerial Glass- Wil Golden (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL