The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mendoza Combo Ball question (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
I did a search and didn't come up with anything, so sorry if this is a repeater question:

I have a set of ole Mike Rogers baseballs and plan to use them with the awaited Mendoza Combo set coming in soon from RnT, and I hear great things for the cups...but what are your thoughts on the set of balls that come with them?

The chopped Baseball from Mike Rogers is a LIGHT weight ball and with my other cheapo set of cups I use a bit of an obvious hit to 'do the move' and wonder if it will be that way with the Mendoza set.

I have a regular set of M. R. baseballs and will use them with this set in a regular routine.

So, what is it like with using an 'adjustable' chop ball that RnT have? It sounds like a big improvement for use with the cups.

-Scott M
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
It is, I think you will like them.

Bill
kentfgunn
View Profile
Inner circle
Merritt Island FL
1639 Posts

Profile of kentfgunn
Scott,

I think Jake's crew makes the best looking ones out there, period. They've picked vibrant colors. I think the RNT2 crowd thought long and hard about how to make this gaffus the best they could. I would not discuss RNT2's special features in a public forum. I got spanked for it once! Trade secrets and all, y'know.

How to know if your baseballs will work as you wish them to with the John M cups . . . c'mon now. One way to know.
MickeyPainless
View Profile
Inner circle
California
6074 Posts

Profile of MickeyPainless
The RNT2 adjustables are wonderful! I have played with them enough to actually fine tune em for whatever strength I want on the fly! As for your
new combo cups, there are many many VERY pleased customers out there so I'll look forward to hearing more raves once you receive yours!
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of BCS
Scott,
You will love the Cups and the Balls... The Mendoza Set are the best combo Cups that I own.
Have fun with them,
Bruce
magicorik
View Profile
Loyal user
Italia
201 Posts

Profile of magicorik
The 'adjustable' chop ball is very clever and useful.
You can "tune" it.......
Reccommended.
MagicByUriel
View Profile
Veteran user
Johnathan Townsend has a lot more than
358 Posts

Profile of MagicByUriel
I just found out that the balls are adjustable last night, and let me tell you it is absolute genius!

Thanks Jake!
"Magic is the only art that the audience wants the performer to screw up" - Daniel Garcia
mysto59
View Profile
Loyal user
Bethalto, Illinois
264 Posts

Profile of mysto59
I have the chop ball for my RnT II Don Alan Stubby fine tuned to where setting the cup down just slightly more than "normal" does the trick. One "set down" looks no different than the other. RnT II chop balls are great!
It's not the size of the wand that matters, it's the "magic" in it...
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Thanks all.

Kent: I was just wondering if anyone else was using MR balls with their set by chance...so yea, I know I gotta do it myself.

Sounds as if I may not even have to bring them out based on the reviews of the Rnt choppers...can't wait to give-em-a-go.

Thanks again for your input everyone.

-Scott M
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24274 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
When you have 50 posts, you can go into the secret sessions. I have laid bare the secret of the chop cup balls.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Something I look forward to when I get there Bill...thank you.

Also thanks for answering some questions I had a couple months ago about nesting cups and other stuff...as you can read, I went with the above mentioned cups.

-Scott M.
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Got my cups and man are the great!

The feel and weight of these will take some getting used to, but it is coming fast.

When I talked to Jake on the phone, he asked me what color balls I wanted and told him "tantalizing turquoiz" he said that they will come with the set...well a set of red came. That was the only bummer. I am not crazy about red with copper cups.

Anyway, I do like the gaffed ball...pretty cool and unique. So I am on another search for a great set of balls to go with the cups for a back up.

I can see how many people get a lot of sets...these are addicting!

-Scott M.
BCS
View Profile
Inner circle
1079 Posts

Profile of BCS
Scott,

That is great your Cups arrived, I agree they have a nice feel and heft to them. Will you keep them shiny or let them brown?

Have fun with them,
Bruce
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
As soon as I took them out of the papers that covered them, I was in awe of the shine. After handling them, within a 30 minute time period, they started to get the character of browning and YET WERE SHINY. I don't understand this, as my other cups (chepo's) got dull with the 'browning'.

I love the shine, but am afraid that I will loose the shine.

I also love the character that they develop on their own.

I viewed Vernon a lot and was amazed at how beaten up his cups looked. Well, at least they were not presteen (sp). He wasn't afraid of hitting them with his wand. I may be on this side of performing without bashing them, but not afraid of letting character develop on the cups.

I may also us them as street cups, unless there is a possibility of the gaff coming loose from one of the cups?

-Scott M
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
Scott,
I was unaware you were suppose to get the Turqouise. I'll have a set done by morning and right out to you.

Epiphany
Epiphany
View Profile
Regular user
New Orleans
187 Posts

Profile of Epiphany
Scott....
Balls went out in this evenings mail, I'm sorry again I was unaware of the specific color.

Epiphany Jean
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Thank you Epiphany!

I am sure during the transfer of roles, things got whacky!

I appreciate your customer service.

-Scott M
Scott M
View Profile
Special user
Apex, NC
524 Posts

Profile of Scott M
Got the balls and they are NICE! Almost thought they were not coming...but patience is a must for a nice set like this.

Thank you very much....They look wonderful with my Mendoza cups. Talk about SOUL!

-Scott M.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Mendoza Combo Ball question (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL