The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The Fly is ready and WOW (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I got to try out R. Paul Wilson's "The Fly" today and with the DVD he supplies, even a coin nerd like yours truly can do it... This is the simplest, smoothest and most baffling of the Visible Coins Across genre I have seen. I tried all the previous versions, but this is one that (as soon as I can find the money) I will DO. Wilson has several routines and handlings on the DVD. The one I like best is the same as the first, but with a silk handkerchief stretched between your hands.. It makes it more elegant and MORE MAGICAL LOOKING. To get one (the first run has almost sold out) you need to email joeporper@hotmail.com Tell him I sent you.
:spinningcoin: Smile Smile
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
brettsaunders
View Profile
Regular user
Australia
108 Posts

Profile of brettsaunders
Sounds great - looking forward to seeing a demo. Pete, is this being sold exclusively by Porper Originals? Thanks,

Brett.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
Exciting, I also looking forward to seeing a demo.

-Morten-
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
Thanks Pete, just what I need another super expensive magic prop that you recommend. You'll be hearing from my accountant.
Jimeh
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa, Ontario
1399 Posts

Profile of Jimeh
Smile
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Okay, so how's the last vanish look? Standard mechanics and gaffs gets you most of the rest with no problems so what's left is that last coin all by itself at the left fingertips. What's new?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
jprace
View Profile
Inner circle
2209 Posts

Profile of jprace
I really want to see a demo video.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I'm sure it's coming. Paul is a great thinker and I'm sure he realizes that many more will sell once we see them. That's a lot of dough to unload on a coin trick sight unseen.
MortenN
View Profile
Veteran user
Norway
338 Posts

Profile of MortenN
R. Paul Wilson have make an instructional DVD. (from a reliable source, Joe Porper)

We still waiting for a demo. Smile

-Morten-
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
The DVD that accompanies the gaffs goes extensively into a step by step instruction of the routine with additional ideas for the gaffs, especially his "Silk Fly", but don't recall seeing any actual complete uninterrupted performance by R Paul Wilson which is always appreciated before teaching a routine
Dan McLean
View Profile
Inner circle
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
1261 Posts

Profile of Dan McLean
Quote:
On 2008-11-02 00:00, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
Okay, so how's the last vanish look? Standard mechanics and gaffs gets you most of the rest with no problems so what's left is that last coin all by itself at the left fingertips. What's new?

Completely agree. The last coin. Many of the gaffed versions look quite magical. No need for another. But the last coin always seems the weakest part. Looking forward to the demo.
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
I checked out Porpers web, no info!

http://www.porperoriginals.com/
2003 user
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of 2003 user
Quote:
On 2008-11-03 22:42, GeorgeG wrote:
The DVD that accompanies the gaffs goes extensively into a step by step instruction of the routine with additional ideas for the gaffs, especially his "Silk Fly", but don't recall seeing any actual complete uninterrupted performance by R Paul Wilson which is always appreciated before teaching a routine

Only instruction, no performance ? I hope to see a demo before placing my order.
Rizzo
View Profile
Inner circle
East Coast
3349 Posts

Profile of Rizzo
Spoke To Joe Porper at convention last week and He said its not yet available.
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
It's likely only being offered to those that expressed interest in the past. I sent R Paul Wilson an e-mail many months ago over this item and he referred me to do the same with Joe at that time. I was at Joe's business a few days ago and he had a very few sets on hand and he showed me his new salt gimmick.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
What did you think of the salt gimmick? I am currently working on the intruction booklet. I think it is awesome for the second phase. So simple to do as well.
sharpace
View Profile
Loyal user
264 Posts

Profile of sharpace
Hi Pete,

Anywhere I can watch a demo of The Fly ? YouTube ? Thanks
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
NO DEMO .. it's up to R. Paul Wilson. If he does one, fine... if not ???
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2008-11-04 18:45, Pete Biro wrote:
NO DEMO .. it's up to R. Paul Wilson. If he does one, fine... if not ???

They YouTube by a customer or perhaps a performance and exposure by the masked magician? Really a matter of which happens first.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Pete, I am not a salt gimmick aficionado so my opinion is limited, but I do have an eye for clever magical gizmos and the mechanics of Joe's new salt pourer from the brief demo he showed me looked impressive. Nicely sized device and the spring valves conveniently located for the closed fist
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » The Fly is ready and WOW (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL