The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » blood from hands (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
I was reading about two chemicals that when put together form blood. I don't have a name but I believe it may be some kind of movie prop. Does anyone have a source, or may have used this in the past and can give a heads up on it? Thanks.
When I feel blue I start to breath again
StrangeMagick
View Profile
Special user
616 Posts

Profile of StrangeMagick
The item you seek is called "Two Part Magic Blood". It is marketed by Kryolan.

It should also be in stock with some makeup suppliers.

I found it here:

http://www.broadwaycostumes.com/sales/kryolan.htm

and here:
[outdated link]

I've never used the "blood", but here is what I've been told. The two chemicals are both liquid, clear, and one must be wet for the reaction to occur. The other can be allowed to dry. The result is a red color, but it turns more of an orange-rust color in a few minutes.

As a side note, be careful using this stuff. I was told that one of the ingredients that is responsible for the "blood" is potassium thiocyanate ... this stuff contains cyanide.

Hope this helps.

Magickally,
Dave Birtwell
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Dave, thank you for the websites. Does anyone else know anything about the cyanide in it? I already have loads of ways to hurt myself, without using fake blood. I would like to think that this would be safe, or they would not market it. Then I think of some of the stuff in my food, and worry. Smile
Michael Peterson
View Profile
Inner circle
is where I'm trapped, because of my
4071 Posts

Profile of Michael Peterson
[outdated link]

You can get an item here called "Blood Evidence". I have it & it works quite well. It is a two part chemical & it makes a beautiful, very real looking fake blood.

Smile
Wil Castor
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle
144 Posts

Profile of Wil Castor
I would definitely recommend it. I would also (depending on exactly what effect your looking for) recommend looking into a sprizzer from http://www.hottrix.com. I use it to do a crying or bleeding stone, and it works great. Good luck!
Pain is the craft entering into the apprentice.
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
For information on the individual chemicals... see my post on safety. It was on the 19th, about the MSDS for the chemicals you choose to use!
You will gain a lot of knowledge!
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
I used to "cut" my hand, using a little mortician's wax. It was made up with base make-up, and stippling. The "blood" was injected under the wax. When the wax was cut, the bleeding was very effective.
Slim Price/sanscan
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Jnana
View Profile
New user
59 Posts

Profile of Jnana
Thanks, Ichazod. Blood evidence seems perfect. I'll get it next pay day. A few questions on the other post. On the sprizzer, I watched the video. Is it true to life? Can I squirt things I drink out my nose, or do the smoke out the ear close to people? Also: Sanscan, I have no idea what stippling is. I'm guessing some kind of make up, or wax. Can you set me straight on this? I really like your idea. Thanks.
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Thank you! I used to be a theater make-up artist among my many sins. Smile The surface of Mortician's wax is very soft after it's covered with make up. (I used tan #2 BTW). You can find a color to match your own skin closely. A stippler is just an open weave plastic sponge, used to simulate rough skin. Find a place that sells theatrical make up, such as Max Factor's. They will have what you need.
Slim Price

[outdated link]
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
Dark illusionist
View Profile
Loyal user
pough town new york
253 Posts

Profile of Dark illusionist
you can also use a stipple brush to make convincing stubble or broken capilary arteries in the face.

jonathan
Check out my brand new website:

www.ovationmagic.cjb.net

if you like it sign the guest book, if you realy like it then realy sign the guest book. If you hate it then go away.
mattstark
View Profile
New user
Matt
9 Posts

Profile of mattstark
Another great product to create the blood from palms effect is Kryolans blood powder. Rub it into your palm (it will become invisible) then as your hand sweats it creates blood from the palms. You can bring on the sweating by holding your hand close to a flame. Or you could have a little water sprinkled in the other hand and bring them together. Do a search on google for Kryolans powdered blood to find a supplier
"your mind becomes my stage . . . your thoughts become my props"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » blood from hands (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL